Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

heart

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by heart »

climb-up wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:05 pm In re: Avalokiteshvara Korwa Thongtrug

In one of his books ChNN recommended using the Green Tara practice as a model for performing other practices in a lower-tantra-combined-with-higher-tantra kind of a way.
I would like to do this by including some songs of praise or chants, but can't find anything.

I have looked and have found absolutely nothing about Avalokiteshvara Korwa Thongtrug other than DC material and booklet. Is there another spelling or name that will get me some more information?
Are there any prayers or chants specifically to Avalokiteshvara Korwa Thongtrug?
Padmakara have translated the sadhana from Chokling Tersar, you can get it in their shop. DJKR have translated also the Chang Chog for the dead, not sure how you can get that without getting the empowerment from him.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
climb-up

Post by climb-up »

heart wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:49 pm

In one of his books ChNN recommended using the Green Tara practice as a model for performing other practices in a lower-tantra-combined-with-higher-tantra kind of a way.
I would like to do this by including some songs of praise or chants, but can't find anything.

I have looked and have found absolutely nothing about Avalokiteshvara Korwa Thongtrug other than DC material and booklet. Is there another spelling or name that will get me some more information?
Are there any prayers or chants specifically to Avalokiteshvara Korwa Thongtrug?
Padmakara have translated the sadhana from Chokling Tersar, you can get it in their shop. DJKR have translated also the Chang Chog for the dead, not sure how you can get that without getting the empowerment from him.

/magnus
My apologies, I'm searching and finding the name of the sadhana, and various pages come up for Padmakara translation group, but I can't find a site that has a the sadhana ("All-Pervadinging Benefit" I believe).
Would you post a link?
"Death's second name is 'omnipresent.' On the relative truth it seems we become separate. But on the absolute there is no separation." Lama Dawa
heart

Post by heart »

climb-up wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:35 pm
heart wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:49 pm

/magnus
My apologies, I'm searching and finding the name of the sadhana, and various pages come up for Padmakara translation group, but I can't find a site that has a the sadhana ("All-Pervadinging Benefit" I believe).
Would you post a link?
I have the sadhana so I know it exist, but I can't find it either now. Perhaps you can email them?

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
climb-up

Post by climb-up »

I can do that.
"Death's second name is 'omnipresent.' On the relative truth it seems we become separate. But on the absolute there is no separation." Lama Dawa
TaTa

Post by TaTa »

Are there any DC sms instructors based in india or nepal?
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Re: Shine and Contemplation

Post by Johnny Dangerous »

I have noticed that some teachers advocate finding the state of contemplation through shamatha practice via pointing out instruction...and it made me wonder about something in my own experiences.

I practice mainly with ChNN's instructions on contemplation, and consider him my root guru, but I do notice that I benefit from greatly from shine with the white A, and that weirdly, I can find the state of contemplation much quicker, and with more stability by doing this then I can with the other main method (not elucidated for obvious reasons), should I just go with this?
Meditate upon Bodhicitta when afflicted by disease

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when sad

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when suffering occurs

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when you are scared

-Khunu Lama
amanitamusc

Post by amanitamusc »

Johnny Dangerous wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:16 am I have noticed that some teachers advocate finding the state of contemplation through shamatha practice via pointing out instruction...and it made me wonder about something in my own experiences.

I practice mainly with ChNN's instructions on contemplation, and consider him my root guru, but I do notice that I benefit from greatly from shine with the white A, and that weirdly, I can find the state of contemplation much quicker, and with more stability by doing this then I can with the other main method (not elucidated for obvious reasons), should I just go with this?
Shine the experience of emptiness,no thoughts.Ati Guru Yoga is the only
practice Rinpoche insists, it is not shine.Shine is an experience that you
can recognize your true nature through.
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

amanitamusc wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:21 am
Johnny Dangerous wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:16 am I have noticed that some teachers advocate finding the state of contemplation through shamatha practice via pointing out instruction...and it made me wonder about something in my own experiences.

So basically, it can function like the semdzins in Rinpoches teachings?

For me Shine does not typically mean no thoughts, I learned a method of maintaining 20% or so on the object from my Sakya teacher, and observing phenomena with the other 80%, I find it hard to do the "triangle" shine though I do it sometimes. I guess the real question here now that I think about it is this:

How does GY (in Rinpoche's teachings, not generally of course) relate to the union of shamatha and vipaysana, if at all? What is the relationship there?

-Khunu Lama
Vasana

Post by Vasana »

JD - pm'd
'When thoughts arise, recognise them clearly as your teacher'— Gampopa
'When alone, examine your mind, when among others, examine your speech'.— Atisha
Aryjna

Post by Aryjna »

Johnny Dangerous wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:09 am

For me Shine does not typically mean no thoughts, I learned a method of maintaining 20% or so on the object from my Sakya teacher, and observing phenomena with the other 80%, I find it hard to do the "triangle" shine though I do it sometimes. I guess the real question here now that I think about it is this:

How does GY (in Rinpoche's teachings, not generally of course) relate to the union of shamatha and vipaysana, if at all? What is the relationship there?
http://shop.shangshungfoundation.com/en ... 05614.html
This book explains how to get to the union of shamatha and vipashyana through shine.
heart

Post by heart »

Johnny Dangerous wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:09 am

http://shop.shangshungfoundation.com/en ... &results=9

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

schubertian

Post by schubertian »

There is also this excellent book outlining a method for gradually cultivating Shine, Gyuwa, Stable Shine, 'Released' Shine, Contemplation, and Trekcho.

schubertian

Post by schubertian »

Aaaarrrgh - Restricted!
Consternation!!

I meant the book "An Introduction to the Practice of Contemplation
schubertian

Post by schubertian »

schubertian wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:53 pm There is also this excellent book outlining a method for gradually cultivating Shine, Gyuwa, Stable Shine, 'Released' Shine, Contemplation, and Trekcho.

Should be: "An Introduction to the Practice of Contemplation"
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Cool, I have the shine/lhagtong book, I'll check this one out.

-Khunu Lama
TaTa

Post by TaTa »

From wich cycle does avalokiteshvara korea thongtrug come drom?
amanitamusc

Post by amanitamusc »

TaTa wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:20 am From wich cycle does avalokiteshvara korea thongtrug come drom?
I don't know but its not north korea :tongue:
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

TaTa wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:20 am From wich cycle does avalokiteshvara korea thongtrug come drom?
It's a Terma of Adzom Drugpa, don't know beyond that.

-Khunu Lama
Tenma

Post by Tenma »

Does anyone have a copy of Namkhai Norbu's Chod? The Tara Mandala gave a lung of this in January, but I still don't have a copy even though I requested them(I only got Green Tara, that's it). Could anyone please send me it through PM? I cannot afford it, nor cannot buy it(under dire conditions). If this is possible, thank you.
Moha

Post by Moha »

Do these books require specific transmissions (apart from Guruyoga)?

Aryjna wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:57 am http://shop.shangshungfoundation.com/en ... 05614.html
This book explains how to get to the union of shamatha and vipashyana through shine.
heart wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:24 pm http://shop.shangshungfoundation.com/en ... &results=9

/magnus
schubertian wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:53 pm There is also this excellent book outlining a method for gradually cultivating Shine, Gyuwa, Stable Shine, 'Released' Shine, Contemplation, and Trekcho.

Return to “Dzogchen”