Bön Ngöndro Free online course

Discussion of the fifth religious tradition of Tibet.
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Bön Ngöndro Free online course

Post by Könchok Thrinley »

Hello,

just wanted to share an event. Chaphur rinpoche will be giving teachings on bön ngöndro and it will be via webcast.

Here is the link http://gyalshen.org/ngondro-practice-online/

Also I would like to ask about Chapthur rinpoche, does anybody here follow his teachings? I would like to know if you would recommend him as a teacher, he seems to be quite charming and interesting teacher and I am interested in following this teachings.

Also I would like to ask on the ngöndro. Does anybody know where the text can be bought? Or could someone tell me more into detail about bön ngöndro as it seems slightly different from other ngöndros. :)
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

For those who do virtuous actions,
goodness is what comes to pass.
For those who do non-virtuous actions,
that becomes suffering indeed.

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
dzogchungpa

Re: Bön Ngöndro Free online course

Post by dzogchungpa »

Shouldn't it be 'Böndro'?

jk

Geshe Chaphur's place is quite close to where I live. I have not yet received teachings from him, but I am hoping to do so soon. My impression, based on several things, is that he is a reputable Bon lama, but I am not an expert on Bon. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable can comment.
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Miroku wrote:Hello,

just wanted to share an event. Chaphur rinpoche will be giving teachings on bön ngöndro and it will be via webcast.

Here is the link http://gyalshen.org/ngondro-practice-online/

Also I would like to ask about Chapthur rinpoche, does anybody here follow his teachings? I would like to know if you would recommend him as a teacher, he seems to be quite charming and interesting teacher and I am interested in following this teachings.

Also I would like to ask on the ngöndro. Does anybody know where the text can be bought? Or could someone tell me more into detail about bön ngöndro as it seems slightly different from other ngöndros. :)

I have met Chapur Rinpoche, and he is a very nice person.

Bon ngondro is basically the same as any other ngondro. No difference at all really.
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

Malcolm wrote:Bon ngondro is basically the same as any other ngondro. No difference at all really.
I'm kind of interested in their 100 syllable mantra, which doesn't seem to have anything to do with the Vajrasattva mantra. Does anyone know anything about its origins? I don't want to assume it was just done in imitation of the Buddhist mantra, but it seems like an odd coincidence.
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche
cloudburst

Post by cloudburst »

dzogchungpa wrote:Shouldn't it be 'Böndro'?

jk

Geshe Chaphur's place is quite close to where I live. I have not yet received teachings from him, but I am hoping to do so soon. My impression, based on several things, is that he is a reputable Bon lama, but I am not an expert on Bon. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable can comment.

bongdro
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Post by Könchok Thrinley »

Hah I shall go with böndro from now on just for the sake of the the pun (yes puns are my sweet spot). :D

Hmmm well since it seems to be just like any other ngöndro I think it might be good for me. Although I knw I have received more precious teachings from ChNN I think böndro might do me good. :) Although memorizing the "new" 100 syllable mantra might be a pain in the ... well butt.
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

For those who do virtuous actions,
goodness is what comes to pass.
For those who do non-virtuous actions,
that becomes suffering indeed.

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Post by Johnny Dangerous »

I'm curious about the 100 Syllable mantra too, is it a specific deity, Shenla Okar etc.?
Meditate upon Bodhicitta when afflicted by disease

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when sad

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when suffering occurs

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when you are scared

-Khunu Lama
lelopa

Post by lelopa »

Johnny Dangerous wrote:I'm curious about the 100 Syllable mantra too, is it a specific deity, Shenla Okar etc.?

My short Nondro-Sadhana says: 100 syllable mantra with the root syllables of Nampar Gyalwa with retinue...
f.e.: one line of this Mantra is Shenrab Miwo's name-mantra in Zhang-Zhung language.
Lost In Transmission
kalden yungdrung

Post by kalden yungdrung »

Johnny Dangerous wrote:I'm curious about the 100 Syllable mantra too, is it a specific deity, Shenla Okar etc.?

Look also here:
https://dharmawheel.net/viewtopic.php?f=78&t=25993
The best meditation is no meditation
kalden yungdrung

Post by kalden yungdrung »

dzogchungpa wrote:Shouldn't it be 'Böndro'?

jk

Geshe Chapur is a confident Geshela and is qualified to give teachings. He is a very kind person. Further his English is very good to follow.

Geshe Chaphur was born in Amdo Ngaba in Eastern Tibet. As a young boy he was recognized as the reincarnation of a great master Chaphur Phuntsok Wangyal Rinpoche by His Eminence Bon-Gya Rinpoche and other high lamas.
Geshela belongs to the Chaphur lineage which is one of the oldest and most important of the Bön lama lineages.

https://gyalshen.org/about-us/linage/
The best meditation is no meditation
Tolya M

Post by Tolya M »

The big request not to cancel webcasts next time ) (Yes I believe in the lung-transmission in vajrayana teachings). It's not very pleasant to wait until 5 am for the sake of an empty screen :anjali: Thank you!
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

Tolya M wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:12 pm The big request not to cancel webcasts next time ) (Yes I believe in the lung-transmission in vajrayana teachings). It's not very pleasant to wait until 5 am for the sake of an empty screen :anjali: Thank you!
Are you on their mailing list? They always notify when the schedule changes, tho some things just happen.
https://gyalshen.org/rsvp/
Tolya M

Post by Tolya M »

I hope I'm on this list for there are nine e-mails about ngondo but the zoom link was only one (???). Maybe there is something wrong with mail :?
Attachments
ngon do.jpg
ngon do.jpg (59.78 KiB) Viewed 3079 times
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

Reply to Gabriel's email and explain what's happening. Are you attending the Saturday teachings for Dec.? Those won't start until Dec.16th and Dec.23rd. They are going to zoom the five day retreat starting Dec. 27th.
[email protected]
Tolya M

Post by Tolya M »

Oh, I see! Great )
Every Saturday Rinpoche will give teachings via zoom on the generation and completion stages of Takla Mebar practice, and their relation to tantric practice in the larger Bön Buddhist context. Students will be encouraged to practice their own retreat on the deity, accumulating mantras, and engaging in other Takla Mebar practices. At the conclusion of Rinpoche’s personal retreat, he will lead a five day teaching and practice retreat at Gyalshen Institute. There he will also give the tantric empowerment for Takla Mebar.
Zoom sessions – will be on Saturday, December 16th and Saturday, December 23rd from 9-10 am. You will also be able to attend the 5 day retreat by Zoom on December 27th-31st.

Return to “Bön”