Hi.

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.
Nacho

Hi.

Post by Nacho »

Hi there. You can call me Nacho, or Mike if you prefer. I'm currently 18, and I'm finishing up my first year of college. I've recently becoming interested in Buddhism, and I'd love to learn more about it.

I was raised in a Christian family. Although my family was never big on going to church. In fact, the only time I've gone to church is when I slept over a friend's house in elementary school. I was never religious. It just didn't appeal to me in my younger years. However, when I began high school, I felt the need for something more. I wasn't into Christianity, and so I made up my own beliefs. These satisfied me for a while, until I eventually gave up on them.

Three or four years ago, on one of the forums I visited, someone mentioned lucid dreaming. It fascinated me. I soon began practicing it. I had a few lucid dreams before school work got the best of me. I was getting too stressed out and my sleep schedule wasn't the greatest. I soon forgot about it for a while.

When I began researching lucid dreaming again, I ended up researching a lot more. One thing led to another, and I stumbled upon paganism. After reading it, I finally had a word to put to the beliefs I had had before.

Once again schoolwork got the best of me, and I forgot about it for a while. My junior year I wrote an essay on it. My interest got renewed. The last two years of high school, and this past year were like that. My interest was on and off. Now that summer vacation is drawing close, I wanted to return to lucid dreaming. While reading around a bit I stumbled upon a thread on dream yoga. I began looking into it. From there I stumbled into Buddhism.

I kind of felt like my life had come full circle from when I first began this journey of researching years ago.

So here I am. I've been reading abit, and a lot of the terminology is still a bit confusing. However I'm finding it pretty interesting so far.

Well... That was a bit more than I expected. And it took a bit too... Oh well. Once again, hi there.
rose
Site Admin

Re: Hi.

Post by rose »

Hi Nacho, :smile:

Welcome to Dharma Wheel.

Regards,
rt
Dechen Norbu

Post by Dechen Norbu »

Welcome! :smile:

Here's a reading recommendation. It goes way beyond lucid dreaming, but maybe you'll find it interesting.

http://www.amazon.com/Dream-Practice-Na ... 39-2813431" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You can look inside it in amazon.
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

I LOVE nachos!
Welcome!
:namaste:
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
Madeliaette
Location: Currently in Sussex, England. Formerly in Wollongong, Australia.

Post by Madeliaette »

Hi - I would also recommend that very book as mentioned above - which incidentally, I just finished reading a few days ago! :namaste:
Nacho

Post by Nacho »

Hello everyone.
Dechen Norbu wrote:Welcome! :smile:

Here's a reading recommendation. It goes way beyond lucid dreaming, but maybe you'll find it interesting.

http://www.amazon.com/Dream-Practice-Na ... 39-2813431" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You can look inside it in amazon.
Thank you for the link. From what I read last night it looks very good. That's exactly what caught my attention.
gregkavarnos wrote:I LOVE nachos!
Welcome!
:namaste:
Me too!
Heruka

Post by Heruka »

hi.

Return to “Introductions”