Garchen Vajrakilaya and More

Lhasa

Re: Garchen Vajrakilaya and More

Post by Lhasa »

jkarlins wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:23 pm From my end, it's a weird obstacle filled day. I may do some Achi practice later, wouldn't be a bad idea.

I'm going to check back at 4 eastern for the empowerment.

The question about the validity of the empowerment with major technical issues is a good one, I don't know. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I did take Tsewang Dzinpa with some stream issues, and it seemed fine to me, no weird feelings, when I do the practice it seems right. But that's a very personal take on it. And I think it depends somewhat on HOW bad the stream is.

Jake

Garchen Rinpoche has said that if you are there online and you intend to receive the empowerment, no matter if the stream has problems, you get it...because he includes you. So no worries. Do you have the Tsewang Dzinpa text? I never did get a reply when I requested it from GBI.
Tlalok

Post by Tlalok »

Lhasa wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:35 pm Garchen Rinpoche has said that if you are there online and you intend to receive the empowerment, no matter if the stream has problems, you get it...because he includes you. So no worries. Do you have the Tsewang Dzinpa text? I never did get a reply when I requested it from GBI.
Oh! That's incredible :namaste:

Here's hoping that teaching by Khenpo Tenzin was recorded and will be posted at some point, the snippets I heard seemed very valuable.
jkarlins

Post by jkarlins »

Ok, thank you very much. That is authoritative. That explains my feeling, too, about the earlier empowerment.

Yes, I have the text. If you have that empowerment I will gladly forward it to, PM me your email address please. There is a short text I use. There is a longer one available from Buddhavisions, but I have only used it twice, because it is longer, more elaborate, and involves mudras I haven't learned, etc.

Jake
Aryjna

Post by Aryjna »

There was a message about two hours ago that they are trying to fix it but it is still the same for me.
Tlalok

Post by Tlalok »

Stream is completely dead for me now.
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

In the past Rinpoche has stated that one can receive the empowerments from the saved videos too.

This view is seen as rather controversial by some, but it was Rinpoche's opinion nonetheless.
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
jkarlins

Post by jkarlins »

Nothing so far.
Aryjna

Post by Aryjna »

Grigoris wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:05 pm In the past Rinpoche has stated that one can receive the empowerments from the saved videos too.

This view is seen as rather controversial by some, but it was Rinpoche's opinion nonetheless.
I think that, in the thread where this was being discussed, it was uncertain if Garchen Rinpoche said that himself or if it was just someone from the institute.
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

;)

Garchen.png
Garchen.png (55.64 KiB) Viewed 3907 times
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
jkarlins

Post by jkarlins »

Ah, you beat me to it. Ok, so that's the deal. I'm going for a walk. Not sure if I'll watch the video later or not. Too bad.

Jake

wait- it's up!
emaho

Post by emaho »

I'm receiving an audio stream now, seems to be working fine
"I struggled with some demons, They were middle class and tame..." L. Cohen
Tlalok

Post by Tlalok »

Stream looks to be up now! Sound is poor but understandable!
Aryjna

Post by Aryjna »

emaho wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:33 pm I'm receiving an audio stream now, seems to be working fine
Yes, it's working well now. The empowerment hasn't started yet it seems.
emaho

Post by emaho »

It has been working fine for a couple of minutes. :-(

Not giving up hope, though ;-)
jkarlins

Post by jkarlins »

Sounds like we will take a break and then come back in about 20 min.

I've been pestering them to stay with the first camera view, but this is not happening. What they're going with is basically just audio. This seems to work well, so I'm going to stop bothering them about the camera now.
emaho

Post by emaho »

I think it's the best solution, the audio stream has been stable for me now for the last 30 or 40 minutes and still is. I hope it stays that way.
Last edited by emaho on Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aryjna

Post by Aryjna »

jkarlins wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:25 pm Sounds like we will take a break and then come back in about 20 min.

I've been pestering them to stay with the first camera view, but this is not happening. What they're going with is basically just audio. This seems to work well, so I'm going to stop bothering them about the camera now.
It is the same faraway camera but they put that kind of zoom lens on it, i think it is misplaced so it covers the lens completely. But it is much better than if they kept switching to other cameras.
Tlalok

Post by Tlalok »

Congratulations to all of you who stuck with it! Almost the entire empowerment proper went through without a hitch. Amazing work by the tech crew for fixing that on the fly. :namaste:

I already actually have the lung for Ratna Lingpa's Vajrakilaya. Can I go ahead and practice that alone now, even if it this empowerment was for a different Vajrakilaya like the Chokling Tersar?
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

Stream is still live, they are chanting.
jkarlins

Post by jkarlins »

Yes, glad I was a little patient with this one. I almost walked out twice, once while waiting for it to start, once in the middle as they were figuring out the camera. But they made it work just in time, and I am very glad.

I will update here with info about the text once I get it. If anyone else hears back, they can post here too.

Congratulations everyone! :smile:

Jake

Return to “North America (USA & Canada)”