Online Ngondro programs

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
Aryjna

Online Ngondro programs

Post by Aryjna »

I already know of the programs by Chokyi Nyima Rinpoche (though not really a ngondro program as it is much longer and includes other things), and Mingyur Rinpoche. I was wondering if there are also other good ngondro programs of this kind.
dzogchungpa

Re: Online Ngondro programs

Post by dzogchungpa »

I think you can do most of this program: https://dudjomtersarngondro.com/ online.
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche
Aryjna

Post by Aryjna »

dzogchungpa wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:53 pm I think you can do most of this program: https://dudjomtersarngondro.com/ online.
Ah yes, I saw that earlier, thanks. By online I mean some kind of online support, not necessarily practicing at the computer like with Tara's Triple Excellence.
deff

Post by deff »

There is also ngondrogar which is a project of Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche - I'm not sure about the details and if they are still accepting new students, but here is the site: http://www.ngondrogar.org/en/registration/overview
heart

Post by heart »

Aryjna wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:46 pm I already know of the programs by Chokyi Nyima Rinpoche (though not really a ngondro program as it is much longer and includes other things), and Mingyur Rinpoche. I was wondering if there are also other good ngondro programs of this kind.
There is a Ngondro in the Tripple Excellence program. It comes before the Highest Yoga Tantra practice.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
heart

Post by heart »

deff wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:33 pm There is also ngondrogar which is a project of Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche - I'm not sure about the details and if they are still accepting new students, but here is the site: http://www.ngondrogar.org/en/registration/overview
This is also a very good program, I recommend it.

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Sonam Wangchug

Post by Sonam Wangchug »

Which Ngondro are you looking to practice?
"To have confidence in the teacher is the ultimate refuge." -Rigzin Jigme Lingpa
Aryjna

Post by Aryjna »

deff wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:33 pm There is also ngondrogar which is a project of Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche - I'm not sure about the details and if they are still accepting new students, but here is the site: http://www.ngondrogar.org/en/registration/overview
Thanks, this looks interesting, though there are not really any details on how it works exactly. I suppose there is just material available online and you can communicate with others.
heart wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:51 am There is a Ngondro in the Tripple Excellence program. It comes before the Highest Yoga Tantra practice.
/magnus
Yes, I meant that it also has many other things. I did the first part of the program last year. I am considering continuing, but I am not sure as I don't really like having to practice along with the computer, wearing headphones etc. Another factor is that the second excellence is extremely long, though that is not necessarily bad.
Aryjna

Post by Aryjna »

Sonam Wangchug wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:05 am Which Ngondro are you looking to practice?
I have not decided yet. Ideally a nyingma ngondro but it depends more on the circumstances.
heart

Post by heart »

Aryjna wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:46 am
Thanks, this looks interesting, though there are not really any details on how it works exactly. I suppose there is just material available online and you can communicate with others.
No, there are also webinars and instructors you can email.
heart wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:51 am There is a Ngondro in the Tripple Excellence program. It comes before the Highest Yoga Tantra practice.
/magnus
Yes, I meant that it also has many other things. I did the first part of the program last year. I am considering continuing, but I am not sure as I don't really like having to practice along with the computer, wearing headphones etc. Another factor is that the second excellence is extremely long, though that is not necessarily bad.
Yes, I felt the same (computer and headphones), but I have many friends that do this program and they say it gets very good.

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

Aryjna

Post by Aryjna »

heart wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:41 am
/magnus
Yes, I felt the same (computer and headphones), but I have many friends that do this program and they say it gets very good.

/magnus
I may continue with this program, but I'm not sure yet. I hope I will be able to attend a retreat with Chokyi Nyima Rinpoche this summer.
heart

Post by heart »

Aryjna wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:25 pm

/magnus
I may continue with this program, but I'm not sure yet. I hope I will be able to attend a retreat with Chokyi Nyima Rinpoche this summer.
I will be in Austria in the beginning of August for the retreat there.

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

Aryjna

Post by Aryjna »

heart wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:47 pm

/magnus

/magnus
If all goes well, I want to attend the UK retreat. It seems there is already a detailed schedule for Austria but not for the UK.
philji

Post by philji »

Aryjna wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:57 pm

/magnus
If all goes well, I want to attend the UK retreat. It seems there is already a detailed schedule for Austria but not for the UK.
In UK Chokyi Nyima Rinpoche will teach on the text by Karma Chagme" Union of mahamudra and dzogchen"also on The Aspiration prayer of Samantabhadra as well as giving a number of empowerments(also refuge).
With regards to online ngondro, Phakchok Rinpoche does the following course.
https://samyeinstitute.org/course/tukdr ... undations/
Aryjna

Post by Aryjna »

philji wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:14 pm

/magnus
In UK Chokyi Nyima Rinpoche will teach on the text by Karma Chagme" Union of mahamudra and dzogchen"also on The Aspiration prayer of Samantabhadra as well as giving a number of empowerments(also refuge).
Thanks, this looks good too.

I have read the general information about the retreat, but I meant a more detailed schedule like on the Gomde Austria website.
philji

Post by philji »

Aryjna wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:25 pm

I have read the general information about the retreat, but I meant a more detailed schedule like on the Gomde Austria website.
Having attended Chokyi Nyima's retreats every year at Gomde UK I would think that the program will be very similar.
A morning program of meditation
Rinpoche will teach every morninv.
Lama Tenzin or Lama Oser will teach in afternoon.
possibly evening practice.

... There will be a one day Ngakso puja and Rinpoche will somehow have to manifest some free time for empowerment.
All in all... a packed program..... well worth attending.
Aryjna

Post by Aryjna »

philji wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:31 pm
Aryjna wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:25 pm

Having attended Chokyi Nyima's retreats every year at Gomde UK I would think that the program will be very similar.
A morning program of meditation
Rinpoche will teach every morninv.
Lama Tenzin or Lama Oser will teach in afternoon.
possibly evening practice.

... There will be a one day Ngakso puja and Rinpoche will somehow have to manifest some free time for empowerment.
All in all... a packed program..... well worth attending.
:D Sounds good.
Terma

Post by Terma »

Aryjna wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:46 am Yes, I meant that it also has many other things. I did the first part of the program last year. I am considering continuing, but I am not sure as I don't really like having to practice along with the computer, wearing headphones etc. Another factor is that the second excellence is extremely long, though that is not necessarily bad.
PM'd...
yagmort

Post by yagmort »

on ngondrogar site there is a comparison of topics for longchen nyingthig and chetsün nyingthig ngöndros.

what i found intriguing is that chetsün nyingthig one has different set of preliminary thoughts:

1. Impermanence
2. Deceptive nature of pleasure
3. Futility of our projects
4. Futility of life in general
5. The irreversibility of liberation
6. The value of the guru's instruction
7. Training in non-thought samadhi

frankly, i feel that these thoughts click with me much better than more common ones (precious human rebirth, impermanence, karma, suffering of samsara), especially 2,3,4. i don't know if it's ok to ask as i don't have wang/lung for chetsün nyingthig ngöndro, but i'd like to know more about that. is it possible to share the part of chetsün nyingthig ngöndro about these thoughts without samaya violation (or the whole text)?
stay open, spread love
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

yagmort wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:14 pm on ngondrogar site there is a comparison of topics for longchen nyingthig and chetsün nyingthig ngöndros.

what i found intriguing is that chetsün nyingthig one has different set of preliminary thoughts:

1. Impermanence
2. Deceptive nature of pleasure
3. Futility of our projects
4. Futility of life in general
5. The irreversibility of liberation
6. The value of the guru's instruction
7. Training in non-thought samadhi

frankly, i feel that these thoughts click with me much better than more common ones (precious human rebirth, impermanence, karma, suffering of samsara), especially 2,3,4. i don't know if it's ok to ask as i don't have wang/lung for chetsün nyingthig ngöndro, but i'd like to know more about that. is it possible to share the part of chetsün nyingthig ngöndro about these thoughts without samaya violation (or the whole text)?
Cartland Dahl translated Jigme lingpa commentary on these.

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”