Padmasambhava Visualization?

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
Tenma

Padmasambhava Visualization?

Post by Tenma »

How does one visualize a universally enormous Padmamsabhava inside a tiny palace the size of a sesame seed? I can visualize a tiny Padmasmabhava in a huge palace, but not vice versa. Could someone please help in this visualization?
jet.urgyen

Re: Padmasambhava Visualization?

Post by jet.urgyen »

no limits, that's the point
true dharma is inexpressible.

The bodhisattva nourishes from bodhicitta, through whatever method the Buddha has given him. Oh joy.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Tenma wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:07 pm How does one visualize a universally enormous Padmamsabhava inside a tiny palace the size of a sesame seed? I can visualize a tiny Padmasmabhava in a huge palace, but not vice versa. Could someone please help in this visualization?
Same way you visualize s universe in an atom
tingdzin

Post by tingdzin »

Javier is right -- the poin tis to transcend habitual limits of spatial relationships. In the end, though, like all of real vajrayana, i thas to be understood through practice rather than by philosophical or rational means.
climb-up

Post by climb-up »

Don't worry about him being "universally enormous."

I remember being hung up at times about certain tiny visualizations, and my problems ended being just conceptual. Actually doing the visualizations solved any problems and answered any questions.
"Death's second name is 'omnipresent.' On the relative truth it seems we become separate. But on the absolute there is no separation." Lama Dawa
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

DJKR often talks about this point using the "Hindu" example of Ganesh's mount being a mouse, see e.g.
http://dzongsar.justdharma.com/2012/01/ ... this-life/
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche
Kris

Post by Kris »

From a sutra:
  • Whoever imagines the Buddha,
    The Muni will be there in front of them.
The profound path of the master.
-- Virūpa, Vajra Lines
PSM

Post by PSM »

How big is a visualisation anyway?
lelopa

Post by lelopa »

Tenma wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:07 pm How does one visualize a universally enormous Padmamsabhava inside a tiny palace the size of a sesame seed? I can visualize a tiny Padmasmabhava in a huge palace, but not vice versa. Could someone please help in this visualization?
try to reflect like a mirror:
in a small mirror you can see a whole landscape -
the landscape doesn't become smaller.
Lost In Transmission
jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

did you succed?
true dharma is inexpressible.

The bodhisattva nourishes from bodhicitta, through whatever method the Buddha has given him. Oh joy.

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”