ChNN's Lifespan?

Motova

ChNN's Lifespan?

Post by Motova »

Has Rinpoche given any specifics, hints, or clues on how long he will live?

Thank you.
To become a rain man one must master the ten virtues and sciences.
krodha

Re: ChNN's Lifespan?

Post by krodha »

To my knowledge all he has said about his lifespan is that he would have died long ago if it weren't for his daily Mandarava practice.
Motova

Post by Motova »

krodha wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:36 pm To my knowledge all he has said about his lifespan is that he would have died long ago if it weren't for his daily Mandarava practice.
Yes.

He is 79 tomorrow.

I remember him saying two Lamas said he would die in his 50's (I forget exactly which year), but due to his Mandarava practice he survived his cancer.
Motova

Post by Motova »

I think I remember saying his Mandarava practice could extend ones life by a number of years that I forget though I have an idea of what it might be.

Is that him giving us a clue on how long he will live?
jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

Motova wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:47 pm I think I remember saying his Mandarava practice could extend ones life by a number of years that I forget though I have an idea of what it might be.

I'm not sure if the life-span increases with each retreat done with that purpose
true dharma is inexpressible.

The bodhisattva nourishes from bodhicitta, through whatever method the Buddha has given him. Oh joy.
Motova

Post by Motova »

javier.espinoza.t wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:18 am
Motova wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:47 pm I think I remember saying his Mandarava practice could extend ones life by a number of years that I forget though I have an idea of what it might be.

I'm not sure if the life-span increases with each retreat done with that purpose
I'll have to reread it when I get the time. But I remember the potential life increase being substantial. I don't want to say. Maybe I can, but I want to habituate my mind more to be more secretive about these things. :emb:
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Post by Könchok Thrinley »

I don't know and don't want to know. I think the best is to pray and practice for his long life and do our best to keep samayas. :D At least it is better than trying to guess his paranirvana.
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

For those who do virtuous actions,
goodness is what comes to pass.
For those who do non-virtuous actions,
that becomes suffering indeed.

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

Motova wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:02 am
javier.espinoza.t wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:18 am

I'll have to reread it when I get the time. But I remember the potential life increase being substantial. I don't want to say. Maybe I can, but I want to habituate my mind more to be more secretive about these things. :emb:
That's good, longsal teachings are upadesha. That means secret hahaha
true dharma is inexpressible.

The bodhisattva nourishes from bodhicitta, through whatever method the Buddha has given him. Oh joy.
Motova

Post by Motova »

Happy Birthday Rinpoche!
Hansei

Post by Hansei »

Miroku wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:07 pm I don't know and don't want to know. I think the best is to pray and practice for his long life and do our best to keep samayas. :D At least it is better than trying to guess his paranirvana.
:good:

Return to “Dzogchen”