WEBCAST: The nineteen pith instructions of mahamudra

Here we can publicise upcoming dharma events (talks, retreats, webcasts, etc).
Post Reply
User avatar
Sennin
Posts: 665
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:19 am

WEBCAST: The nineteen pith instructions of mahamudra

Post by Sennin » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:19 pm

https://youtu.be/J_tkyZ3otfw


The Indian mahasiddha Saraha is widely known as the first human teacher of Mahamudra. The Mahamudra teachings point out the direct nature of the mind that is the basis of the entire universe and beings within it. The 19 Pith instructions of Saraha come from the inner Profound Dharma collection of Jigten Sumgon, the founder of the Drikung Kagyu Lineage. Khenpo Tenzin will explain the essential teachings of the mahamudra instruction as taught by Saraha and lead a short meditation session and Q&A period each day.

Live Streaming Schedule:


September 16th & 17th, 2017
10:00 am - Noon & 2:OO - 5:OO pm
Morning & Afternoon Teaching Sessions
Thus, there is not a single one who has entered into this teaching who fails to attain buddhahood.

User avatar
Sennin
Posts: 665
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:19 am

Re: WEBCAST: The nineteen pith instructions of mahamudra

Post by Sennin » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:05 pm

https://youtu.be/oaQc-9SwcoA
I guess they decided not to webcast it, oh well; sorry for the misinformation.
Thus, there is not a single one who has entered into this teaching who fails to attain buddhahood.


User avatar
Sennin
Posts: 665
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:19 am

Re: WEBCAST: The nineteen pith instructions of mahamudra

Post by Sennin » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:26 pm

Ah, yes I was just about to post the link.
Thus, there is not a single one who has entered into this teaching who fails to attain buddhahood.

User avatar
anjali
Global Moderator
Posts: 1478
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:33 pm

Re: WEBCAST: The nineteen pith instructions of mahamudra

Post by anjali » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:55 pm

Here is an English translation of the The Nineteen Pith Instructions of the Great Master Saraha.
Image

Dharma Wheel Terms of Service and Reporting Procedures.
Wherever there is a human being, there is an opportunity for kindness. –-Seneca

User avatar
Grigoris
Global Moderator
Posts: 17657
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 9:27 pm
Location: Greece

Re: WEBCAST: The nineteen pith instructions of mahamudra

Post by Grigoris » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:05 pm

Did Rinpoche give a lung for the text? I connected to the original link, found nothing and left. :(
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde

Lhasa
Posts: 1064
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:51 am

Re: WEBCAST: The nineteen pith instructions of mahamudra

Post by Lhasa » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:12 pm

Grigoris wrote:Did Rinpoche give a lung for the text? I connected to the original link, found nothing and left. :(
I don't know, I was late too. I emailed them and asked and asked if he would do it again if he has.

amanitamusc
Posts: 1270
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:32 am

Re: WEBCAST: The nineteen pith instructions of mahamudra

Post by amanitamusc » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:36 pm

It is not streaming and according to the schedule there should be about a half hour left till noon.

Was it ever working for anyone?

Lhasa
Posts: 1064
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:51 am

Re: WEBCAST: The nineteen pith instructions of mahamudra

Post by Lhasa » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:42 pm

amanitamusc wrote:It is not streaming and according to the schedule there should be about a half hour left till noon.

Was it ever working for anyone?
https://www.facebook.com/pg/DrikungSeat ... e_internal

User avatar
Sennin
Posts: 665
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:19 am

Re: WEBCAST: The nineteen pith instructions of mahamudra

Post by Sennin » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:36 pm

First he started off setting the motivation, then he gave a brief history of the life of Saraha.
Next he began by reading in Tibetan "lung" each pith instruction; one by one, followed by his translation into English and his oral commentary.
At the break Khenpo was up to the fifth (5th) pith instructions.
Thus, there is not a single one who has entered into this teaching who fails to attain buddhahood.

Lhasa
Posts: 1064
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:51 am

Re: WEBCAST: The nineteen pith instructions of mahamudra

Post by Lhasa » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:39 pm

KrisW wrote:First he started off setting the motivation, then he gave a brief history of the life of Saraha.
Next he began by reading in Tibetan "lung" each pith instruction; one by one, followed by his translation into English and his oral commentary.
At the break Khenpo was up to the fifth (5th) pith instructions.
Their email said that Khenpo said lung wasn't needed for this teaching.

User avatar
Grigoris
Global Moderator
Posts: 17657
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 9:27 pm
Location: Greece

Re: WEBCAST: The nineteen pith instructions of mahamudra

Post by Grigoris » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:45 pm

Lhasa wrote:
KrisW wrote:First he started off setting the motivation, then he gave a brief history of the life of Saraha.
Next he began by reading in Tibetan "lung" each pith instruction; one by one, followed by his translation into English and his oral commentary.
At the break Khenpo was up to the fifth (5th) pith instructions.
Their email said that Khenpo said lung wasn't needed for this teaching.
Really??? Fair enough. I am sure he knows better than we do. :smile:
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde

User avatar
Sennin
Posts: 665
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:19 am

Re: WEBCAST: The nineteen pith instructions of mahamudra

Post by Sennin » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:13 pm

Grigoris wrote:
Lhasa wrote:
KrisW wrote:First he started off setting the motivation, then he gave a brief history of the life of Saraha.
Next he began by reading in Tibetan "lung" each pith instruction; one by one, followed by his translation into English and his oral commentary.
At the break Khenpo was up to the fifth (5th) pith instructions.
Their email said that Khenpo said lung wasn't needed for this teaching.
Really??? Fair enough. I am sure he knows better than we do. :smile:
Awesome!
Although I'm curious if we still are receiving the lung because he is reading the source text :thinking: .
Anyway it doesn't really matter because i'm not trying to accumulate 'lung' transmission, just wanting to hear dharma teachings. ;)
Thus, there is not a single one who has entered into this teaching who fails to attain buddhahood.

Post Reply

Return to “Dharma Events”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests