Ayu
Global Moderator

Economy explained in cookies

Post by Ayu »

Queequeg
Former staff member

Re: Economy explained in cookies

Post by Queequeg »

I suspect its been like that forever... Looking at our cousin gorillas, the silverback takes all as his prerogative, until someone takes all from him, and so on, generation after generation. Samsara in microcosm.

A perfunctory survey of great spiritual traditions suggests at least one common theme - the prescription of generosity. Aside from blood shed, moral compulsion seems the only effective way to convince the guy in the bow tie to share, to show him that sharing is actually the rational choice.

Bill Gates is on that path.
There is no suffering to be severed. Ignorance and klesas are indivisible from bodhi. There is no cause of suffering to be abandoned. Since extremes and the false are the Middle and genuine, there is no path to be practiced. Samsara is nirvana. No severance achieved. No suffering nor its cause. No path, no end. There is no transcendent realm; there is only the one true aspect. There is nothing separate from the true aspect.
-Guanding, Perfect and Sudden Contemplation,
Thomas Amundsen

Post by Thomas Amundsen »

I'd laugh if it weren't so unfortunately accurate.
Ayu
Global Moderator

Post by Ayu »

tomamundsen wrote:I'd laugh if it weren't so unfortunately accurate.
If y'all take it serious, we can move it to "Engaged Buddhism", "Dharma in Everyday Life" or "Ethical Conduct". :smile:
Thomas Amundsen

Post by Thomas Amundsen »

The truth is that I actually did laugh, and I just didn't want to admit it :oops: :emb:

:rolling:
skittles

Post by skittles »

It won't be like this forever. Eventually all crucial tasks will be automated and we'll have enough resources that there will be no purpose in trying to "hog" them.

Capitalism only serves a purpose when there isn't enough. People will get smart and put limits on populations and expand the human habitat to space and this whole way of life with wages and costs will end.
"My main teacher Serkong Rinpoche, who was one of the teachers of His Holiness the Dalai Lama, explained that having a protector is like having a very strong and vicious dog. If you are a strong person, you could go sit and guard your own gate every night to make sure that thieves don’t attack, but usually people wouldn’t do that. It’s not that we don’t have the ability, it’s just: why bother? You could post a dog there instead." - Alex Berzin http://www.berzinarchives.com/web/en/ar ... rs_ab.html
Triquetra of Columba

Post by Triquetra of Columba »

skittles wrote:It won't be like this forever. Eventually all crucial tasks will be automated and we'll have enough resources that there will be no purpose in trying to "hog" them.

Capitalism only serves a purpose when there isn't enough. People will get smart and put limits on populations and expand the human habitat to space and this whole way of life with wages and costs will end.
:thumbsup:

[C]reate the situation where each person may live by working freely, without being forced to sell his [or her] work and his [or her] liberty to others who accumulate wealth by the labour of their serfs. Kropotkin

Return to “Games & Humour”