Dungsey Shenphen Dawa Norbu Rinpoche entered into Parinirvana

thogme19

Dungsey Shenphen Dawa Norbu Rinpoche entered into Parinirvana

Post by thogme19 »

"Today at 12.2am our father Dungsey Shenphen Dawa Norbu Rinpoche entered into Parinirvana.
At the moment Rinpoche is in a state of Thukdam at Orgyen Cho Dzong.

Our family is grateful for your prayers and love ."

https://www.facebook.com/namgyaldawarimpoche
Grigoris
Former staff member

Re: Dungsey Shenphen Dawa Norbu Rinpoche entered into Parinirvana

Post by Grigoris »

OM AMI DEWA HRIH
namo-amitabha-buddha-40-lanjee-chee.jpg
namo-amitabha-buddha-40-lanjee-chee.jpg (252.45 KiB) Viewed 6151 times
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
Quay

Post by Quay »

When a great and realized Buddhist master enters Parinirvana it is a cause for rejoicing. When a great teacher and father does so it can be a cause for great sorrow. When these two are the same person it depends on your own view. May all be blessed. 🙏🌷🌷
"Knowledge is as infinite as the stars in the sky;
There is no end to all the subjects one could study.
It is better to grasp straight away their very essence--
The unchanging fortress of the Dharmakaya."

– Longchenpa.
chimechodra

Post by chimechodra »

I was lucky to have had several encounters when I was living in NYC with His Holiness. Extremely kind and generous, with an unbelievable presence. He gave me my bodhisattva vows and the lung for the ngondro, which I'm still working on two years later. Tremendous loss for the dharma, but I am sure that his mind is beyond the limits of space and time and will continue to benefit beings in infinite ways.
Thomas Amundsen

Post by Thomas Amundsen »

oṃ āḥ hūṃ vajra guru padma siddhi hūṃ
tingdzin

Post by tingdzin »

An authentic and sometimes underestimated teacher in whom the warm breath of the dakinis circulated; when you received teachings from him you knew you were getting the real thing. Another huge loss to sentient beings.
Rangdrol

Post by Rangdrol »

I too received the rLung for the ngondro from him, some ngondro teachings, and he also was part of the Putri Rekphung empowerment given by the Bhutanese Dudjom Yangsi last year. He had a magnificent presence and seemed warm and funny. When in the room with him, there was no question that one was in the presence of a Dzogchen master.
Quay

Post by Quay »

News from Rinpoche's Sangha and events in upstate New York at Orgyen Chö Dzong:

"Beginning tomorrow, Tuesday, April 17, we will be observing 49 days of Kather Dorsem puja for His Holiness Dungse Shenphen Dawa Norbu Rinpoche’s Parinirvana at Orgyen Chö Dzong - 5345 Route 81, Greenville, NY."

They will be daily practices of Riwo Sang Chö, Calling the Lama From Afar, Short Ngondro, Vajrasattva, and Kather Dorsem.

Anyone planning to attend should contact them first to RSVP and find out further information. Also:

"If you cannot attend in person, a wonderful way to participate is by contributing a donation for tsok, which you can do through PayPal at this link: http://www.tersar.org/long-life-fund/ "
"Knowledge is as infinite as the stars in the sky;
There is no end to all the subjects one could study.
It is better to grasp straight away their very essence--
The unchanging fortress of the Dharmakaya."

– Longchenpa.
Adamantine
Former staff member

Post by Adamantine »

Here’s a link to his swift rebirth prayer composed by Dudjom Yangsi Sangye Pema Shepa Rinpoche:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 107&type=3
Contentment is the ultimate wealth;
Detachment is the final happiness. ~Sri Saraha
Wicked Yeshe

Post by Wicked Yeshe »

May all be happy.
Adamantine
Former staff member

Post by Adamantine »

Update: Kyabje Shenphen Dawa Norbu Rinpoche remained
in the state of post-death meditation known as tukdam between 9 and 10 consecutive days at the Orgyen Chö Dzong retreat center. (Not sure of the exact time he left the state of tukdam so will update once that’s clarified) Now that his meditation is over his kudung (sacred body) is open to those with devotion to visit, make offerings to, and receive blessings from starting this weekend. From his son Namgay Dawa Rinpoche on Facebook:
Kudung Jalka of Our father Dungsey Shenphen Rinpoche ( To pay Respects to the holy body) is open to the public from this Saturday until the 14th of May .
The Kudung ( Holy Body) has been placed in the Private Temple.
The Shung Be~l~ ( Cremation ) will take place on the 15th of May .

Daily Prayers will continue till the 49th day here at Orgyen Cho Dzong.
Adamantine
Former staff member

Post by Adamantine »

From Namgay Dawa Rimpoche:

Please Share The Following Announcement~

On the Tenth Day of the Fourth Tibetan Horse Month ~ Guru Rinpoche Day.
Thursday May 24th 2018.

The Tsebul / MaeChoe/ Cremation of the Kudung ( body) of Dungsey Shenphen Dawa Norbu will take Place at our Retreat Center in Up State New York at Urgyen Cho Dzong .
Everyone is welcome to attend to pay their Respects.

Daily Kather Dorsem and prayers will continue till the 2nd of June . 10 am to 12 pm and 2.30 pm to 6pm .

As of now the time on the Cremation Day has been set for
9am to 12 pm
and then
from 2 pm to 6 pm .
These times may change.
We will update you if changes are made to the hours .

For inquiries ~

Bhutanese , Tibetan and Nepalese please contact .

Lama Pema Tsering at 6464684322.

For American and International inquiries please contact

Lama Rangbar. at 201-210-9585‬.
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

I attended one of the daily tsoks and it was a very nice experience.

Kevin :namaste:
chimechodra

Post by chimechodra »

According to Tulku Namgyal Dawa Rinpoche's facebook, H.H Dudjom Sangye Pema Shepa Rinpoche (the Tibetan yangsi) will be presiding over the cremation ceremonies at Orgyen Cho Dzong. I'm not sure if he's ever visited the United States before, but in any case this is incredibly auspicious.
Josef

Post by Josef »

chimechodra wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 5:55 pm According to Tulku Namgyal Dawa Rinpoche's facebook, H.H Dudjom Sangye Pema Shepa Rinpoche (the Tibetan yangsi) will be presiding over the cremation ceremonies at Orgyen Cho Dzong. I'm not sure if he's ever visited the United States before, but in any case this is incredibly auspicious.
He has been here before.
It is quite auspicious indeed.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
chimechodra

Post by chimechodra »

Josef wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 6:19 pm
chimechodra wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 5:55 pm According to Tulku Namgyal Dawa Rinpoche's facebook, H.H Dudjom Sangye Pema Shepa Rinpoche (the Tibetan yangsi) will be presiding over the cremation ceremonies at Orgyen Cho Dzong. I'm not sure if he's ever visited the United States before, but in any case this is incredibly auspicious.
He has been here before.
Really? Any idea when this happened? I have met the Bhutanese Yangsi in NY before when he was here a little over a year ago, but I've never heard of the Tibetan Yangsi visiting before.
Sonam Wangchug

Post by Sonam Wangchug »

It will be the Tibetan Dudjom yangsi Sangye pema zhepa rinpoche's first time visiting the united states.

There were plans for him to come a a few years ago, however, Chadral rinpoche had suddenly became ill, so Rinpoche curtailed his plans and did longevity pujas for him at Maratika.

It is certainly a wonderful Tendrel that he is able to make it to the cremation.

NY is indeed a very blessed area for the Dudjom tersar.

May it be the first of many.
"To have confidence in the teacher is the ultimate refuge." -Rigzin Jigme Lingpa
Josef

Post by Josef »

chimechodra wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 10:27 pm
Josef wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 6:19 pm
He has been here before.
Really? Any idea when this happened? I have met the Bhutanese Yangsi in NY before when he was here a little over a year ago, but I've never heard of the Tibetan Yangsi visiting before.
I was mistaken. I was thinking of the Bhutanese yangsi.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa

Return to “Nyingma”