Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Lukeinaz

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by Lukeinaz »

Dorje Shedrub wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:19 pm My hard drive was accidentally erased and I lost many files :-( . Does anyone have an mp3 of a community ganapuja that they could send to me? I want to use it for solo practice. I have the Ritual melodies CD, but I want one with community singing, preferably using instruments. If you do, please send me a pm. Thank you.

+Long life to Rinpoche+
SSI replaced all my files that I had purchased from them when my computer crashed. You may want to send them a message.
Vasana

Post by Vasana »

Kunga Lhadzom wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:08 pm
Josef wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:47 pm If he gave it and you were there or via webcast it counts.
Ok...but do you ALSO need the TRANSMISSION (Lung) to read the book ?? :roll eye:

I found this too :

https://www.dzogchen.org.au/faq.html
Can anyone confirm for Kunga Lhadzom if he/she is able to read the semde book, Shine and Lhagtong in the Dzogchen teachings?

I think this particular book is Ok to read after D.I but maybe someone else knows 100%?
'When thoughts arise, recognise them clearly as your teacher'— Gampopa
'When alone, examine your mind, when among others, examine your speech'.— Atisha
Spelare

Post by Spelare »

In The Precious Vase Rinpoche recommends that, if the circumstances are there to practice Mahayoga, "we should engage in the stages of kyerim and dzogrim on the basis of the original texts of the Guhyagarbha Tantra and in conclusion integrate the final accomplishment of these teo stages in the state of Rigpa of Total Perfection."

I understand that the Guhyagarbha Tantra is held in especially high regard, and was important in the development of Nyingma practice, but can we get the same benefit from practicing Mahayoga according to a different text, e.g. from the Chokling Tersar?
Neither person nor skandha
but unstained wisdom is buddha.
In its knowing, ever serene—
I go for refuge therein.
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Post by Könchok Thrinley »

Spelare wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 12:14 pm In The Precious Vase Rinpoche recommends that, if the circumstances are there to practice Mahayoga, "we should engage in the stages of kyerim and dzogrim on the basis of the original texts of the Guhyagarbha Tantra and in conclusion integrate the final accomplishment of these teo stages in the state of Rigpa of Total Perfection."

I understand that the Guhyagarbha Tantra is held in especially high regard, and was important in the development of Nyingma practice, but can we get the same benefit from practicing Mahayoga according to a different text, e.g. from the Chokling Tersar?
Yes of course. I do not see any reason why not. The main benefit is a liberation. Also you will get the taste of how mahayoga works with any sadhana of mahayoga. But I am quite uneducated so maybe someone else might have more insight.
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

For those who do virtuous actions,
goodness is what comes to pass.
For those who do non-virtuous actions,
that becomes suffering indeed.

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
Aryjna

Post by Aryjna »

Spelare wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 12:14 pm but can we get the same benefit from practicing Mahayoga according to a different text, e.g. from the Chokling Tersar?
It is mentioned in the previous section.
moonbun

Post by moonbun »

Hello. I had the good fortune of watching the Ati Yoga Teachings webcast this January 1st. I checked the transmissions listed, and it was amazing to see there was a lot there. Were they all given at that day, even chod?

I wasn't able to follow the webcast very well since my connection randomly lagged. I had to switch to the audio version just to stay with the streaming. Can I still start my practice despite that?
Josef

Post by Josef »

Vasana wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:24 pm
Kunga Lhadzom wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:08 pm
Josef wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:47 pm If he gave it and you were there or via webcast it counts.
Ok...but do you ALSO need the TRANSMISSION (Lung) to read the book ?? :roll eye:

I found this too :

https://www.dzogchen.org.au/faq.html
Can anyone confirm for Kunga Lhadzom if he/she is able to read the semde book, Shine and Lhagtong in the Dzogchen teachings?

I think this particular book is Ok to read after D.I but maybe someone else knows 100%?
Yes, 100% yes.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
A Ah Sha Sa Ma Ha

Post by A Ah Sha Sa Ma Ha »

31945964_10214674541955982_6111280086118301696_o.jpg

I got it a few days ago :thumbsup:
Lukeinaz

Post by Lukeinaz »

Enjoy!
Vasana

Post by Vasana »

Kunga Lhadzom wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 5:45 pm 31945964_10214674541955982_6111280086118301696_o.jpg

I got it a few days ago :thumbsup:
:reading:
'When thoughts arise, recognise them clearly as your teacher'— Gampopa
'When alone, examine your mind, when among others, examine your speech'.— Atisha
A Ah Sha Sa Ma Ha

Lukeinaz wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 6:48 pmEnjoy!

Yes...I'm almost done...had so many distractions from the time i got it...it's not a lot of reading...but it is like meditation to read...and i never rush into thongs..just tale my time...lol

but i love the mindset of shine & lhagthong :heart:
it FEELS natural to me...i get into that space when i write poetry..
A Ah Sha Sa Ma Ha

Vasana wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 6:52 pm
:reading:
:bow:
jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

moonbun wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 4:31 pm Hello. I had the good fortune of watching the Ati Yoga Teachings webcast this January 1st. I checked the transmissions listed, and it was amazing to see there was a lot there. Were they all given at that day, even chod?

I wasn't able to follow the webcast very well since my connection randomly lagged. I had to switch to the audio version just to stay with the streaming. Can I still start my practice despite that?
Yes, there was the IDC chod lung transmision.

I don't know, have you heard the entire lung?
true dharma is inexpressible.

The bodhisattva nourishes from bodhicitta, through whatever method the Buddha has given him. Oh joy.
moonbun

Post by moonbun »

javier.espinoza.t wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 10:37 am
moonbun wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 4:31 pm Hello. I had the good fortune of watching the Ati Yoga Teachings webcast this January 1st. I checked the transmissions listed, and it was amazing to see there was a lot there. Were they all given at that day, even chod?

That's what I'm unsure about. Sorry, my hearing isn't that good. At which part was it given? During the middle? There were some delays on the webcast, and I was able to view it despite that until the connection got bad in the last few minutes that I switched to audio streaming to complete the streaming.
jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

moonbun wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 1:53 pm

That's what I'm unsure about. Sorry, my hearing isn't that good. At which part was it given? During the middle? There were some delays on the webcast, and I was able to view it despite that until the connection got bad in the last few minutes that I switched to audio streaming to complete the streaming.
do you rememeber more or less wich lung whas befor and after you changed from video to audio webcast?

The bodhisattva nourishes from bodhicitta, through whatever method the Buddha has given him. Oh joy.
Norwegian

Post by Norwegian »

Tenerife, 8th of May, 2018

Dear all,

This morning we took Rinpoche to the clinic because we noticed that he had a little bit of fever, apart from which He was good. At the clinic doctors have found that the fever was cuased by an urinary infection.

Rinpoche stayed at the clinic, as tomorrow morning He will undergo routine analysis.

Rinpoche is in good mood, He rests and overall He is fine, but needs to cure this infection.

Best wishes and thank you all for your loving messages that tomorrow morning we will be able to tell Him.

Rinpoche's family and Dzamling Gar Gakyil
jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

Norwegian wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 12:37 am
Tenerife, 8th of May, 2018

Dear all,

This morning we took Rinpoche to the clinic because we noticed that he had a little bit of fever, apart from which He was good. At the clinic doctors have found that the fever was cuased by an urinary infection.

Rinpoche stayed at the clinic, as tomorrow morning He will undergo routine analysis.

Rinpoche is in good mood, He rests and overall He is fine, but needs to cure this infection.

Best wishes and thank you all for your loving messages that tomorrow morning we will be able to tell Him.

Rinpoche's family and Dzamling Gar Gakyil
thank's for the update

moonbun

Post by moonbun »

javier.espinoza.t wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 11:03 pm

do you rememeber more or less wich lung whas befor and after you changed from video to audio webcast?
According to my notes, I viewed the lung for the naga invitation, and offering, until the lung for a mantra with a 'dakini ah hung' before I had to switch to the audio stream. I wasn't able to write down the mantras completely since I'm unfamiliar with them. I only recognized Green Tara, and Medicine Buddha.

Sorry for the trouble, javier.espinoza.t. I'm not a native English-speaker so I sometimes have trouble understanding spoken English words. I'm still grateful, for this was a tough, but rewarding experience since I was able to have the opportunity to receive Chogyal Namkhai Norbu's teachings despite my condition.
jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

moonbun wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 8:15 am
javier.espinoza.t wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 11:03 pm

According to my notes, I viewed the lung for the naga invitation, and offering, until the lung for a mantra with a 'dakini ah hung' before I had to switch to the audio stream. I wasn't able to write down the mantras completely since I'm unfamiliar with them. I only recognized Green Tara, and Medicine Buddha.

Sorry for the trouble, javier.espinoza.t. I'm not a native English-speaker so I sometimes have trouble understanding spoken English words. I'm still grateful, for this was a tough, but rewarding experience since I was able to have the opportunity to receive Chogyal Namkhai Norbu's teachings despite my condition.
don't worry.

now, i have a record of the lungs given in that retreat but my internet is not the fastest :rolling: be patient

Aryjna

Post by Aryjna »

Does someone know if the Mandarava initiation that ChNNR gave in the last Mandarava drubchen was a tonwang? Or, if not, what was it?

Return to “Dzogchen”