Hello Everybody

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.
Karma Sonam

Hello Everybody

Post by Karma Sonam »

Why do I always feel like Dr Nick when I'm saying hello in these things? Anyway. Hello! I'm a Kagyu Karma follower, main centre for me is Samye Ling in Scotland and I live in Cornwall (other end of Britain). Got lost when E sangha crashed, washed up on the shores of the Buddhist Community (less said the better) and eventually lashed a raft together and paddled my way to here and FreeSangha. Online sanghas are my only regular contact with other Buddhists at the moment so I'm very glad to have found you and Free Sangha! Thanks for being here.
Be the sky, not the weather.
and the monkey pushed the button.[/color]
retrofuturist
Former staff member

Re: Hello Everybody

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

Welcome to Dharma Wheel!

:buddha1:

Metta,
Retro. :)
Live in concord, with mutual appreciation, without disputing, blending like milk and water, viewing each other with kindly eyes.
ronnewmexico

Post by ronnewmexico »

Hi KS

I noticed the many nautical references and suppose that speaks to a more close to sea/ocean existance.
Living in the desert/mountains I enjoyed it.

Back at you.....I have ridden many a (internet) horse over the years, from corral to campfire, chuck wagon to round up. Had some give out beneth me on trail and had some that were more mule than horse it seemed. But am riding this one right now which seems to have some giddie up to it. Probably a right fit one, (with no commercial interludes).
I am new here as well and look foward to interacting with you.

Primo....que es DR Nick?
"This order considers that progress can be achieved more rapidly during a single month of self-transformation through terrifying conditions in rough terrain and in "the abode of harmful forces" than through meditating for a period of three years in towns and monasteries"....Takpo Tashi Namgyal.
Karma Sonam

Post by Karma Sonam »

lol! Dr NIck is acharacter off the Simpsons who always starts his dialogue with "hello everybody!"
Be the sky, not the weather.
and the monkey pushed the button.[/color]
malalu

Post by malalu »

Hello and welcome, Karma Sonam! :)
The past is but a present memory or condition, the future but a present projection, and the present itself vanishes before it can be grasped.- Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Welcome to Dharma Wheel!
ronnewmexico

Post by ronnewmexico »

Ah much to my dismay these particular pigeons have come home to roost....my total lack of media familiarity becomes quite patently obvious .....

Dr Nick I presume?

But in some lame attempt at maintaining face I respond.....if that was a trailer park boys reference I would have gotton it right away.
So there!!
"This order considers that progress can be achieved more rapidly during a single month of self-transformation through terrifying conditions in rough terrain and in "the abode of harmful forces" than through meditating for a period of three years in towns and monasteries"....Takpo Tashi Namgyal.
Luke

Post by Luke »

Welcome Karma Sonam!

Samye Ling looks like a really awesome Buddhist center run by an awesome lama. I would be very interested to hear about your experiences there sometime.

Return to “Introductions”