Warning The Truth You Don't Wanna Hear

Share your stories and poems with us here.
garudha

Warning The Truth You Don't Wanna Hear

Post by garudha »

SEEMS YOU MISSED IT.

I EDITED IT.

YOU'LL SEARCH BUT YOU'LL NEVER FIND.

HEY! GO DO SOMETHING ALTRUISTIC...

YOU'LL BE GLAD YOU DID... WHEREAS SEARCHING FOR "TRUTH" IS LIKE LOOKING FOR THE BACK OF YOUR HEAD WITH YOUR OWN EYES...

AND SO YOU LOOK HARDER... :rolleye:
Last edited by Ayu on Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Modified the big letters in the title, since it looks like shouting.
Schrödinger’s Yidam

Re: WARNING THE TRUTH YOU DON;T WANNA HEAR

Post by Schrödinger’s Yidam »

WHEREAS SEARCHING FOR "TRUTH" IS LIKE LOOKING FOR THE BACK OF YOUR HEAD WITH YOUR OWN EYES...
That's actually correct, mind can never take itself as its own object dualistically.

Glad you figured that much out. Keep going. You might actually begin to understand these conversation.
1.The problem isn’t ‘ignorance’. The problem is the mind you have right now. (H.H. Karmapa XVII @NYC 2/4/18)
2. I support Mingyur R and HHDL in their positions against lama abuse.
3. Student: Lama, I thought I might die but then I realized that the 3 Jewels would protect me.
Lama: Even If you had died the 3 Jewels would still have protected you. (DW post by Fortyeightvows)
odysseus

Post by odysseus »

smcj wrote: That's actually correct, mind can never take itself as its own object dualistically.
Well, I don't agree with you. The mind can perceive anything, whether singular or dualistic - even take itself as it's own object. Meaning it is able to know itself. The mind is not an inanimate object. :stirthepot:
odysseus

Post by odysseus »

tomamundsen wrote:
Yea, but you can't ever find "truth" using the mind.
You are in fact endowed with a mind, as a human being. Therefore you have the power to direct your mind towards some place somewhere; there the truth will be located. :spy:
Thomas Amundsen

Post by Thomas Amundsen »

odysseus wrote:
tomamundsen wrote:
Yea, but you can't ever find "truth" using the mind.
You are in fact endowed with a mind, as a human being. Therefore you have the power to direct your mind towards some place somewhere; there the truth will be located. :spy:
Oops. I had deleted my post in-between when you posted this, because I realized I wasn't even replying to what you were talking about.

What do you mean by "truth" here? I guess we might be talking past each other if we aren't using the word in the same way.
odysseus

Post by odysseus »

tomamundsen wrote:
What do you mean by "truth" here? I guess we might be talking past each other if we aren't using the word in the same way.
You're starting to get over my head buddy, why do you say truth with apostrophes? There is actually something that is the TRUTH, without apostrophes and all lol. But the truth can only finally take us "so far", so look beyond it as well after you have finally gotten to know it (the truth). :heart:
Thomas Amundsen

odysseus wrote:
tomamundsen wrote:
You're starting to get over my head buddy, why do you say truth with apostrophes? There is actually something that is the TRUTH, without apostrophes and all lol. But the truth can only finally take us "so far", so look beyond it as well after you have finally gotten to know it (the truth). :heart:
I was just using the quotes because I am uncertain of what is meant by it. I haven't found any Truth on my path yet, but I am a poor practitioner. I will keep this in mind in case I do see Truth one day. Thank you. :namaste:
odysseus

Post by odysseus »

tomamundsen wrote: I was just using the quotes because I am uncertain of what is meant by it. I haven't found any Truth on my path yet, but I am a poor practitioner. I will keep this in mind in case I do see Truth one day. Thank you. :namaste:
lol! I guess my heart is telling me lies, 'cause you're the TRUTH. Believe it, if you get my drift! http://youtu.be/W7dUqtYlisU
Kim O'Hara
Former staff member

Post by Kim O'Hara »

So ... how many of you have noticed that Garudha posted this in the Creative Writing forum?

:coffee:
Schrödinger’s Yidam

Post by Schrödinger’s Yidam »

So ... how many of you have noticed that Garudha posted this in the Creative Writing forum?
I did, and the legalistic nit-picker in me wondered how that worked with the ToS.

I'm so glad I'm not a mod.
1.The problem isn’t ‘ignorance’. The problem is the mind you have right now. (H.H. Karmapa XVII @NYC 2/4/18)
2. I support Mingyur R and HHDL in their positions against lama abuse.
3. Student: Lama, I thought I might die but then I realized that the 3 Jewels would protect me.
Lama: Even If you had died the 3 Jewels would still have protected you. (DW post by Fortyeightvows)
Thomas Amundsen

Kim O'Hara wrote:So ... how many of you have noticed that Garudha posted this in the Creative Writing forum?

I did notice. Does that mean that we shouldn't discuss it in this way? Sorry, I should know better considering I'm on the mod team. :emb:
odysseus

Post by odysseus »

tomamundsen wrote:
Kim O'Hara wrote:So ... how many of you have noticed that Garudha posted this in the Creative Writing forum?

I did notice. Does that mean that we shouldn't discuss it in this way? Sorry, I should know better considering I'm on the mod team. :emb:
OK, don't you guys ever try to touch him. Is that understood, now?
Thomas Amundsen

Re: Warning The Truth You Don't Wanna Hear

odysseus wrote:
tomamundsen wrote:

OK, don't you guys ever try to touch him. Is that understood, now?
Garudha is doing just fine, I don't have any intention to disrupt his topics. If anything, I think Kim is actually protecting him from us.
odysseus

Post by odysseus »

tomamundsen wrote:If anything, I think Kim is actually protecting him from us.
Mr. Garudha don't need any protection, he needs to do even more "creative writing". lol :smile: We dig his stuff.
Kim O'Hara
Former staff member

Post by Kim O'Hara »

tomamundsen wrote:Garudha is doing just fine, I don't have any intention to disrupt his topics. If anything, I think Kim is actually protecting him from us.
Pretty much.
I'm saying, "I hope you do realise that Garudha isn't necessarily expressing his own real opinions," and, "You should be reading this as fiction or poetry or parable or myth or whatever, but not as though it is a genuine rant."

:reading:
Kim
garudha

Post by garudha »

So there's this guy, who has a head made out of five giant blocks. The blocks are all different and they are as follows, from left to right, T R U T H.

Yeah, crazy, huh? This guy is truth walking. Let's call him Mr Truth (not his real name).

Well Mr Truth walks into a bar filled with regulars gathered round various tables and leaning posts, and asks the bartender, "I'm looking for the truth".

Everyone in the bar puts their drinks down. The bar tender replies "We don't serve the truth in here".

Mr Truth slams his fist down "I demand the truth!".

"I'll have to ask you to leave" the bar tender informs the customer.

Mr Truth leaves.

The tender tells his patrons "You won't find the truth in this bar".

A customer asks openly "Why not tell the guy the truth?"

"Impossible" replies the bar tender. "His head would explode, there'd be no truth, and the resultant situation would be impossible".

"What do you mean by "impossible"', asks another?

"Well, although today, we've all seen the truth; none of us can can actually imagine what the resultant situation would be like. The universe is made from quantum particles, and these laws are fundamental to how we exist, it's therefore impossible, due to the laws of quantum mechanics, to even imagine what would happen if the truth exploded."

"If the truth can never know itself, due to the very existence of itself, how can this paradoxical situation ever be resolved ?"

"There are those who have a faith but it's not discussed openly"

"A faith in what? Can you give a hint"

"In lies, and deception, that the tables can be turned, and the truth becomes a lie, that lies become the new truth".

"Never... the truth will always win-out".

"Well, if it would be so, then the truth must remain in ignorance for the continuum to remain as it is".
Queequeg
Former staff member

Post by Queequeg »

There is no suffering to be severed. Ignorance and klesas are indivisible from bodhi. There is no cause of suffering to be abandoned. Since extremes and the false are the Middle and genuine, there is no path to be practiced. Samsara is nirvana. No severance achieved. No suffering nor its cause. No path, no end. There is no transcendent realm; there is only the one true aspect. There is nothing separate from the true aspect.
-Guanding, Perfect and Sudden Contemplation,
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

As Anam Thubten once said:
I hope that people won't use so much this word 'truth' as times goes by. It's a beautiful word, but a word that sucks, ultimately.
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche

Return to “Creative Writing”