Ricky wrote: ↑
Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:47 pm
Grigoris wrote: ↑
Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:52 am
I wonder what would have happened in the U$ if slavery abolitionists had the same attitude as you?
I wonder if the holocaust would of ever happened had Hitler not taken away all guns?
Others have commented on this post, and I'd like to echo in that you really should educate yourself (desperately so). There are an almost innumerable amount of books written on all things WWII, and many are quite excellent.
To get you started:
Richard J. Evans' "The Third Reich" series:
- "The Coming of the Third Reich": https://www.amazon.com/dp/0143034693/
- "The Third Reich in Power": https://www.amazon.com/dp/0143037900/
- "The Third Reich at War": https://www.amazon.com/dp/0143116711/
- "The Third Reich in History and Memory": https://www.amazon.com/dp/0349140758/
And while there's many more books about Germany and the WWII in general, the above are an excellent introduction. Then, you cannot avoid having to look more deeply into the SS, which was instrumental in implementing the Holocaust. The following books are a must-read on the SS and the Holocaust:
- "The SS: Alibi of a Nation, 1922-1945", Reitlinger: https://www.amazon.com/dp/0306803518/
- "Anatomy of the SS State", Krausnick, Buchheim, Broszat, Jacobsen: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004SE3880/
- "The Order of the Death's Head: The Story of Hitler's SS", Höhne: https://www.amazon.com/dp/0141390123/
- "Masters of Death: The SS-Einsatzgruppen and the Invention of the Holocaust", Rhodes: https://www.amazon.com/dp/0375708227/
- "The Origins of Nazi Genocide: From Euthanasia to the Final Solution", Friedlander: https://www.amazon.com/dp/0807846759/
- "Hitler, the Germans, and the Final Solution", Kershaw: https://www.amazon.com/dp/0300151276/
- "The Origins of the Final Solution: The Evolution of Nazi Jewish Policy, September 1939-March 1942", Browning: https://www.amazon.com/dp/0803213271/
- "Final Solution: The Fate of the Jews 1933-1949", Cesarani: https://www.amazon.com/dp/1250097231/
- "The Holocaust: A New History", Rees: https://www.amazon.com/dp/1610398440/
So, now - with your aforementioned wonder - you have an excellent chance to dive into a massive and important subject. Note that the above books while excellent are not even a drop in the sea that is good books on this particular topic. Which shows how important it is. One simply cannot afford to be severely misinformed on such issues. Go visit your local library or order from Amazon.