Long term practice oppurtunity?

DannyDevitoFan

Long term practice oppurtunity?

Post by DannyDevitoFan »

I am a college student in America currently practicing the Dudjom tersar ngondro. Beginning in the winter, I am planning on taking a leave of absence from school; I have no plans to return any time soon. For the time being, I would like to make Vajrayana practice the focus of my life. Does any one know of any opportunities to study at (preferably) Nyingma centers in exchange for volunteer work or for that matter any other opportunities for long term Nyingma retreat? If possible a center in Dudjom rinpoche's lineage would be ideal, but I am open to other Nyingma centers, and for that matter, also Kagyu, Gelug, Sakya and Bon centers if there are no Nyingma centers that fit the criteria. I would also like to stay at said center for a year or longer. If this topic has already been discussed please direct me to the old thread.
jkarlins

Re: Long term practice oppurtunity?

Post by jkarlins »

Hmmm don't know- Tarthang Tulku's main center in California does something like this, I think.

Basically, if you're serious about it, try contacting them. Make some calls. Then maybe visit first before committing. Or just do it. I do that, but then the consequences can be painful.

Jake
Kris

Post by Kris »

I'm considering doing something similar after I complete my courses this fall semester.
I am particularly interested in Tara Mandala.
Hope this is useful.

http://nyingmainstitute.com/volunteer/
https://www.coolworks.com/nyingma-buddh ... dy/profile
https://taramandala.org/about/living-dh ... r-program/
The profound path of the master.
-- Virūpa, Vajra Lines
Inge

Post by Inge »

csmorg96 wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:51 am I am a college student in America currently practicing the Dudjom tersar ngondro. Beginning in the winter, I am planning on taking a leave of absence from school; I have no plans to return any time soon. For the time being, I would like to make Vajrayana practice the focus of my life. Does any one know of any opportunities to study at (preferably) Nyingma centers in exchange for volunteer work or for that matter any other opportunities for long term Nyingma retreat? If possible a center in Dudjom rinpoche's lineage would be ideal, but I am open to other Nyingma centers, and for that matter, also Kagyu, Gelug, Sakya and Bon centers if there are no Nyingma centers that fit the criteria. I would also like to stay at said center for a year or longer. If this topic has already been discussed please direct me to the old thread.

Dear Vajra Brothers and Sisters,

We are very happy to inform you about a wonderful opportunity there is now in Dzamling Gar.

As you already know, our Global Gar is the manifestation of our Master’s vision, a special place that belongs to all the Dzogchen Community. In order to help the Gar to reach its full potential as soon as possible, we need a lot of collaboration, a lot of energy, a lot of working hands, in other words, commited practitioners who are willing to help by giving their best in the formation of this dream.

We have prepared a work exchange programme, which gives the possibility to participate in this important project. Basically we provide accommodation, food, toilets, showers, inside of the Gar, in exchange for work at the Gar.

We have few vacancies and we need people from 15th SEPTEMBER 2017 until May 2018. The maximum period of stay is 3 months, but shorter or longer stays will be considered, depending of the applicant.

So, if you would like to participate in this way, please fill in the attached application form and return it to the Dzamling Gar Red Gakyil: [email protected]

Estimados hermanos y hermanas Vajra,

Nos complace informaros de una maravillosa oportunidad aquí en Dzamling Gar.
Como ya sabéis, nuestro Gar Global es la manifestación de la visión de nuestro Maestro, un lugar especial que pertenece a toda la Comunidad Dzogchen. Con el propósito de ayudar a que el Gar logre su máximo potencial lo antes posible, se necesita mucha colaboración, energía y manos trabajadoras, en otras palabras, necesitamos practicantes comprometidos/as que estén deseando ayudar dando lo mejor de ellos/as mismos/as para que este sueño pueda hacerse realidad.

Hemos preparado un programa de Intercambio de trabajo, el cual ofrece la posibilidad de participar en este proyecto tan importante. Básicamente ponemos a vuestra disposición el alojamiento, comida, aseos y duchas, dentro del Gar y a cambio de trabajo.

Tenemos varias vacantes y necesitamos gente a partir del 15 de Septiembre de 2017 hasta Mayo del 2018. El periodo máximo de estancia es de 3 meses, no obstante, también se tendrán en consideración estancias de menor o mayor duración, en función del candidato/a.

Así que, si estáis interesados/as en participar, rellenad el formulario adjunto y hacednoslo llegar al Gakyil Rojo de Dzamling Gar Gakyil: [email protected]

Copyright © 2017 The International Dzogchen Community of Dzamling Gar, All rights reserved.
Unsubscribe

Our mailing address is:
The International Dzogchen Community of Dzamling Gar
38678 Adeje, Spain
Avenida Playa ParaisoAdeje, 38678
Spain

Add us to your address book

Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list

--

De conformidad con la Ley Orgánica 15/1999, de 13 de diciembre, de Protección de Datos de Carácter Personal (LOPD), y demás normativas de desarrollo le informamos que sus datos de carácter personal se encuentran incorporados a los ficheros responsabilidad de ASOCIACION DE LA COMUNIDAD DZOGCHEN INTERNACIONAL DE DZAMLING GAR.
En cumplimiento de la Ley 34/2002, de 11 de julio de 2002, de Servicios de la Sociedad de la Información y de Comercio Electrónico, le informamos que su dirección de correo electrónico figura en nuestra base de datos, bien porque se ha suscrito a algún boletín emitido por nuestra entidad o bien, porque ha solicitado información sobre nuestros productos o servicios o bien, porque nos ha facilitado sus datos por teléfono o por correo electrónico. Sus datos personales podrán utilizarse con la finalidad de remitirle información comercial o publicidad, manteniendo la confidencialidad en el tratamiento de los datos personales. Si NO desea continuar recibiendo comunicaciones electrónicas, comuníquenoslo a la dirección abajo consignada.
Los datos contenidos en el presente correo son confidenciales y están legalmente protegidos. Si usted no fuese el destinatario del mismo y ha recibido este mensaje por error, deberá proceder a su destrucción y comunicarlo inmediatamente al remitente.
Si Usted desea ejercer sus derechos de acceso, rectificación, cancelación y oposición, le rogamos nos lo comunique por escrito, acompañando fotocopia del DNI u otro documento de identidad, a la dirección: Avenida Adeje 300, Número 38, Parcelas 12-13, Urbanización Playa Paraíso, 38678, Adeje, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, España o, a través del correo electrónico [email protected].
--
NORBUNET - homage to the Master - may he live long!
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "norbunet" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/norbunet.
DannyDevitoFan

Post by DannyDevitoFan »

jkarlins wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:26 pm Hmmm don't know- Tarthang Tulku's main center in California does something like this, I think.

Basically, if you're serious about it, try contacting them. Make some calls. Then maybe visit first before committing. Or just do it. I do that, but then the consequences can be painful.

Jake

Do you know anything of Tarthang Tulku's reputation?
jkarlins

Post by jkarlins »

Sadly, no. I love his books. I respect him as a teacher and think he's generally well regarded.

However, I've only spoken to one guy who worked with him in person. His review was positive, but that's not much to go by.

So I guess I'm saying, worth a try. He's not scandal clouded, or a fraud. But beyond that I would leave it to people with direct experience of his teaching style.

Jake
tingdzin

Post by tingdzin »

Just as a rumor, I heard that if you go stay with Tarthang Tulku, he will work you really hard -- forget about going to Lotus Land paradise. But I don't pretend to know what that might mean.
jkarlins

Post by jkarlins »

Yes, I've heard similar things about Tarthang Rinpoche. It was just one account. Worth keeping in mind. Every teacher has their own style.

Jake
passel

Post by passel »

First take a 1 month solo retreat at Yeshe Khorlo in Crestone, $400 for a basic cabin. Super rustic but you’re young. Explore other groups/centers in Crestone for a few days after. Then up to Tara Mandala- live and work. Details on website, 1 mo min commitment. In the summer go back to Crestone early to set up tents for Tsoknyi’s summer retreat and they will let you stay on cheap or free for a couple weeks of teachings if you arrange. Talk to Neal. Summer at Ewam in Montana could also be good and I think the timing is such that you could do both. All Dudjom-connected but none primarily Dudjom, but you’ll find everybody knows everybody. Don’t neglect your shamatha. Don’t get overly involved in drama. Anglophone dharma is a small town. Then go back to school. Don’t forget.
"I have made a heap of all that I have met"- Svetonious
KristenM

Post by KristenM »

Pema Osel Ling in Watsonville has some students there volunteering it seems. It's Dudjom Tersar lineage. These other places people mention sound great, though, too.

Question aside if anyone knows...so students/young people can up and live in a retreat center, how about retired people? anyone know how easy or where is a good Dharma center (Nyingma) for old foggies? I have approx. 25 years to find the right place. (Sorry to derail thread). :smile:

Return to “Nyingma”