Worldwide Transmission 13th Nov

Toenail

Worldwide Transmission 13th Nov

Post by Toenail »

http://melong.com/events_listing/worldw ... r-13-2017/

Hello,

I want to meet Norbu Rinpoche at least once in person. My question is, is it possible to attend Rinpoches transmission on this day in person? I know the retreats etc that are on the webcast can always be visited in person, is this possible on this date?
Aryjna

Re: Worldwide Transmission 13th Nov

Post by Aryjna »

That is what I wanted to know too. I emailed Merigar and, though the answer was not very clear, I think it is possible, but things are still uncertain about where it is going to take place, probably Dzamlinggar.
TaTa

Post by TaTa »

Which practice is this? Can someone pm me the practice and explanation?
Josef

Post by Josef »

TaTa wrote:Which practice is this? Can someone pm me the practice and explanation?
It's a Guru Yoga practice of Padmasambhava.
Do you have the Guru Yoga book?
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
TaTa

Post by TaTa »

no, but i have recived DI in person and Garab Dorje aniversary. Are there explanation available? Im not financially avaialble to buy books at the moment
Aryjna

Post by Aryjna »

TaTa wrote:no, but i have recived DI in person and Garab Dorje aniversary. Are there explanation available? Im not financially avaialble to buy books at the moment
The explanations of how to practice it and what to do while receiving it are in the Guruyoga book.

If you cannot afford to buy the book, maybe you can email your nearest DC, or one of the main Gars. Maybe they will send you the explanation if you explain that you cannot buy the book at the moment.
Pema Yolo

Post by Pema Yolo »

Toenail wrote: I want to meet Norbu Rinpoche at least once in person. My question is, is it possible to attend Rinpoches transmission on this day in person? I know the retreats etc that are on the webcast can always be visited in person, is this possible on this date?
Aryjna wrote:That is what I wanted to know too. I emailed Merigar and, though the answer was not very clear, I think it is possible, but things are still uncertain about where it is going to take place, probably Dzamlinggar.
I was in the same spot last year for the November anniversary too. I could not get any clear answers from anyone, and Dazmling Gar didn't respond to my email until after the transmission was over (they were understandably very busy). So I just decided to go for it and see what happened. Yes, you can attend the transmission in person. It will almost certainly be in Dzamling Gar. Rinpoche is there now, and that is where he spends the Winter. Just show up and introduce yourself to someone and people will help you. It's a wonderful place and you will have an amazing time! Maybe show up a day or two early. They will organize an explanation I think for people who are new. If you have any questions I will do my best to answer them for you.
Pema Yolo

Post by Pema Yolo »

TaTa wrote:no, but i have recived DI in person and Garab Dorje aniversary. Are there explanation available? Im not financially avaialble to buy books at the moment

PM me your email address and I'll send you the pdf for the Adzom Drugpa transmission.
Aryjna

Post by Aryjna »

Pema Yolo wrote: I was in the same spot last year for the November anniversary too. I could not get any clear answers from anyone, and Dazmling Gar didn't respond to my email until after the transmission was over (they were understandably very busy). So I just decided to go for it and see what happened. Yes, you can attend the transmission in person. It will almost certainly be in Dzamling Gar. Rinpoche is there now, and that is where he spends the Winter. Just show up and introduce yourself to someone and people will help you. It's a wonderful place and you will have an amazing time! Maybe show up a day or two early. They will organize an explanation I think for people who are new. If you have any questions I will do my best to answer them for you.
Thanks. I will also give them a call I think before booking the tickets to make sure that there is not going to be a change in plans, maybe sometime in October.

Return to “Dzogchen”