Garchen Vajrakilaya and More

Grigoris
Former staff member

Re: Garchen Vajrakilaya and More

Post by Grigoris »

Tlalok wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:27 amI already actually have the lung for Ratna Lingpa's Vajrakilaya. Can I go ahead and practice that alone now...
If you have the lung for a practice you can do it alone anyway. Empowerment is required for self-visualisation.
...even if it this empowerment was for a different Vajrakilaya like the Chokling Tersar?
Good question. Some say "No!" because it is a different mandala. Others say "Yes!" as the essential nature of all yidam is the same anyway.
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
Mantrik
Former staff member

Post by Mantrik »

Thankfully he gives Vajrakilaya quite often, and sometimes with the full sadhana lung, so it is always worth watching out for the next live webcast.

If Garchen Rinpoche says you may receive the empowerment from a recorded video then those who want it need to have full confidence in that for it to be effective, with the shared intention to give and receive by this method.
http://www.khyung.com ཁྲོཾ

Om Thathpurushaya Vidhmahe
Suvarna Pakshaya Dheemahe
Thanno Garuda Prachodayath

Micchāmi Dukkaḍaṃ (मिच्छामि दुक्कडम्)
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

The drubchen will be live-streamed, schedule will be posted in awhile. Anyone have a pdf?
jkarlins

Post by jkarlins »

Of Vajrakilaya you mean? I've been working on it. Maybe you meant a schedule for the whole thing.

Jake
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

jkarlins wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:01 am Of Vajrakilaya you mean? I've been working on it. Maybe you meant a schedule for the whole thing.

Jake
It's Ratna Lingpa, with lots of additions. The online stream schedule for the drubchen will be posted as soon as they get to it.
jkarlins

Post by jkarlins »

I'm confused, I thought you were asking for a copy.

So you have a hard copy? I'm looking for a pdf. Been in contact with the institute, looks like they are busy and it will take some time to iron out. Out of stock of the hard copies right now at the webstore.

Jake
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

jkarlins wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:13 am I'm confused, I thought you were asking for a copy.

So you have a hard copy? I'm looking for a pdf. Been in contact with the institute, looks like they are busy and it will take some time to iron out. Out of stock of the hard copies right now at the webstore.

Jake
Yes I have a hard copy, but they use English versions too and add other supplemental prayers, some of the supplements are copyrighted and can't be given out to us. I asked for a pdf in the chat room.
Aryjna

Post by Aryjna »

I sent them an email yesterday to ask if it is Ratna Lingpa or a different one, and if there is a pdf or book available, but it may take time until they reply. There are pdfs of the Ratna Lingpa practice online i think but it would be good to know for sure.
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

It is normally Ratna Lingpa.
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

Aryjna wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:15 am I sent them an email yesterday to ask if it is Ratna Lingpa or a different one, and if there is a pdf or book available, but it may take time until they reply. There are pdfs of the Ratna Lingpa practice online i think but it would be good to know for sure.
Garchen R. said yesterday that it was Ratna Lingpa. Do you have links to the pdfs?
Aryjna

Post by Aryjna »

Lhasa wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:41 am
Aryjna wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:15 am I sent them an email yesterday to ask if it is Ratna Lingpa or a different one, and if there is a pdf or book available, but it may take time until they reply. There are pdfs of the Ratna Lingpa practice online i think but it would be good to know for sure.
Garchen R. said yesterday that it was Ratna Lingpa. Do you have links to the pdfs?
I did not look much because I wasn't sure which practice it was. There is this http://www.losangsamten.com/files/vajrakilaya.pdf but I am not sure how reliable that website is.
Aryjna

Post by Aryjna »

The stream is on now.
pael

Post by pael »

When schelude comes? May I without this empowerment watch this?
May all beings be free from suffering and causes of suffering
Aryjna

Post by Aryjna »

pael wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:17 pm When schelude comes? May I without this empowerment watch this?
I don't know, there are opening prayers etc at the moment.

Return to “North America (USA & Canada)”