Text request

jet.urgyen

Text request

Post by jet.urgyen »

Hello all,

i wuld like to request this book, or where buy it,

Mindroling Manual of Vajrayana Implements and Dharma Objects (Nyagur Nyingma College, 2003)

i tryed to contact the college. this is for learning the correct way of vajrayana objects crafting.

thanks!
true dharma is inexpressible.

The bodhisattva nourishes from bodhicitta, through whatever method the Buddha has given him. Oh joy.
Norwegian

Re: Text request

Post by Norwegian »

javier.espinoza.t wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:33 am Hello all,

Mindroling Manual of Vajrayana Implements and Dharma Objects (Nyagur Nyingma College, 2003)

i tryed to contact the college. this is for learning the correct way of vajrayana objects crafting.

thanks!
I hope you know Tibetan, otherwise it'll be useless for you as it's in Tibetan only.
jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

Norwegian wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:25 am

thanks!
I hope you know Tibetan, otherwise it'll be useless for you as it's in Tibetan only.
oh, i will learn if needed.

edit: now i remember another practitione here is a translator, maybe i can pay him to give me some guidance.

The bodhisattva nourishes from bodhicitta, through whatever method the Buddha has given him. Oh joy.
Norwegian

Post by Norwegian »

javier.espinoza.t wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:23 pm

thanks!

edit: now i remember another practitione here is a translator, maybe i can pay him to give me some guidance.
Well you necessarily must learn Tibetan if you're to understand it since it's in Tibetan. Also, you will need instructions from a qualified teacher when it comes to these things so it's not only about having a text and leaving it at that. So a recommendation here might be to seek out a qualified teacher who has this kind of expertise and request instructions from them, if you have this interest.
Snowbear

Post by Snowbear »

javier.espinoza.t wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:23 pm

thanks!

You make it sound like you will be able to pick up a non-Western foreign language in a weekend or two and read the book.

May I ask what you are planning on doing with this book anyway?
jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

Norwegian wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:31 pm Well you necessarily must learn Tibetan if you're to understand it since it's in Tibetan. Also, you will need instructions from a qualified teacher when it comes to these things so it's not only about having a text and leaving it at that. So a recommendation here might be to seek out a qualified teacher who has this kind of expertise and request instructions from them, if you have this interest.
yeah, i asked my teacher but since he is a bit ill i thought might be better to start some research, and i got to know this book exists. and also yes, i would love to be guided on this but i haven't personally met another teacher that pased my examination (as i'm going serious on vajrayana).
Snowbear wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:19 pm You make it sound like you will be able to pick up a non-Western foreign language in a weekend or two and read the book.

May I ask what you are planning on doing with this book anyway?

haha yes, it might take years, but i'm thinking in long term. im looking for this book to support my endeavour on crafting ritual objects in the correct way; you see i have made myself a dadar, two kind of malas, a kangling (yes, i personally obtained it and works), and looking for where to learn wasted wax and metal casting (as i make intensive use of vajra and ghanta). i'm not in ok terms with commercial instrumets, so i want to make my own, but since there are specific instructions also i want to make it right. btw of this i don't want to make commerce. if this happen to succeed then i can give to my more serious dharma siblings.

jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

Any idea where can it be found?

pemachophel

Post by pemachophel »

if you know how to spell the tibetan title, try www.tbrc.org
Pema Chophel པདྨ་ཆོས་འཕེལ
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Post by Könchok Thrinley »

Maybe finding a tibetan lama studying/teaching at a university in your country could help. Also I bet that in DC we have some vajra brothers or sisters who know something or about some lama. Try contacting sms teachers.
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

For those who do virtuous actions,
goodness is what comes to pass.
For those who do non-virtuous actions,
that becomes suffering indeed.

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

thank's, i have sent some e-mails requesting materials.

i'm looking for a lama here in my country. thank's again :) <3

jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

got it. now comes the long road to understand it and to gather the means to craft. hope to get it in few years.

thank you all!

Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Post by Könchok Thrinley »

Good luck! Seems like a very interesting journey. Hope you go through with it. :smile:

[Mod note 2022: Topic locked due to old age.
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

For those who do virtuous actions,
goodness is what comes to pass.
For those who do non-virtuous actions,
that becomes suffering indeed.

- Arya Sanghata Sutra

Return to “Nyingma”