Where is this Sutra?

General forum on the teachings of all schools of Mahayana and Vajrayana Buddhism. Topics specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
Tenma

Where is this Sutra?

Post by Tenma »

Hi, I am trying to find an English copy of the Mahesvara Devaraja Abhijna Upapaduka Saraswati Sadhana. So far, Sea Translate had it until all of the sudden, its link is private. Is there any way to access this sutra? Also, if possible, does anyone know what the mudras they describe look like?
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔
Ayu
Global Moderator

Re: Where is this Sutra?

Post by Ayu »

Tenma wrote:Hi, I am trying to find an English copy of the Mahesvara Devaraja Abhijna Upapaduka Saraswati Sadhana. So far, Sea Translate had it until all of the sudden, its link is private.
Wonder why?
How about asking a teacher for it?
Kaung

Post by Kaung »

I think you'd need to contact a tendai or shingon or some sort of hanmi lineage master for that.I don't think they'd be very willing.As far as I know,it's from taisho tripitaka,so they might know it.
crazy-man

Post by crazy-man »

russian version
T21n1280 Mahesvara Devaraja Abhijna Upapaduka Saraswati Sadhana
http://www.surajamrita.com/buddhism/Rit ... i_Rus.docx
https://yadi.sk/i/dAlnheWf3JN3n8

http://seatranslate.blogspot.com/2015/0 ... dhana.html
(Collection of Chinese to English translation works on Kriya Yoga rituals. Articles here are paid for but open for viewing and improvement purposes)
Norwegian

Post by Norwegian »

Tenma wrote:Hi, I am trying to find an English copy of the Mahesvara Devaraja Abhijna Upapaduka Saraswati Sadhana. So far, Sea Translate had it until all of the sudden, its link is private. Is there any way to access this sutra? Also, if possible, does anyone know what the mudras they describe look like?
Ask a qualified teacher.

You really need to stop this idea you have that you can practice Tantra on your own without a teacher.
Tenma

Post by Tenma »

Norwegian wrote:
Tenma wrote:Hi, I am trying to find an English copy of the Mahesvara Devaraja Abhijna Upapaduka Saraswati Sadhana. So far, Sea Translate had it until all of the sudden, its link is private. Is there any way to access this sutra? Also, if possible, does anyone know what the mudras they describe look like?
Ask a qualified teacher.

You really need to stop this idea you have that you can practice Tantra on your own without a teacher.
If that's the case, how in the world is this a sutra? I thought sutras were fine to practice! Are there reserved sutras?
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔
Norwegian

Post by Norwegian »

Tenma wrote:
Norwegian wrote:
Ask a qualified teacher.

If that's the case, how in the world is this a sutra? I thought sutras were fine to practice! Are there reserved sutras?
This is not a Sutra. The title very clearly states it's a Sadhana. And it belongs to Lower Tantra. You need a teacher for this. Just like you need a teacher for anything really. You cannot just practice these things on your own. If you do, you will cultivate nothing but wrong view and negative karma.
Tenma

Post by Tenma »

Norwegian wrote:
Tenma wrote:
Norwegian wrote: Ask a qualified teacher.

This is not a Sutra. The title very clearly states it's a Sadhana. And it belongs to Lower Tantra. You need a teacher for this. Just like you need a teacher for anything really. You cannot just practice these things on your own. If you do, you will cultivate nothing but wrong view and negative karma.
Wait, I thought Lower Tantras were safe? And also, why in the world is this sadhana written like a sutra such as the Golden Light Sutra(see chapter 8 for example). Aren't Lower Tantras more of the safer deities like Tara, Chenrezig, Padmasambhava, Manjushri, etc.?
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

Return to “Mahāyāna Buddhism”