Non duality.

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
White Lotus

Re: Non duality.

Post by White Lotus »

if through the eyes and emotions all objects are actually seen as fundamentally the same... surely there is a seeing of non-duality/sameness.

in daily life the respect of opposites is necessary. if we ignored duality we would get ourselves in trouble. however, there is a seeing of sameness (samata/shamata), an actual seeing that comes almost as naturally as breathing. this seeing is witnessed by the feeling of sameness.

this seeing is not ordinary, nor is it remakable. when you get it, you just get it and thats that.

White Lotus.
Last edited by rose on Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Deleted content already in this thread: http://dharmawheel.net/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=3193&p=33095#p33095
in any matters of importance. dont rely on me. i may not know what i am talking about. take what i say as mere speculation. i am not ordained. nor do i have a formal training. i do believe though that if i am wrong on any point. there are those on this site who i hope will quickly point out my mistakes.
muni

Post by muni »

White Lotus, we can talk about intellectual understanding.
Thanks.
White Lotus

Post by White Lotus »

what would you say noble Muni?
in any matters of importance. dont rely on me. i may not know what i am talking about. take what i say as mere speculation. i am not ordained. nor do i have a formal training. i do believe though that if i am wrong on any point. there are those on this site who i hope will quickly point out my mistakes.
muni

Post by muni »

White Lotus wrote:what would you say noble Muni?
"Noble" muni

:tongue: It can be an example here of creating delusory personalities in our head. This is an imaginary of which we ourselves are the "victim" of in dual perception by discriminating/discriminatory thoughts.

just play.
muni

Post by muni »

TMingyur wrote:
Dexing wrote:Duality usually refers to the imagined apprehended and apprehender, which is a delusion that leads to suffering and the causes of suffering.

:namaste:
Well here exactly is the dissent because the buddha taught that it is attachment (clinging, craving, grasping) which is the problem and I prefer to agree with him because my experience does agree. No need to take an "illusionist" point of view. "Illusionism" may be grounded on subtle aversion. Neither "real" nor "illusion" may be the middle way.

Kind regards
Then we can see it so: if we believe that object is really bad or good and the one benifitting or harming as well; the attachment and aversion suffering is there. Because of making a strong separation, people see solid through ignorance. And so we build further and all what is good to us is perfect, all other need to be shooted. And so one build the narrow self cherishing world through more and more fabrications in which one turns entangled. Illusion.

Looking along dependence, impermanence; all what 'is', is infact having no any ground for our attachment and aversion. In nondual the solidnesses, the "substantial" (insubstantial) is seen what it is, no way to get attached.
Also when the conceptual mind percieves, the phenomena is already gone. What a peace now!

"There is some pleasure to be had by scratching an itch
But it is even more pleasurable to have no itches at all :smile:
Likewise there are pleasures to be bad from worldly desires
But with freedom from desire comes pleasure greater still". Nagarjuna
muni

Post by muni »

Middle way. http://www.westernbuddhistreview.com/vo ... ality.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Guru Rinpoche. http://books.google.be/books?id=FAKDhrI ... va&f=false" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBIe5D5Oqh4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”