Chokyi Nyima Rinpoche - online seminar on the "Union of Dzogchen & Mahamudra"

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
PSM

Chokyi Nyima Rinpoche - online seminar on the "Union of Dzogchen & Mahamudra"

Post by PSM »

Just got this email about a great online seminar with Chokyi Nyima Rinpoche, looks like a fantastic opportunity!:

Dear Sangha!

Chokyi Nyima Rinpoche has begun his Summer 2018 Teaching Tour. For those unable to attend, Rinpoche kindly agreed to make the teachings offered at Gomde Germany-Austria available online in their entirety for students all around the world.

Rinpoche will base his teachings on The Union of Mahamudra and Dzogchen, a renowned poetic composition by the 17th century meditation master, Karma Chagmé. The text comprises 8 spiritual songs explicitly highlighting the timeless practice instructions of both Mahamudra ─ the Great Seal ─ and Dzogchen ─ the Great Perfection.

Online Seminar:
There will be English and German translation available. For more information please visit
DharmaSun.org/seminars/

Live-streaming:
To link the greatest number of people possible with the precious Dharma, the first three days of the seminar will be Rinpoche’s personal gift to you! They will be live streamed via Facebook and simultaneously on DharmaSun.org, both without any registration required! (Live streaming will start on 4th August, around 9:30 a.m. CET)

This seminar offers a unique opportunity for students of all levels ─ from beginners to advanced practitioners ─ to receive a series of truly profound teachings. We would therefore ask that you share this notice with all those who might be interested to join us either online or in person.

Your DharmaSun Team
Kris

Re: Chokyi Nyima Rinpoche - online seminar on the "Union of Dzogchen & Mahamudra"

Post by Kris »

Thanks for sharing! :twothumbsup:
The profound path of the master.
-- Virūpa, Vajra Lines
jet.urgyen

Re: Chokyi Nyima Rinpoche - online seminar on the "Union of Dzogchen & Mahamudra"

Post by jet.urgyen »

Thank you! the topic is really interesting to me. should i prepare my self with any reading?
true dharma is inexpressible.

The bodhisattva nourishes from bodhicitta, through whatever method the Buddha has given him. Oh joy.
PSM

Post by PSM »

javier.espinoza.t wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:54 pm Thank you! the topic is really interesting to me. should i prepare my self with any reading?
Well, this is the obvious choice: Union of Mahamudra and Dzogchen by Chokyi Nyima Rinpoche
jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

PSM wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:09 pm
javier.espinoza.t wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:54 pm Thank you! the topic is really interesting to me. should i prepare my self with any reading?
Well, this is the obvious choice: Union of Mahamudra and Dzogchen by Chokyi Nyima Rinpoche
hahaha that will do :rolling:
true dharma is inexpressible.

The bodhisattva nourishes from bodhicitta, through whatever method the Buddha has given him. Oh joy.
PSM

Post by PSM »

Bumping the thread as it looks like this will be going live pretty soon.
amanitamusc

Post by amanitamusc »

A little less choppy on Dharma sun site.
treehuggingoctopus

Post by treehuggingoctopus »

Thanks!
Générosité de l’invisible.
Notre gratitude est infinie.
Le critère est l’hospitalité.

Edmond Jabès
amanitamusc

Post by amanitamusc »

treehuggingoctopus wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:41 am Thanks!
Ihre Begrüßung
amanitamusc

Post by amanitamusc »

das ist wunderbar!jetzt weniger abgehackt!
Kaung

Post by Kaung »

Amazing...just amazing!Highly recommend it :twothumbsup:
amanitamusc

Post by amanitamusc »

I would like to meet this Lama. :twothumbsup:
PSM

Post by PSM »

amanitamusc wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:47 am I would like to meet this Lama. :twothumbsup:
Chokyi Nyima Rinpoche is one of the greatest living masters, so that's a great idea. *Incredibly* kind and very good at teaching all different types of dharma.
Kaung

Post by Kaung »

amanitamusc wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:47 am I would like to meet this Lama. :twothumbsup:
Get pointing out instructions from him! :thumbsup:
Kaung

Post by Kaung »

PSM wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:33 pm
Chokyi Nyima Rinpoche is one of the greatest living masters, so that's a great idea. *Incredibly* kind and very good at teaching all different types of dharma.
That I would agree 100%.
philji

Post by philji »

Don't know how people feel about this electronic ebook site but here it is...
http://b-ok.xyz/book/965843/4a67ad
Aryjna

Post by Aryjna »

I read the root text some time ago, and it is a very interesting book, planning to read the commentary too sometime soon. There are also clarifications on things that have been discussed on this forum recently. For example, about whether it is good to receive teachings from many different masters or only one there is this verse (though I suppose it is a bit open to interpretation):

It is necessary to focus your mind on one single and sufficient master,
If you are to be his chief disciple.
But if you wish to have the virtues of experience and realization dawn within you,
It is more profound to combine all the teachers you have met into one,
And to visualize him as the Buddha resting on your crown and to supplicate him.
Terma

Post by Terma »

I had the good fortune to finally make a personal connection with Rinpoche during a teaching last summer. We spoke for a few minutes and for me it was a pretty powerful experience. I feel so fortunate to have the merit to meet with authentic teachers such as this.

Keep making those aspirations!
dharmafootsteps

Post by dharmafootsteps »

Really enjoying this.

Recordings of yesterday are up on Dharma Sun for anyone who missed it.

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”