Thoughts on Dzogchen without buddhism?

dzogchungpa

Re: Thoughts on Dzogchen without buddhism?

Post by dzogchungpa »

Mantrik wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:02 pm
Grigoris wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:01 am People. I think we have solved the "preliminaries" issue. It is off-topic anyway, so back to the topic please.

:focus:
Apparently not.

Maybe if we tried 'Post-DI-minaries' ?

Now you're just being ri-DI-culous.

:focus:
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

Lingpupa wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:04 am I know this is only part of the way back to the original topic, but I wanted to share this: a bit of digging turns up strong evidence (I'd put it at 98% confidence) that "omega point" is a pen name for one Daniel Ingram.

Make of it what you will.
I had never heard of him, so thank you for identifying him, otherwise I might never have known that there are people around who publish things like this:
...Pokémon, having a vast range of personalities, spiritual, elemental, and Magickal qualities, basically represented a ready-made tantric palate for our time. ... as tantric entities, Pokémon should be related to skillfully, ethically, properly, respectfully, as one would with a tantric deity, dakini, bodhisattva, or Buddha.
DewachenVagabond

Post by DewachenVagabond »

I know others have already said as much, but this Omega Point person certainly shouldn't be anyone's primary source on Dzogchen. Based on what has been posted here and on this reddit post, there are just a lot of red flags. A lot of Omega Point's stuff seems to just be written to confuse--it kind of makes me think they might just be a troll. That, or they almost sound a little crazy or unstable. They definitely don't seem trustworthy.
:bow: :buddha1: :bow: :anjali: :meditate:
Natan

Post by Natan »

Here we go back on topic. Dzogchen without Buddhism, without an unbroken lineage of realization, transmission and practice is populated by demons and will break your heart, your mind and ruin your life.
Vajra fangs deliver vajra venom to your Mara body.
Norwegian

Post by Norwegian »

Crazywisdom wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:55 am Here we go back on topic. Dzogchen without Buddhism, without an unbroken lineage of realization, transmission and practice is populated by demons and will break your heart, your mind and ruin your life.
Correct. And like the saying goes, the road to hell is paved with good intentions. People like this "Omega Point" and so many others like this, are leading people astray.
amanitamusc

Post by amanitamusc »

Omega pointed head could be tied in with the 1971 hit movie starring chuck heston "The Omega Man"?
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Crazywisdom wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:55 am Here we go back on topic. Dzogchen without Buddhism, without an unbroken lineage of realization, transmission and practice is populated by demons and will break your heart, your mind and ruin your life.
Or it is a car without an engine.
Drenpa

Post by Drenpa »

Malcolm wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:40 pm
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

Drenpa wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:46 am

:good:
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Drenpa wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:46 am
Malcolm wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:40 pm
The interesting thing about the flintstone's car is that there is nothing to prevent the rear roller from falling of the frame...kind of like Dzogchen without Buddhism...
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

Malcolm wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:47 pm
The interesting thing about the flintstone's car is that there is nothing to prevent the rear roller from falling of the frame...kind of like Dzogchen without Buddhism...
Good observation.

Kevin...
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

After three attempts to keep the discussion on topic, I have decided to take away the toys.
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde

Return to “Dzogchen”