Khenchen Tsultrim Lodro, Anam Thubten, Jack Kornfield, Sharon Salzberg, Norman Fischer - Panel Discussion Berkeley Aug 1

dzogchungpa

Khenchen Tsultrim Lodro, Anam Thubten, Jack Kornfield, Sharon Salzberg, Norman Fischer - Panel Discussion Berkeley Aug 1

Post by dzogchungpa »

There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche
dzogchungpa

Re: Khenchen Tsultrim Lodro, Anam Thubten, Jack Kornfield, Sharon Salzberg, Norman Fischer - Panel Discussion Berkeley A

Post by dzogchungpa »

Some video from the event can be seen here:
https://www.facebook.com/pg/theabhayafellowship/videos/
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche
Anonymous X

Re: Khenchen Tsultrim Lodro, Anam Thubten, Jack Kornfield, Sharon Salzberg, Norman Fischer - Panel Discussion Berkeley A

Post by Anonymous X »

dzogchungpa wrote:Some video from the event can be seen here:
https://www.facebook.com/pg/theabhayafellowship/videos/
A nice collective chat. The translator for Rinpoche should be highly praised. She was very immediate and fluid in her translation of Rinpoche's words. An interesting skill that did not go unnoticed. She got no recognition for her role in the notes or program.
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

Anonymous X wrote:A nice collective chat. The translator for Rinpoche should be highly praised. She was very immediate and fluid in her translation of Rinpoche's words. An interesting skill that did not go unnoticed. She got no recognition for her role in the notes or program.
She is really remarkable. She translates for KTLR from both Chinese and Tibetan. Actually Wes Nisker, the moderator, remarked upon what a wonderful job she was doing and asked her to introduce herself as you can see at the very end of this video. She introduced herself as follows: "My name is Catherine Hardie and I come from Australia and I am Khenpo's translator." :smile:

I believe she is currently a grad student at Oxford. This page has a description of some of her background as of 2012.
Anonymous X

Post by Anonymous X »

dzogchungpa wrote:
Anonymous X wrote:A nice collective chat. The translator for Rinpoche should be highly praised. She was very immediate and fluid in her translation of Rinpoche's words. An interesting skill that did not go unnoticed. She got no recognition for her role in the notes or program.
She is really remarkable. She translates for KTLR from both Chinese and Tibetan. Actually Wes Nisker, the moderator, remarked upon what a wonderful job she was doing and asked her to introduce herself as you can see at the very end of this video. She introduced herself as follows: "My name is Catherine Hardie and I come from Australia and I am Khenpo's translator." :smile:

I believe she is currently a grad student at Oxford. This page has a description of some of her background as of 2012.
Thanks for that. The video I watched was in pieces and I missed this part.

Return to “North America (USA & Canada)”