All is One

White Lotus

Re: All is One

Post by White Lotus »

"There is no one, there is nothing to be one." 'who' said that? :tongue:
in any matters of importance. dont rely on me. i may not know what i am talking about. take what i say as mere speculation. i am not ordained. nor do i have a formal training. i do believe though that if i am wrong on any point. there are those on this site who i hope will quickly point out my mistakes.
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

White Lotus wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:31 pm A grain of sand is 1. A clod of earth is 1. A pebble is 1. A rock is 1. A hill is 1. A mountain is 1. A mountain range is 1. A province is 1. A country is 1. The Earth is 1. The Solar System is 1. The Milky Way galaxy is 1. The universe is 1. Form is 1. Mind is 1. Emptiness is 1. All is 1. 1 is immanently 1. :anjali:
Emptiness is zero. Mind is one. All is one. One is one. One “emerges” from emptiness. Yogacara is emptiness from the view of one.
Simon E.

Post by Simon E. »

Me. Simon.

Who is me?
An ever-changing stream of consciousness, perceptions, cognitions and physical attributes which has arisen in Great Emptiness and which is moving towards abiding in original mind...and who in the meantime laughs, cries, feels pain and joy, love and aversion and who communicates on this forum..just like you.
“You don’t know it. You just know about it. That is not the same thing.”

Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche to me.
Simon E.

Post by Simon E. »

Jeff wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:50 pm
White Lotus wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:31 pm A grain of sand is 1. A clod of earth is 1. A pebble is 1. A rock is 1. A hill is 1. A mountain is 1. A mountain range is 1. A province is 1. A country is 1. The Earth is 1. The Solar System is 1. The Milky Way galaxy is 1. The universe is 1. Form is 1. Mind is 1. Emptiness is 1. All is 1. 1 is immanently 1. :anjali:
Emptiness is zero. Mind is one. All is one. One is one. One “emerges” from emptiness. Yogacara is emptiness from the view of one.
Try again.

Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Simon E. wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:00 pm
Jeff wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:50 pm
Try again.
If you prefer, Dharmakaya is One. :smile:
Simon E.

Post by Simon E. »

Try again.

White Lotus

Post by White Lotus »

I agree with the Yogacara assertion that a buddha emerges from emptiness, but only if we are speaking about emptiness of emptiness. Absolute zero. A buddha emerges from sunyata sunyata. Is simple uncompounded 1. Dharmakaya is 1: Dharmakaya is empty. Paradox explained by the empty circle. It contains nothing and yet is 1. 1 is form and use. 1 is the frame that contains all and yet all is empty. Absolutely every 'thing' is empty and yet 1. The Kegon/Avatamsaka school teach: "All 'in' one". Even emptiness is contained in the one circle. I think Simon is right in asserting that all is empty, but misses that emptiness is 1. That emptiness is form. Emptiness is encircled. Most experts miss that because it is too obvious and counter intuitive perhaps. Thank you for you'r replies and i'm sorry i am unable to give you all a sufficient answer to you'r questions. Tom. :anjali:
in any matters of importance. dont rely on me. i may not know what i am talking about. take what i say as mere speculation. i am not ordained. nor do i have a formal training. i do believe though that if i am wrong on any point. there are those on this site who i hope will quickly point out my mistakes.
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

White Lotus wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:45 pm I agree with the Yogacara assertion that a buddha emerges from emptiness, but only if we are speaking about emptiness of emptiness. Absolute zero. A buddha emerges from sunyata sunyata. Is simple uncompounded 1. Dharmakaya is 1: Dharmakaya is empty. Paradox explained by the empty circle. It contains nothing and yet is 1. 1 is form and use. 1 is the frame that contains all and yet all is empty. Absolutely every 'thing' is empty and yet 1. The Kegon/Avatamsaka school teach: "All 'in' one". Even emptiness is contained in the one circle. I think Simon is right in asserting that all is empty, but misses that emptiness is 1. That emptiness is form. Emptiness is encircled. Most experts miss that because it is too obvious and counter intuitive perhaps. Thank you for you'r replies and i'm sorry i am unable to give you all a sufficient answer to you'r questions. Tom. :anjali:
It must be remembered that while emptiness is form, that also form is emptiness. Emptiness is not encircled. But perception itself is limited to the 1, so at the realization of the 1, all is within the 1, and hence emptiness appears to be encircled.

The 1 is like the both manifest and unmanifest unlimited potential of emptiness.
Motova

Post by Motova »

1 is a made up story by mathematicians and so is the concept of a circle.
To become a rain man one must master the ten virtues and sciences.
Aryjna

Post by Aryjna »

White Lotus wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:17 pm Each letter is 1. Each word is 1. Each sentence is 1. Each paragraph is 1. Each chapter is 1. Each book is 1. Each library is 1. All knowledge is 1. All form is 1. All emptiness is 1. All is 1. :smile:
The book is not one, the concept of the book in one's limited mind is 'one'. If I understand correctly what you are saying, I think you mean that the idea of anything is 'one'. But these are only concepts, so unless you are talking relatively, it is not true.
Motova

Post by Motova »

Motova wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:27 pm 1 is a made up story by mathematicians and so is the concept of a circle.
They can be handy tools though.
Motova

Post by Motova »

Motova wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:31 pm
Motova wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:27 pm 1 is a made up story by mathematicians and so is the concept of a circle.
Mathematicans say 1 + 1 = 2

White Lotus says 1 + 1 = 1

Motova says how can it be 1 or 2 when there was no 1 to begin with?
Motova

Post by Motova »

Motova wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:39 pm

White Lotus, to play the game is to lose the game and I won't play your number game.
Simon E.

Post by Simon E. »

Prapanca.

Motova

Post by Motova »

Motova wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:45 pm

White Lotus, to play the game is to lose the game and I won't play your number game.
Furthermore, you can't have a circle without 1. So there is no 1 or circles or mathematics.

But yet it appears! And then disappears... no wait there it is! Hold on, not quite yet... is that it? What is it? What is? What? ... ? ... ? .. ? . ?
Motova

Post by Motova »

Motova wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:58 pm
Motova wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:45 pm

Furthermore, you can't have a circle without 1. So there is no 1 or circles or mathematics.

But yet it appears! And then disappears... no wait there it is! Hold on, not quite yet... is that it? What is it? What is? What? ... ? ... ? .. ? . ?
White Lotus

Post by White Lotus »

I am trying not to 'diversify' (prapanca). I am trying to unify all positions as 1. All = 1. Just 1. :namaste:
Motova

Post by Motova »

White Lotus wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:43 pm I am trying not to 'diversify' (prapanca). I am trying to unify all positions as 1. All = 1. Just 1. :namaste:
:ban:
White Lotus

Post by White Lotus »

A second is 1. A moment is 1. A minute is 1. An hour is 1. A day is 1. A week is 1. A month is 1. A year is 1. A decade is 1. A century is 1. A millenia is 1. An epoch is 1. Time is 1. Space is 1. Form is 1. Emptiness is 1. Mind/perception is 1. Intellect is 1. Buddha is 1. All is 1. Just 1.... 1 :anjali:
White Lotus

Post by White Lotus »

This is a Zen site and if you wish to ban the teaching of Patriarch Seng Tsan then so be it.

Return to “Zen”