Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Motova

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by Motova »

What transmissions are needed to practice the three practices located in the Guru Yoga book in the pages 109-114?

Thank you.
To become a rain man one must master the ten virtues and sciences.
karma_lodro

Post by karma_lodro »

Perhaps someone can help me with this one...

When participating in the Mandarava Drubchen retreat, is there a commitment that one should be there for the entirety of the retreat? The reason I ask is that obviously this does tend to be a requirement for drubchens in certain other lineages.

I have heard from a long-time DC member that it's ok to be there for e.g. just a week, ideally the first one, so that you can receive the instruction for the practice.

Nevertheless, I figure there's no harm in verifying this.

Thank you.
jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

Mandarava retreat at tenerife includes initiation and instructions?
true dharma is inexpressible.

The bodhisattva nourishes from bodhicitta, through whatever method the Buddha has given him. Oh joy.
jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

javier.espinoza.t wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:49 am Mandarava retreat at tenerife includes initiation and instructions?
I mean wangchen
true dharma is inexpressible.

The bodhisattva nourishes from bodhicitta, through whatever method the Buddha has given him. Oh joy.
heart

Post by heart »

javier.espinoza.t wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:36 am
javier.espinoza.t wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:49 am Mandarava retreat at tenerife includes initiation and instructions?
I mean wangchen
It will for sure be instructions, but wangchen seems unlikely. I don't think there is a wangchen for mandarava, I never heard ChNNR talk about that.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
heart

Post by heart »

Motova wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:27 pm What transmissions are needed to practice the three practices located in the Guru Yoga book in the pages 109-114?

Thank you.
If you done one of them with Rinpoche you can do it by yourself. Rinpoche normally do these introductions during retreats.

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
heart

Post by heart »

karma_lodro wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:34 pm Perhaps someone can help me with this one...

When participating in the Mandarava Drubchen retreat, is there a commitment that one should be there for the entirety of the retreat? The reason I ask is that obviously this does tend to be a requirement for drubchens in certain other lineages.

I have heard from a long-time DC member that it's ok to be there for e.g. just a week, ideally the first one, so that you can receive the instruction for the practice.

Nevertheless, I figure there's no harm in verifying this.

Thank you.
I would check with the organisers.

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

treehuggingoctopus

Post by treehuggingoctopus »

karma_lodro wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:34 pm Perhaps someone can help me with this one...

When participating in the Mandarava Drubchen retreat, is there a commitment that one should be there for the entirety of the retreat?
Unless this retreat is like no other Mandarava Drubchen (and I am fairly certain it is not), there is no commitment of the sort. You can drop by for a minute, an hour, a day or a week -- or stay for the entirety of the event.
Générosité de l’invisible.
Notre gratitude est infinie.
Le critère est l’hospitalité.

Edmond Jabès
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

heart wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:57 am
It will for sure be instructions, but wangchen seems unlikely. I don't think there is a wangchen for mandarava, I never heard ChNNR talk about that.
Yes, there is in fact a dbang chen for Mandarava, but he gives it very rarely.
Pero

Post by Pero »

What's the difference between a dbang chen and regular dbang?
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
Mantrik
Former staff member

Post by Mantrik »

Malcolm wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:51 pm
heart wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:57 am
Yes, there is in fact a dbang chen for Mandarava, but he gives it very rarely.
Is that the one he gave in July 2012 (Mandarava as LYK) or Feb 2013 (Mandarava & Chudlen) ?
http://www.khyung.com ཁྲོཾ

Om Thathpurushaya Vidhmahe
Suvarna Pakshaya Dheemahe
Thanno Garuda Prachodayath

Micchāmi Dukkaḍaṃ (मिच्छामि दुक्कडम्)
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Pero wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:59 pm What's the difference between a dbang chen and regular dbang?
a dbang chen has a very elaborate section for the vase empowerment. This is main difference.
Pero

Post by Pero »

Malcolm wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:39 pm
Pero wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:59 pm What's the difference between a dbang chen and regular dbang?
a dbang chen has a very elaborate section for the vase empowerment. This is main difference.
I see, thanks.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Pero wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:45 pm
I see, thanks.
Usually has a sand mandala or some kind of cloth mandala as well.
Motova

Post by Motova »

heart wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:00 am
Motova wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:27 pm What transmissions are needed to practice the three practices located in the Guru Yoga book in the pages 109-114?

Thank you.
If you done one of them with Rinpoche you can do it by yourself. Rinpoche normally do these introductions during retreats.

/magnus
Thank you for the information.
pael

Post by pael »

Do they webcast it?
May all beings be free from suffering and causes of suffering
Norwegian

Post by Norwegian »

pael wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:23 am
Do they webcast it?
No. You have to attend the retreat for something like that.
Motova

Post by Motova »

What is required to do all the practices from the Dorje Drolo book?
Norwegian

Post by Norwegian »

Motova wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:50 pm What is required to do all the practices from the Dorje Drolo book?
Having received the transmissions of it.

Rinpoche gave this teaching in 2012, where he gave the empowerment of the practice together with the transmissions, and of course instructions. In other retreats he only gives the transmission of the main mantra and the action mantra, which means you can utilize those two mantras and practice in the way of the Thun system. But you need transmission for the rest in order to do those practices.
Motova

Post by Motova »

Norwegian wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:26 pm
Motova wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:50 pm What is required to do all the practices from the Dorje Drolo book?
Having received the transmissions of it.

Rinpoche gave this teaching in 2012, where he gave the empowerment of the practice together with the transmissions, and of course instructions. In other retreats he only gives the transmission of the main mantra and the action mantra, which means you can utilize those two mantras and practice in the way of the Thun system. But you need transmission for the rest in order to do those practices.
Thank you.

Return to “Dzogchen”