Accepting Pure Land

doublerepukken

Accepting Pure Land

Post by doublerepukken »

Hey Everyone,

I had a wonderful revelation today. During nembutsu, I felt my mind and body 'shift' towards something that I hadn't experienced before. Something just clicked and I instantly accepted the teachings of the Pure Land (specifically Jodo Shinshu) on like, what I can best describe as a gut level. I can't really describe what happened, but suddenly everything just sort of made sense. Even though I still have doubts in my mind, It felt like I 'leveled up' or something lol, perhaps Amida's light was shining on me just a little brighter than usual today. Afterwards, I felt a spring in my step and I ate entirely vegetarian today and plan to from now on out of gratitude to Amida. I tried my best to be genuine and not lie, or even think bad thoughts which, being the extremely negative and easily-annoyed human being I am, surprised myself. I think the practice is starting to work !!! :twothumbsup: I wanted to thank everyone for their help, especially you, Admin_PC. I didn't before, but after today I feel confident that I am on the right path, and I'm really starting to feel Amida in my life :smile:

:namaste:
doublerepukken

Re: Accepting Pure Land

Post by doublerepukken »

sorry if this post was naïve and/or improper for the forum lol... just had a sense of joy that was quite acute at the time. Namu Amida Butsu!
shaunc

Post by shaunc »

It's great to hear that everything is working out for you.
明安 Myoan
Former staff member

Post by 明安 Myoan »

It's a wonderful feeling to be freed from the nagging of doubt and feel set on the path. If I could make a recommendation, write about your feelings, thoughts, experiences while you feel this way. It may help in the future, as your practice develops, to remember and read these things in your own words.
Namu Amida Butsu
steveb1

Post by steveb1 »

doublerepukken wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:15 pm sorry if this post was naïve and/or improper for the forum lol... just had a sense of joy that was quite acute at the time. Namu Amida Butsu!
No worries! And thanks much for sharing your experience.
Namo Amida Butsu.

Return to “Pure Land”