Long Yang - The White Path of Buddhism

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
plwk

Long Yang - The White Path of Buddhism

Post by plwk »

The White Lama
Was browsing through youtube vids and found the above....anyone heard or know about them? Opinions?
Grigoris
Former staff member

Re: Long Yang - The White Path of Buddhism

Post by Grigoris »

plwk wrote:The White Lama
Was browsing through youtube vids and found the above....anyone heard or know about them? Opinions?
Well, the fact that all the people that could possibly verify his qualifications/credentials are all dead doesn't do much for ones credibility, but apart from that...

According to the Rigpa Shedra site:
His (Dorje Lingpas) lineage has persisted until today without decline, and some of his teachings have been preserved in a close lineage through Jamyang Khyentsé Wangpo.
So whether Agya Rinpoche handed over the lineage to Tulku Khyungdor Rinpoche or not could probably be answered by Jamyang Khyentsé Wangpo whose only living emanation currently is H.H. Sakya Dagchen Rinpoche, the current head of Phunstok Podrang, based in Seattle, Washington, U.S.A.

You could also ask the living emanation of Jamgon Kongtrul Lodro Taye (the guy that recognised H.H. Sakya Dagchen Rinpoche) but I think that's starting to get a little bit too far removed.

Why you interested in this guy? You want to receive teachings from him?
:namaste:
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
plwk

Post by plwk »

Mere observation...
Blue Garuda

Post by Blue Garuda »

Within the Nyingma tradition there are non-celibate Lamas whsoe ordination is that of an Ngakpa (Ngagpa), usually called the White Sangha due to their white robes. Within Tantra, of course, they are able to perform certain actions deined to a celibate monk . I don't know if this Lama is of that order, perhaps.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ngagpa" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Left
conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

I'm trying to figure out where the term "Long Yang" came from, (what language) and what it could possibly mean.....
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")
Pero

Post by Pero »

conebeckham wrote:I'm trying to figure out where the term "Long Yang" came from, (what language) and what it could possibly mean.....
Tibetan and it can mean something like vast expanse.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

Right, Pero....I thought it was something like "Melody of the Vast Expanse" or "Song of the Vast Expanse," which corresponds with some of the material on that website...but there's no indication that's the case, or where he got that title from.....
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")
Mr. G

Post by Mr. G »

...his enthronement his recognition certificate was confirmed (sealed and signed) by H.H. Minling Trichen Rinpoche and H.H. Penor Rinpoche, the former head Lamas of the Buddhist Nyingma lineage.
Can someone provide a copy of the signed letter confirming this?
  • How foolish you are,
    grasping the letter of the text and ignoring its intention!
    - Vasubandhu

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”