Winter teachings with Garchen Rinpoche

Palzang Jangchub

Re: Winter teachings with Garchen Rinpoche

Post by Palzang Jangchub »

25 minutes and counting until the webcast goes live...

"The Sutras, Tantras, and Philosophical Scriptures are great in number. However life is short, and intelligence is limited, so it's hard to cover them completely. You may know a lot, but if you don't put it into practice, it's like dying of thirst on the shore of a great lake. Likewise, a common corpse is found in the bed of a great scholar." ~ Karma Chagme

དྲིན་ཆེན་རྩ་བའི་བླ་མ་སྐྱབས་རྗེ་མགར་ཆེན་ཁྲི་སྤྲུལ་རིན་པོ་ཆེ་ཁྱེད་མཁྱེན་ནོ།།
རྗེ་བཙུན་བླ་མ་མཁས་གྲུབ་ཀརྨ་ཆགས་མེད་མཁྱེན་ནོ། ཀརྨ་པ་མཁྱེན་ནོཿ
Palzang Jangchub

Ustream has begun showing ads that interrupt the livestream every 20 minutes or so. Obviously this is troublesome since it may cause viewers to miss some of the teachings and empowerment instructions. Here's how to get rid of ads, for your convenience (you can either pay to view ad free directly through Ustream, or you can install an ad removal extension to your browser):

http://www.wikihow.com/Remove-Ads-on-Ustream

"The Sutras, Tantras, and Philosophical Scriptures are great in number. However life is short, and intelligence is limited, so it's hard to cover them completely. You may know a lot, but if you don't put it into practice, it's like dying of thirst on the shore of a great lake. Likewise, a common corpse is found in the bed of a great scholar." ~ Karma Chagme

Losal Samten

Post by Losal Samten »

Lacking mindfulness, we commit every wrong. - Nyoshul Khen Rinpoche
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔
ཨོཾ་ཧ་ནུ་པྷ་ཤ་བྷ་ར་ཧེ་ཡེ་སྭཱ་ཧཱ།།
ཨཱོཾ་མ་ཏྲི་མུ་ཡེ་སལེ་འདུ།།
amanitamusc

Post by amanitamusc »

Lhasa wrote:http://www.ustream.tv/channel/eMg77mH49K6
Link for webcast.

This years winter teachings will include a group practice of Peaceful Manjushri on:

December 31st: 7am-8am & 7pm-8pm
January 1st: 7am-8am & 7pm-8pm

We will live stream the 7am-8am sessions.
Not able to connect to this link this morning.Is there another link?
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

amanitamusc wrote:
Link for webcast.

This years winter teachings will include a group practice of Peaceful Manjushri on:

December 31st: 7am-8am & 7pm-8pm
January 1st: 7am-8am & 7pm-8pm

We will live stream the 7am-8am sessions.
They are not live-streaming yet this morning. They mentioned a schedule change yesterday but no details. I've written and asked them to post changes in the chat room and facebook. If they go live later this am, I'll post it here. That is the only link I know of.
Palzang Jangchub

amanitamusc wrote:
Link for webcast.
Link works fine for me, the channel is simply offline now. Not sure why, as the group practice should be webcast currently. Perhaps they forgot or there were technical difficulties. I didn't catch the announcement of a schedule change that Lhasa mentions, but that seems the most likely reason.

If the above link doesn't work for you for some odd reason, try closing out your browser and opening a new one. If all else fails, you can reboot your computer. There's also the alternate link mentioned on Garchen.net,
http://ustre.am/1uVg1

Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

They wrote back and said the schedule change was a wrong announcement. I had asked them to post changes in the chatroom and on facebook. I wrote back and told them there was no livestream of practice this am.
No response so far.
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

live stream is live
amanitamusc

Post by amanitamusc »

As of now no clean connection.
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

amanitamusc wrote:As of now no clean connection.
live stream is up
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

They live-streamed this evenings Manjushri practice, which wasn't on the schedule.
Yamantaka practice is live-streamed in the morning, you might want to check 7pm tomorrow evening
to see if that session is live-streamed.
Palzang Jangchub

UPDATE: Winter teachings with Garchen Rinpoche

Due to many students asking practice and empowerment-related questions, it was just announced that from today until the 2nd to last day (Jan 8) of the Winter Teachings, Lama Tenzin will be doing Q&A @ 1:30 p.m. (local AZ time). That translates to 3:30 p.m. for those on EST.

For instance, Lama Tenzin will explain the meanings of where the flower stick fell on the mandala, as many are curious about this since it wasn't explained during the empowerment. With any luck, these Q&A sessions will be webcast, too!

Palzang Jangchub

Q&A sessions with Lama Tenzin are being webcast. They've now started @ 1:00 p.m. (3:00 p.m. EST) to accommodate the amount of questions students have.

In other news, some folks on the Ustream chat were curious about whether people attending the Yamantaka Wangchen via webcast will also receive a secret name like those in person. An email has been sent to GBI, and I'll report back with their response when I have it.

karlinsj

Post by karlinsj »

I just watched the Tsewang Dzinpa empowerment. I have a couple questions, any help appreciated (and I can contact Garchen Institute if that's the best way).

There's a text available on the Buddha visions website. Is this the text for this practice?

The mantra seems the same as another form of Guru Rinpoche. Which form is Tsewang Dzinpa?

thanks

Jake
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

The Buddha visions text is not the one they gave lung for today. GBI has that short text.

karlinsj wrote:I just watched the Tsewang Dzinpa empowerment. I have a couple questions, any help appreciated (and I can contact Garchen Institute if that's the best way).

There's a text available on the Buddha visions website. Is this the text for this practice?

The mantra seems the same as another form of Guru Rinpoche. Which form is Tsewang Dzinpa?

thanks

Jake
karlinsj

Post by karlinsj »

Ok. I received an image of Tsewang Dzinpa. I didn't get a reply from the institute about the text. The one on the website is interesting, but not short and fairly elaborate. It requires use of offering torma and some stuff I'm not familiar with, if I could do a simple sadhana that would be nice. Any suggestions for tracking down the shorter sadhana?
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

GBI is very short staffed, like 3-4 people and it's the first day after the teachings. Emails are probably low on the to-do list. Try going through the webstore contact page and ask if they have pdf or would mail the short sadhana to you for a donation.
karlinsj

Post by karlinsj »

I just emailed them and got a quick reply. They are sending the short sadhana. All is well. Thanks

Jake
Palzang Jangchub

karlinsj

Post by karlinsj »

I watched the empowerment for Tsewang Dzinpa, and asked Garchen Institute to send me the short sadhana. I'm not sure if they have, it's been a little while. Does anyone have a copy they can send me (via photos or whatnot)?

thanks

Jake

Return to “Kagyu”