34th abbot of Menri

Discussion of the fifth religious tradition of Tibet.
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

34th abbot of Menri

Post by Könchok Thrinley »

Dear friends it seems that the guardians of the teachings have made their choice. New abbot of Menri is His Holiness 34rd Dawa Dargye Rinpoche.
Long life and best wishes to His Holiness.
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

For those who do virtuous actions,
goodness is what comes to pass.
For those who do non-virtuous actions,
that becomes suffering indeed.

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
mutsuk

Re: 34th abbot of Menri

Post by mutsuk »

Yes and here he is :

kalden yungdrung

Post by kalden yungdrung »

Geshe Dawa Dargye Rinpoche - 034.jpg
Geshe Dawa Dargye Rinpoche - 034.jpg (93.01 KiB) Viewed 2976 times

Big Congratulations!

Geshe Dawa Dargye Rinpoche became the new Menri Trizin (34th) today through the divinely electoral ritual at Menri monastery.

Sherdub Ponlob Geshe Gelek Gyatso (Togdhen Namgyal) Rinpoche appeared to the 2nd position.
The best meditation is no meditation
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Kalden, you are alway capable to get obscure information, would you be able to post here some biographic info about His Holiness?
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
kalden yungdrung

Miroku wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:12 pm Kalden, you are alway capable to get obscure information, would you be able to post here some biographic info about His Holiness?
Tashi delek M,

At the moment, Geshe Dawa Dargye Rinpoche is for me not known, honestly i never have heard about him and do not know if His Holiness is from Triten Norbutse or Tashi Menri Monastery.

But i will have those informations very soon.
If i have those informations i will post them. :namaste:

Mutsuk Marro
KY.
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

kalden yungdrung wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:19 pm
Miroku wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:12 pm Kalden, you are alway capable to get obscure information, would you be able to post here some biographic info about His Holiness?
Tashi delek M,

At the moment, Geshe Dawa Dargye Rinpoche is for me not known, honestly i never have heard about him and do not know if His Holiness is from Triten Norbutse or Tashi Menri Monastery.

But i will have those informations very soon.
If i have those informations i will post them. :namaste:

Mutsuk Marro
KY.
Thank you very much! :twothumbsup:

I have heard he used to be a secretary of the late Holiness.

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
kalden yungdrung

Dawa Dargye Rinpoche - 034 d.jpg
Dawa Dargye Rinpoche - 034 d.jpg (143.68 KiB) Viewed 2945 times
Shot taken at Menri Monastery a few hours ago.

Tashi delek M,

Yes, His Holiness the 34th Menri Trizin Menri Geshe Dawa Dargye Rinpoche, was teached by His Eminence the Menri Ponlob Rinpoche ( Now, the actual Yongdzin Rinpoche), so His Holiness the 34th Menri Trizin Menri Geshe Dawa Dargye Rinpoche is from Tashi Menri Monastery / Dolanji / India / HP.

In the centre, His Holiness the 34th Menri Trizin Menri Geshe Dawa Dargye Rinpoche, with his teacher His Eminence Menri Ponlob Rinpoche and Khenpo Tenpa Yungdrung Rinpoche.
kalden yungdrung

Miroku wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:35 pm
I have heard he used to be a secretary of the late Holiness.

Tashi delek M,

Mr. Nyima Tsering, is the administrator of Menri Monastery and a second one would be a western monk.....
Sādhaka

Post by Sādhaka »

Were the Menri Ponlop Lopön Trinley Nyima Rinpoche, the Triten Ponlob Tsangpa Tenzin Rinpoche, Khenpo Tenpa Yungdrung Rinpoche, and Geshe Chongtul Rinpoche all candidates as well?
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

If they reside in the West then yes.

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
Sādhaka

Post by Sādhaka »

Oh, right. Or do you mean outside of Tibet rather?

Anyway, then out of the Rinpoches I asked about, I believe that only Geshe Chongtul Rinpoche resides in the west. And I'm not even sure about that.
Marc

Post by Marc »

kalden yungdrung wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:54 pmHis Eminence the Menri Ponlob Rinpoche ( Now, the actual Yongdzin Rinpoche)
Could you please substantiate this claim ?

Isn't the title "Yongdzin Rinpoche" used by tibetan as an honorific title for their most senior teacher / lineage holder ?

Since we are so immensely fortunate to still have Yongdzin Rinpoche Tenzin Namdak with us (hopefully for many, many more years :namaste: ), how could Menri Ponlob Rinpoche receive such a title ?

Thanks for you clarifications :)

Cheers
M

P.S: And Happy 2018 by the way :twothumbsup:
kalden yungdrung

Marc wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:31 am
kalden yungdrung wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:54 pmHis Eminence the Menri Ponlob Rinpoche ( Now, the actual Yongdzin Rinpoche)

Isn't the title "Yongdzin Rinpoche" used by tibetan as an honorific title for their most senior teacher / lineage holder ?

Since we are so immensely fortunate to still have Yongdzin Rinpoche Tenzin Namdak with us (hopefully for many, many more years :namaste: ), how could Menri Ponlob Rinpoche receive such a title ?

Cheers
M

Tashi delek M,

Thanks for your good wishes and reply. :anjali:

Look here please:
viewtopic.php?f=78&t=26472

Yongdzin Rinpoche has also the title teacher among the teachers or Master under the teachers.
And nobody in Bön, would doubt his skills in the Bön Dzogchen Lineages.

I realy don´t know how the rules in Tashi Menri Monastery are regarding the title Menri Yongdzin Rinpoche and when this title goes to another Rinpoche.

The only thing i know is that Lopon La had the title Menri Yongdzin Rinpoche and it is now in the hands of the former Menri Ponlop Rinpoche, who became now the new Menri Yongdzin Rinpoche.

It is how it is and i cannot make more or less from it.

And again our Lopon La does not loose the radiance as the Rigdzin Rinpoche of ZZNG Dzogchen, imo the most precious unbroken powerful Dzogchen Lineage within Yungdrung Bön and we Bönpos like that and agree to that, no doubt about it.

All in all our dear and most honored Dzogchen Master does not loose his earned stripes in the world of Bön
And may His Eminence Lopon Tenzin Namdak live in good health many more years !
:bow: :bow: :bow:
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Sādhaka wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:49 pm Oh, right. Or do you mean outside of Tibet rather?

Anyway, then out of the Rinpoches I asked about, I believe that only Geshe Chongtul Rinpoche resides in the west. And I'm not even sure about that.
Oh yes outside Tibet, sorry.

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
Marc

Post by Marc »

kalden yungdrung wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:17 am
Marc wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:31 am

Cheers
M

Tashi delek M,

Thanks for your good wishes and reply. :anjali:

Look here please:
viewtopic.php?f=78&t=26472

Yongdzin Rinpoche has also the title teacher among the teachers or Master under the teachers.
And nobody in Bön, would doubt his skills in the Bön Dzogchen Lineages.

I realy don´t know how the rules in Tashi Menri Monastery are regarding the title Menri Yongdzin Rinpoche and when this title goes to another Rinpoche.

The only thing i know is that Lopon La had the title Menri Yongdzin Rinpoche and it is now in the hands of the former Menri Ponlop Rinpoche, who became now the new Menri Yongdzin Rinpoche.

It is how it is and i cannot make more or less from it.

And again our Lopon La does not loose the radiance as the Rigdzin Rinpoche of ZZNG Dzogchen, imo the most precious unbroken powerful Dzogchen Lineage within Yungdrung Bön and we Bönpos like that and agree to that, no doubt about it.

All in all our dear and most honored Dzogchen Master does not loose his earned stripes in the world of Bön
And may His Eminence Lopon Tenzin Namdak live in good health many more years !
:bow: :bow: :bow:
Hi Kalden Yungdrung,  
Thanks for your message.  
I thought that the title was somehow unique, but if you are infos are correct, then there can be two Yongdzin Rinpoche.
Anyhow, we are blessed to have to suns shining in the sky: Tenzin Namdak & Trinley Nyima :namaste:
Regards
Marc

Return to “Bön”