Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Aryjna

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by Aryjna »

I don't see how sales may not diminish and eventually completely stop, unless someone continues the transmission. Almost everything in shangshung is restricted and requires a transmission from ChNNR.
Mantrik
Former staff member

Post by Mantrik »

amanitamusc wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:29 am
Mantrik wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:59 am

At the moment, the DC is supposed to be silently contemplating rather than launching into this kind of thing. Once the DC has a strong direction the membership will follow and so will the income stream for publications, costing and pricing strategies etc. They clearly need help, but this is a 'cart before the horse' situation.
SSI thought it appropriate.So they obviously need sales now.You have been posting on
other threads often enough so ride behind the cart and keep being the silence cop.
No idea what that means. You need to read the advice more carefully.

However, since SSI issued the request for a period of silence and SS Publications now issues this, it points even more to the need for unity.

Matters of succession, leadership, strategy, financial and operational planning are inextricable so their announcement is meaningless and should not have been made now.
http://www.khyung.com ཁྲོཾ

Om Thathpurushaya Vidhmahe
Suvarna Pakshaya Dheemahe
Thanno Garuda Prachodayath

Micchāmi Dukkaḍaṃ (मिच्छामि दुक्कडम्)
amanitamusc

Post by amanitamusc »

Mantrik wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:41 am
Mantrik wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:59 am

At the moment, the DC is supposed to be silently contemplating rather than launching into this kind of thing. Once the DC has a strong direction the membership will follow and so will the income stream for publications, costing and pricing strategies etc. They clearly need help, but this is a 'cart before the horse' situation.
SSI thought it appropriate.So they obviously need sales now.You have been posting on
other threads often enough so ride behind the cart and keep being the silence cop.

However, since SSI issued the request for a period of silence and SS Publications now issues this, it points even more to the need for unity.

Matters of succession, leadership, strategy, financial and operational planning are inextricable so their announcement is meaningless and should not have been made now.
You should email them and give a gentle reprimand and remind them who you are.
Mantrik
Former staff member

Post by Mantrik »

amanitamusc wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:43 am

This is the DC thread. Your 'banter' is inappropriate to the place and the time.

amanitamusc

Post by amanitamusc »

Mantrik wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:06 am

This is the DC thread. Your 'banter' is inappropriate to the place and the time.
Relax.
Moha

Post by Moha »

Mods, please delete my previous post. It was a mistake on my part to post this here as it's clearly a cause of discomfort and anxiety. The last thing I want is to be the source of discord among vajra siblings. Apologies to everyone for this. Tonnes of Vajrasattva purification for me the next few days. Time for me to go silent for a while.
:|
amanitamusc

Post by amanitamusc »

Ignorant_Fool wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:35 pm Mods, please delete my previous post. It was a mistake on my part to post this here as it's clearly a cause of discomfort and anxiety. The last thing I want is to be the source of discord among vajra siblings. Apologies to everyone for this. Tonnes of Vajrasattva purification for me the next few days.
Relax.
Rinchen Dorje

Post by Rinchen Dorje »

Ignorant_Fool wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:35 pm Mods, please delete my previous post. It was a mistake on my part to post this here as it's clearly a cause of discomfort and anxiety. The last thing I want is to be the source of discord among vajra siblings. Apologies to everyone for this. Tonnes of Vajrasattva purification for me the next few days.
Naww bro...they are reaching out to the community...you were aiding in that...no harm, no foul
"But if you know how to observe yourself, you will discover your real nature, the primordial state, the state of Guruyoga, and then all will become clear because you will have discovered everything"-Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche
Tata1

Post by Tata1 »

amanitamusc wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:12 am
Mantrik wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:06 am
Relax.
Really dude. Relax
Mantrik
Former staff member

Post by Mantrik »

Ignorant_Fool wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:35 pm Mods, please delete my previous post. It was a mistake on my part to post this here as it's clearly a cause of discomfort and anxiety. The last thing I want is to be the source of discord among vajra siblings. Apologies to everyone for this. Tonnes of Vajrasattva purification for me the next few days. Time for me to go silent for a while.
It's fine. They issued it as an official notification, so not a problem.

They felt that they had delayed giving out this message long enough, and it is important people understand their plight.

I do understand the problems very well, as I used to work as an editor in a publishing house and also was for many years a marketing director tasked with bringing in many millions as a director of a training and education organisation. No income - no jobs, no publications. I also sent them the Adzom Drugpa Vajrakilaya translation which is ChNN approved for publication, so I want them to succeed for other reasons too.

I just wish they had waited a little longer and co-ordinated with those who requested members to maintain silent contemplation etc. But if they are so close to the precipice............

Virgo

Post by Virgo »

Mantrik wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:46 pm
I just wish they had waited a little longer and co-ordinated with those who requested members to maintain silent contemplation etc. But if they are so close to the precipice............
What does this have to do with silent contemplation? You want them to go out of business?

Kevin...
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

Mantrik, I am honestly just flabbergasted by your statements. I can't put it any other way.

Kevin...
Mantrik
Former staff member

Post by Mantrik »

Virgo wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:06 pm
Mantrik wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:46 pm
What does this have to do with silent contemplation? You want them to go out of business?

Kevin...
You locked the thread for review and didn't read my post? You know, the part about appreciating their problem and wanting them to succeed? The 'contemplation' was from much earlier and as I wrote was addressed to members, but the 'silence' seemed like a universal request encompassing business announcements.

They've been in this situation, and said so, for some time, but they have told me today they felt they had to publish the article now, having delayed it.

I personally think it ill-judged because of the request below but also because what is needed is a considered strategic statement from the DC itself encompassing all its activities, not from one asking for special attention. Do we know how many other areas of the DC are in urgent need, and if support for books may deprive teachers of support? Do we know what a new leadership has in mind? No, so we have no context for this announcement. One of the fastest ways to wreck an organisation is for there to be no central co-ordination and each department chasing funding, possibly competing for it from the same sources.

What was said by the DC is as follows. You can interpret it however you wish. We can all just ignore it using the 'working with circumstances' get-out clause, or we can have a period of respectful abstinence from the usual noise and activity. Since questioning SS Publications's wisdom is so heinous I'll leave it to those who clearly know much more about such things:

''Dear friends,

We ask you to remember the request for silence and privacy during these intense and important weeks for all of us.

It is time to gather our thoughts and to practice, in solitude or collectively, in Merigar or in any other place on earth. Later on there will be an appropriate time to exchange photos, videos, memories and stories.

Now for a few weeks let’s take the time not to run behind the last details or collect photos and videos, or to disclose images of private moments such as the practice and the ceremony of October 3.

Let’s give space to the present, to this exceptional situation that we are experiencing.

Let’s practice Guruyoga, the practice of Presence and of working with circumstances.

Merigar Gakyil''

Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Post by Johnny Dangerous »

I read that message when I got it as not publicly sharing pictures, etc., almost a message directed on limiting one's use of social media to memorialize. I don't do that anyway, but I confess i found the message puzzling.

Anyway, it's safe to say this is a tough time for Rinpoche's students, let's try to give one another a break. It's natural to have some sense of confusion in this time.
Meditate upon Bodhicitta when afflicted by disease

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when sad

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when suffering occurs

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when you are scared

-Khunu Lama
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Mantrik wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:41 pm Since questioning SS Publications's wisdom is so heinous I'll leave it to those who clearly know much more about such things:
The request for silence refers only to posting memorials and so on of CHNN's passing. It has nothing to do with the normal day to day business of the gars. They are still running programs, hosting SMS teachers, and so on.

We don't all just stop still because our teacher has left this mortal coil.
Mantrik
Former staff member

Post by Mantrik »

Malcolm wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:47 pm
Mantrik wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:41 pm Since questioning SS Publications's wisdom is so heinous I'll leave it to those who clearly know much more about such things:
The request for silence refers only to posting memorials and so on of CHNN's passing. It has nothing to do with the normal day to day business of the gars. They are still running programs, hosting SMS teachers, and so on.

So in the absence of any leadership, let rip? It was not just a request for silence but also a pause for thought. Of course people should stop until they know where they are going. It is corporate suicide and I predict each Gar will also do as it pleases from now on unless there is leadership. Pausing a couple of weeks won't change things much but will at least allow a plan to form. Clearly I am way out of step here so I'll just watch it unfold and shut up. :namaste:
Last edited by Mantrik on Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dorje Shedrub

Post by Dorje Shedrub »

I thank you for passing along the announcement. I have been looking for karma yoga that I can do from my location so this might be an opportunity.

May we keep in mind Rinpoche's wishes of no discord within the community :group:

DS
Homage to the Precious Dzogchen Master
🙏🌺🙏 Chögyal Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche
🙏🌺🙏
Norwegian

Post by Norwegian »

Mantrik wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:36 pm

So in the absence of any leadership, let rip? It was not just a request for silence but also a pause for thought. Of course people should stop until they know where they are going. It is corporate suicide and I predict each Gar will also do as it pleases from now on unless there is leadership. Pausing a couple of weeks won't change things much but will at least allow a plan to form. Clearly I am way out of step here so I'll just watch it unfold and shut up. :namaste:
Dude, relax. These are all official channels, The Mirror (Melong), SSI, etc. It's on Norbunet, and official channels. It's fine. It's like Malcolm said.
Mantrik
Former staff member

Post by Mantrik »

Norwegian wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:42 pm
Mantrik wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:36 pm

Dude, relax. These are all official channels, The Mirror (Melong), SSI, etc. It's on Norbunet, and official channels. It's fine. It's like Malcolm said.
If you read my posts I did actually say that. I am quite relaxed but very disappointed. I am 64 and have extensive management experience of such events, which rarely end well. Let the children play I guess. Oh, I may have to taser the next person who says ' relax dude' . ;)

jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

I bet my head that "keep quiet" means to avoid quarreling, gossip, speculation, and such.

Besides respecting the community and Rinpoche's family moments.

:P
true dharma is inexpressible.

The bodhisattva nourishes from bodhicitta, through whatever method the Buddha has given him. Oh joy.

Return to “Dzogchen”