What do you crave?

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
Luke

What do you crave?

Post by Luke »

Buddhism says that craving leads to suffering, but since we aren't yet Buddhas, we each have our cravings. What do you crave?

I crave mangos, women, the experience of lifting weights, and fascinating Dharma books.
retrofuturist
Former staff member

Re: What do you crave?

Post by retrofuturist »

Too many things... recently the main thing has been music, namely expanding my dub collection.

Metta,
Retro. :)
Live in concord, with mutual appreciation, without disputing, blending like milk and water, viewing each other with kindly eyes.
Chaz

Post by Chaz »

Luke wrote:Buddhism says that craving leads to suffering, but since we aren't yet Buddhas, we each have our cravings. What do you crave?
Tobacco, nicotine.
Dorje Shedrub

Post by Dorje Shedrub »

I seem to be craving intimacy lately, along with dark chocolate.
Homage to the Precious Dzogchen Master
🙏🌺🙏 Chögyal Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche
🙏🌺🙏
ground

Post by ground »

Seclusion.

Kind regards
hungryghost

Post by hungryghost »

retrofuturist wrote:Too many things... recently the main thing has been music, namely expanding my dub collection.

Metta,
Retro. :)
Hah..when I read the OP the first thing that popped up was 'reggae music'...including a mess of dub...
also, dharma books, coffee
Sometimes I crave zazen. Sometimes I hate it!!
Seclusion yes...I also find myself craving that.
Laurazen

Post by Laurazen »

I crave so much. Like Mick Jaggar and Keith Richards said, I really crave satisfaction.

Satisfaction via:

smokes
chocolate
intimacy
laughter
love
amusement
beauty
pride
dreams

And on and on. I think I could write a whole lot about the things I crave, but the tiniest moments sitting in meditation, when you let the moments pass without needing a thing, that's where true satisfaction is probably hiding.

In the meantime though, I have my Marlboros and diet coke. It will do for the moment :)
BFS

Post by BFS »

uninterrupted peace and quiet
pink_trike

Post by pink_trike »

Lately I've been craving lush green natural environments - I guess the mind is bored with the desert right now.
Clueless Git

Post by Clueless Git »

Luke wrote: What do you crave?
Interesting topic idea Luke! :thumbsup:

Currently I am craving one thing more than anything I have ever craved before in my life; Harmony in my home.

The bit in the Dhammapada that goes along the lines of "for a while the fools mischeif tastes sweet, as sweet as honey. But in time, like honey, the fools mischeif will turn bitter and then how bitterly the fool will suffer .." is permanently on my mind.

That and the bit where the buddha said summat like "a man would to place his 'member' into the mouth of a venomous serpent or into the red hot coals of a fire than to let it enter a woman".

Sometimes methinks that the buddha had encountered (in one of her previous lifetimes, mayhaps?) the charming ex-Missus Git.

Return to “Lounge”