Skillful means and Dzogchen

Virgo

Re: Skillful means and Dzogchen

Post by Virgo »

CedarTree wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:16 pm Then don't post on forums and close the section completely :)
CedarTree, what section was closed?

And if you are referring to me (not sure if you still are), I am not a qualified teacher. I share here what I feel is alllowable, and keep back what people should hear from their teachers alone.

Kevin
CedarTree

Post by CedarTree »

Virgo wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:08 pm
CedarTree wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:16 pm Then don't post on forums and close the section completely :)
CedarTree, what section was closed?

And if you are referring to me (not sure if you still are), I am not a qualified teacher. I share here what I feel is alllowable, and keep back what people should hear from their teachers alone.

Kevin
Kevin wasn't addressing you at all :)

Love your input and contribution.

I was addressing this kind of proto attitude of "orthodox" that sometimes rears it's head.

Sometimes I think it's deeply wise and other times I think it's deeply entrenched in certain people feeling that they understand a "good" reality and how others should live and practice their lives and search. Kind of a them putting a god status on their provisional attitudes.

I have and others as well posted numerous times the understanding that things differ from a one on one with a teacher to shooting the shit on philosophy and subjects of interest.

For those that want to refuse talking on subjects of interest they don't have to participate and or the forums and sections can be closed.
(Absurdity used to point it out as well as conceding it is more complex)

But sometimes by pushing people you get more and priceless info that matches up to other "language" used in the traditions that those of us that are practiced in may then be able to relate to Dzogchen.

For instance I was reading the post on "Shine" and found it incredible interesting. How ever would we be able to gather this kind of stuff unless pressed and explored.

I just get tired of those that never seem to add much than telling others how it should be.

I.e. If you have cards show them if not that's okay but don't get involved.

Practice, Practice, Practice
CedarTree

Post by CedarTree »

Norwegian wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:00 pm CedarTree,

This isn't Tao Bums, just FYI.
FYI relax and stop coming at me. This is a forum regardless. Shoot the shit and help share info so others in different traditions can maybe understand the similarities and differences despite different "languages" we have about shared practice information and philosophical subjects.

I post here because of the deep information that people like Kevin and Malcolm have even if I have to press and almost "trick" sometimes to get it lol.

I get where you are coming from and I respect it and you but sometimes you push it to far.

Practice, Practice, Practice
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

CedarTree wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:25 pm
I post here because of the deep information that people like Kevin and Malcolm have even if I have to press and almost "trick" sometimes to get it lol.
If you are interested in Dzogchen teachings, get thee to a Dzogchen master.
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

Malcolm wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:32 pmIf you are interested in Dzogchen teachings, get thee to a Dzogchen master.

Or, at least, a Dzogchennery.
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche
florin

Post by florin »

dzogchungpa wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:40 pm
Malcolm wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:32 pmIf you are interested in Dzogchen teachings, get thee to a Dzogchen master.

You mean a dzogchen nunnery ?
lelopa

Post by lelopa »

florin wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:20 pm

:lol:
Lost In Transmission
CedarTree

Post by CedarTree »

lelopa wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:00 am
florin wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:20 pm