Another Sangye Nyenpa Rinpoche

gyamtsotrinle

Another Sangye Nyenpa Rinpoche

Post by gyamtsotrinle »

Hi friends

There is a short old movie from Dhagpo Kagyu Ling with late Gendun Rinpoche. And in some sequences there is tulku of Sangye Nyenpa Rinpoche, there is written "american tulku". It is in 0.10 sec in this video.
I know that there is one Sangye Nyenpa born in Bhutan. Of course as we know there can be more than one tulku. My question is, where is this "american" Sangye Nyenpa now? Does somebodu know?

Thank a lot
Sonam Wangchug

Re: Another Sangye Nyenpa Rinpoche

Post by Sonam Wangchug »

Crestone colorado.

A local told me that he is stays in a trailer, that he is now a shaivite and smokes from a Chillum.
"To have confidence in the teacher is the ultimate refuge." -Rigzin Jigme Lingpa
dzoki

Post by dzoki »

gyamtsotrinle wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:16 pm Hi friends

There is a short old movie from Dhagpo Kagyu Ling with late Gendun Rinpoche. And in some sequences there is tulku of Sangye Nyenpa Rinpoche, there is written "american tulku". It is in 0.10 sec in this video.
I know that there is one Sangye Nyenpa born in Bhutan. Of course as we know there can be more than one tulku. My question is, where is this "american" Sangye Nyenpa now? Does somebodu know?

Thank a lot
His name is ,Ossian Kennard Maclise. I am not sure whether he was tulku of actual Sangye Nyenpa line or of some other lama named Sangye Nyenpa, in any case, he starred in a documentary "Ossian: American Boy, Tibetan Monk". He did receive some Dharma education and from what I have heard, at the end of 1990s he was working on the translation of Choying Dzo, nothing came of it, or so it seems. Don´t know anything else about him.
dzoki

Post by dzoki »

Sonam Wangchug wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:56 pm Crestone colorado.

A local told me that he is stays in a trailer, that he is now a shaivite and smokes from a Chillum.
Yep, his facebook profile seems to confirm that he is a follower of Shiva now.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

The wisdom display of awakened beings is amazing! :roll:
valdemar

Post by valdemar »

Hello

Ossian Kennard Maclise is Sangje Nyenpa's speech incarnation. He was recognized by the 16th Karmapa.

Best regards
Sonam Wangchug

Post by Sonam Wangchug »

Malcolm wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:13 pm

The wisdom display of awakened beings is amazing! :roll:
The teacher of Lama tharchin rinpoche's father emanated as both a traditional lama, and also a butcher, when they died their wisdom minds merged.

so what's the big whoop about a Shaivite.

I suppose his wisdom display would be more amazing if he posted on dharma wheel daily

Who are we to judge?
"To have confidence in the teacher is the ultimate refuge." -Rigzin Jigme Lingpa
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Sonam Wangchug wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:09 pm

Who are we to judge?
We, both you and I, make all kinds of judgments in this forum all the time. It is a measure of our grasping and attachment.
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

Nothing. But in this context, it means he is a non-Buddhist and the tulku system failed.

Kevin
Tiago Simões

Post by Tiago Simões »

Virgo wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:37 pm
Nothing. But in this context, it means he is a non-Buddhist and the tulku system failed.

Kevin
Maybe that was his intent.
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

Tiago Simões wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:41 pm

Kevin
Perhaps. Maybe to demonstrate to people that they should abandon refuge, take faith in a God, and believe in an eternal soul. And smoke chillums. :thumbsup:

Kevin
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Virgo wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:43 pm

Kevin
Perhaps. Maybe to demonstrate to people that they should abandon refuge, take faith in a God, and believe in an eternal soul. And smoke chillums. :thumbsup:

Kevin
I hear they have really good weed in CO. Perhaps he is smoking Blue Buddha Bud:

Sonam Wangchug

Post by Sonam Wangchug »

Kevin
In fact it does not, by evidence that tulkus can appear even as inanimate objects and animals, and just how Buddhist are those?

BTW Shiva is an emanation of chenrezig.
Sonam Wangchug

Post by Sonam Wangchug »

Malcolm wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:22 pm

Who are we to judge?
We, both you and I, make all kinds of judgments in this forum all the time. It is a measure of our grasping and attachment.
I guess I should have been more specific, Who are we to judge the enlightened vision of the 16th gyalwang karmapa.

But I guess if he was one of those "statue on a throne" types people might be more contented.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Sonam Wangchug wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:07 pm I guess I should have been more specific, Who are we to judge the enlightened vision of the 16th gyalwang karmapa.
You are because you judged. Your acceptance of this recognition is based in your attachment to the idea that the 16th Karmapa was omniscient. There is absolutely no authority behind your acceptance other than that you believe it, that you decided it was true. No one else decided for you it was true, you decided it was true based on your own conceptual mind.

When Buddhist grow up, they realize that there is no higher authority than their own personal opinion. Even their deference to their gurus is based solely on their own personal opinion.
Sonam Wangchug

Post by Sonam Wangchug »

Malcolm wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:15 pm
Sonam Wangchug wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:07 pm I guess I should have been more specific, Who are we to judge the enlightened vision of the 16th gyalwang karmapa.
You are because you judged. Your acceptance of this recognition is based in your attachment to the idea that the 16th Karmapa was omniscient. There is absolutely no authority behind your acceptance other than that you believe it, that you decided it was true. No one else decided for you it was true, you decided it was true based on your own conceptual mind.

When Buddhist grow up, they realize that there is no higher authority than their own personal opinion. Even their deference to their gurus is based solely on their own personal opinion.
the 16th Karmapa's omniscience is demonstrably true.
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

Malcolm wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:02 pm
Virgo wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:43 pm

Kevin
I hear they have really good weed in CO. Perhaps he is smoking Blue Buddha Bud:

Perhaps, maybe the Blue Buddha is the Medicine Buddha, or maybe it is KuntuZangpo or maybe it is SHIVA'S BLUE THROAT.

Kevin
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Sonam Wangchug wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:05 pm BTW Shiva is an emanation of chenrezig.
In your opinion.

The rest of the conversation is quite predictable.

Everything we believe is based on our own opinions merely because we decided that something was true.
Sonam Wangchug

Post by Sonam Wangchug »

Malcolm wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:20 pm
Sonam Wangchug wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:05 pm BTW Shiva is an emanation of chenrezig.
In your opinion.

The rest of the conversation is quite predictable.

Everything we believe is based on our own opinions merely because we decided that something was true.
Via the Guhyasamaja tantra.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Sonam Wangchug wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:19 pm
Malcolm wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:15 pm

the 16th Karmapa's omniscience is demonstrably true.
So you are saying that the 16th Karmapa's omniscience is demonstrably try in the same way that it is demonstrably true that two groups of two pebbles added together makes four pebbles and never five?

You are saying that it is demonstrably true the same way evolution can be mathematically proven?

You are saying is demonstrably true in the same way that gravitation is demonstrably true?

How is the 16th Karmapa's omniscience demonstrably true? Really, I am all ears.

Return to “Kagyu”