Hello

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.
Marmalade

Hello

Post by Marmalade »

I'm new here, and on Dhamma Wheel. I'm not a Buddhist (I'm kind of agnostic, I guess), and I don't really know a lot about Buddhism, except some good basic stuff I read over at Buddhanet. There are a couple of questions I'd like to ask, generally along the lines of how peaceful a religion Buddhism is, whether Buddhism makes it easier for it's followers to be on good terms with people, and to what extent it helps it's followers to feel contented with life, how much does meditation help, and such like. However, I am finding it more difficult than I expected to draft such questions, strangely enough. Perhaps that's because I don't really know enough to ask such questions effectively.

I'll probably make a few posts, and see what happens, if that's OK :namaste:
Hello, I am not actually a Buddhist, and I know only some very limited basics about Buddhism. I'd like to know a bit more and to ask a few questions, if that's OK. :)
plwk

Re: Hello

Post by plwk »

:lol:
rose
Site Admin

Post by rose »

Hi Marmalade,

Welcome to Dharma Wheel.

Regards,
rt
Luke

Post by Luke »

Now that's a tasty name!

Welcome to DW! Feel free to ask anything you like.

One of the main things Buddhism does is to allow you to begin to see yourself honestly. Practicing Buddhism has shown me that in many ways I'm not really a very nice person, and this realization has allowed me to begin to slowly improve myself. Buddhism has awakened the desire to be kind within me.

Another thing you should realize is that there are many types of Buddhist meditations. There are styles of meditation which focus on different things: breathing, mantras, emotions, visualizations, etc. and sometimes a combination of these things. You might find it interesting to read about the different types of Buddhist meditations.

:buddha1:
Blue Garuda

Post by Blue Garuda »

Welcome indeed.

It's always good to ask questions. In fact it's compulsory!! LOL :)
Left
Ngawang Drolma
Founding Member

Post by Ngawang Drolma »

Marmalade

Post by Marmalade »

Thank you all for your warm welcome :)
Hello, I am not actually a Buddhist, and I know only some very limited basics about Buddhism. I'd like to know a bit more and to ask a few questions, if that's OK. :)

Return to “Introductions”