enabling editing for a longer period of time

Offer your suggestions about how we can improve this forum to better serve our members, and tell us here about any technical problems.
floatingbubbles07

enabling editing for a longer period of time

Post by floatingbubbles07 »

I've had this problem quite a few times before: I make a post and then forget about certain points, but when I want to edit the post and add them in, or change the way I said something to make it more clear, the edit button is gone. This is something I typically do, so it would be nice to leave the edit button there without removing it, or at least have it there for a longer period of time, like a day or two
Ayu
Global Moderator

Re: enabling editing for a longer period of time

Post by Ayu »

floatingbubbles07 wrote:I've had this problem quite a few times before: I make a post and then forget about certain points, but when I want to edit the post and add them in, or change the way I said something to make it more clear, the edit button is gone. This is something I typically do, so it would be nice to leave the edit button there without removing it, or at least have it there for a longer period of time, like a day or two
There is a reason for this time limit of one hour for editing. I think, it has more advantages to keep it like it is.
You could write a second post and explain what you forgot to tell in the first one.
Grigoris
Former staff member

Re: enabling editing for a longer period of time

Post by Grigoris »

One hour is more than enough. If you leave a longer period people will take advantage of this to delete and change reported posts (for example).
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde

Return to “Suggestion Box”