Vajrayana subforums?

Offer your suggestions about how we can improve this forum to better serve our members, and tell us here about any technical problems.
Luke

Vajrayana subforums?

Post by Luke »

Now that the Vajrayana forum here is really starting to grow, perhaps it might be time to think about how to organize it into some subforums so that it would be easier to find information once it grows even bigger.

I was thinking that it might be good to have a subforum or a pinned announcement thread for upcoming teachings around the world.

I can't decide whether it would be good to have different subforums for each lineage. I like the non-sectarian feeling of unity which we have there now. Maybe there could just be general subforums like "Tibetan news and current events," "Deity yoga," "Ngondro," "Dharma talks and teachings," etc.

Perhaps other people could suggest some other categories to organize the Vajrayana forum.
retrofuturist
Former staff member

Re: Vajrayana subforums?

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings Luke,
Luke wrote:I can't decide whether it would be good to have different subforums for each lineage. I like the non-sectarian feeling of unity which we have there now.
Yes, that is a deliberate attempt to minimise sectarian disputes and encourage a focus on the commonalities of the bodhisattva path.
Luke wrote:Perhaps other people could suggest some other categories to organize the Vajrayana forum.
Yes... I'd be interested to see what other have in mind.

Metta,
Retro. :)
Live in concord, with mutual appreciation, without disputing, blending like milk and water, viewing each other with kindly eyes.
Luke

Post by Luke »

The best way might be to simply look at the posts which are already in the Vajrayana subforum and decide which general categories most of them fall under. In this way, subforums could evolve organically over time, according to what people are posting.
Ngawang Drolma
Founding Member

Post by Ngawang Drolma »

Thanks, Luke, for your good suggestions :)
We'll be sure to discuss.

Kindly,
Laura

Return to “Suggestion Box”