Ngakpa centers in singapore

MatthewAngby

Ngakpa centers in singapore

Post by MatthewAngby »

hi I’m fairly new to Tibetan Buddhism and am greatly attracted towards the ngakpa tradition of it. However I don’t see much ngakpa centers in Singapore, so perhaps some of you might Introduce me to some? Thanks a lot ! :)
    Könchok Thrinley
    Former staff member

Re: Ngakpa centers in singapore

Post by Könchok Thrinley »

MatthewAngby wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:54 am
      hi I’m fairly new to Tibetan Buddhism and am greatly attracted towards the ngakpa tradition of it. However I don’t see much ngakpa centers in Singapore, so perhaps some of you might Introduce me to some? Thanks a lot ! :)
      Don't know any. However in singapore there is Garchen rinpoche's center if I am correct so you could start there as Drikung Kagyu is quite famous for its ngakpa tradition (as any other lienage probably :D ). It might take years before you find a ngakpa teacher you are looking for, so my advice would be look around yourself visit all the centers you want and can, then settle down in one that fits you the best and practice, or practice on your own and try to "call the lama from affar" and maybe he will appear. However don't expect only ngakpa teacher. What we want is often not what we need. Just search for a teacher. As far as I know being ngakpa is more about your own dedication to the practice than what teacher you are following.
      “Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

For those who do virtuous actions,
      goodness is what comes to pass.
      For those who do non-virtuous actions,
      that becomes suffering indeed.

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
      MatthewAngby

Post by MatthewAngby »

I see. So I suppose it is possible for a person to be a ngakpa even in karma kagyu lineage? Another question would be : why do some practices use a phurba?
      Könchok Thrinley
      Former staff member

MatthewAngby wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:47 pm I see. So I suppose it is possible for a person to be a ngakpa even in karma kagyu lineage? Another question would be : why do some practices use a phurba?
      All the lineages have yogis. Nyingmapas are probably the most widespread with their yogis as they have many lay teachers. In Kagyu there are many yogis too but often they are also monks and nuns. This is what I have noticed, but truth might be bit different.
      “Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
      MatthewAngby

Post by MatthewAngby »

Ok I see. But how about the dudjom lineage? There is one in Singapore but I’m not too sure about their practises. Maybe you could share some common practices of the nyingma and the dudjom lineage. Thanks in advance
      Grigoris
      Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

MatthewAngby wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:54 pm Ok I see. But how about the dudjom lineage? There is one in Singapore but I’m not too sure about their practises. Maybe you could share some common practices of the nyingma and the dudjom lineage. Thanks in advance
      The Dudjom lineage is a Ngakpa (lay) lineage. What is the name of the teacher in Singapore? I can run it past my teacher (a Ngakpa and Loppon in the Dudjom lineage and a descendant of Pema Lingpa)
      "My religion is not deceiving myself."
      Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
      The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
      The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
      Könchok Thrinley
      Former staff member

MatthewAngby wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:54 pm Ok I see. But how about the dudjom lineage? There is one in Singapore but I’m not too sure about their practises. Maybe you could share some common practices of the nyingma and the dudjom lineage. Thanks in advance
      If there is dudjom lineage then go for it and explore. As far as I know it is quite what you seem to be looking for, but I don't know much about them. Dudjom lineage is coming from Dudjom rinpoche's termas and there are very essential and amazing practices very much suited for today world. Ngöndro is done there also there are dzogchen teachings and that is all I know. Grigoris is practicing in Dudjom lineage if I am correct. And he replied. :D He is way better source!

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
      MatthewAngby

Post by MatthewAngby »

There’s a website for it. I’m not sure who is the teacher in Singapore but here’s their FB page https://m.facebook.com/singapore.house/

Thanks again! :)
      Karinos

Post by Karinos »

Singapore Dudjom Dharma House - FB: https://www.facebook.com/pg/singapore.h ... e_internal
      They consider themselves students of Dungsay Garab Rinopche (grandson of Dudjom Rinpoche).
      That's authentic Lama and authentic lineage.
      All good
      MatthewAngby

Post by MatthewAngby »

May I also know more about their lineage? Is their lineage all focused on chod? Or are there actually more practises in it that I’m unaware of at the moment?
      Rroman

Post by Rroman »

THERE IS A PHURBA PUJA IN THE BEGINNING OF DECEMBER IN MALAYSIA. GARAB RINPOCHE WILL BE THERE.
      MatthewAngby

Post by MatthewAngby »

Which part of Malaysia is it in?
      Josef

Post by Josef »

MatthewAngby wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:09 pm May I also know more about their lineage? Is their lineage all focused on chod? Or are there actually more practises in it that I’m unaware of at the moment?
      There are a great number of practices in the Dudjom lineages.
      You will have to receive instructions and practice in order to find out what your path is.
      "All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
      Grigoris
      Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

MatthewAngby wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:09 pmMay I also know more about their lineage? Is their lineage all focused on chod? Or are there actually more practises in it that I’m unaware of at the moment?
      There is much-much more to the Dudjom lineage than just Throma Nagmo Chod. :smile:

See here for an outline and refer to here for a list of the Dudjom Tersar.

"My religion is not deceiving myself."
      Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
      The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
      The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
      MatthewAngby

Post by MatthewAngby »

Ah I see. However I would like to ask if most of the practises includes ritual items / phurbas etc. I have found that these ritual objects can actually keep me in place and motivated in a sense.
      Rroman

Post by Rroman »

i think its in ipoh. i will find the info and post.
      crazy-man

Post by crazy-man »

Singapore Dudjom Dharma House
      http://www.pramodavajra.org/index.php?d ... 4&tpid=179

Malaysia Dudjom Dharma House
      http://www.pramodavajra.org/index.php?d ... 0&tpid=187

2017/12/6~10 The Vajra kilaya Great Accomplistment Puja at Ipoh,Malaysia
      http://www.pramodavajra.org/index.php?d ... 19&id=1112

Ngakpa Singapore
      http://www.attmsingapore.org/home1.htm

Nyingma Kathok Buddhist Centre (Singapore) , 397 Guillemard Road, Singapore 399792, Graylang Lor 34.
      Phone 62910330, E-mail [email protected]

Return to “Nyingma”