Chokyi Nyima Rinpoche

Here we can publicise upcoming dharma events (talks, retreats, webcasts, etc).
Dvs

Chokyi Nyima Rinpoche

Post by Dvs »

Rinpoche 38th Annual Fall Seminar will be available online. You can register at the link below. I hope everyone enjoys this opportunity.

https://dharmasun.org/courses/38th-annu ... ar-online/
Pero

Re: Chokyi Nyima Rinpoche

Post by Pero »

Cool. Will this be live?
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
Dvs

Post by Dvs »

Pero wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:50 pm Cool. Will this be live?
Yes, I believe the whole event will be live streamed. The recordings will stay online for 8 days. Here is some additional information from the website.

Following the daily guided morning meditation session, Rinpoche will offer teachings based on a short and pithy instruction manual by Khenpo Gangshar, called Naturally Liberating Whatever You Meet. Khenpo Gangshar was one of Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoches Root Gurus and famous for his direct and clear instructions on the essentials of the Dzogchen tradition.

For those unable to attend, Rinpoche kindly agreed to make those teachings available online in their entirety for students all around the world. However, there is a stipulation: All registrants are required to take the teachings in sequential order, starting from the beginning of the seminar.

Dharma Sun
EN

38th Annual Fall Seminar – online
Date range of access: November 15, 2018— December 7, 2018
Register now

We are delighted to announce that from Thursday 15th November for seven days, Chokyi Nyima Rinpoche will host the 38th Annual RYI Fall Seminar at Ka-Nying Shedrub Ling Monastery in Kathmandu.

Students around the world are very fortunate to be able to access these kind of special teachings online, which is only due to Chokyi Nyima Rinpoche's extreme kindness.

Following the daily guided morning meditation session, Rinpoche will offer teachings based on a short and pithy instruction manual by Khenpo Gangshar, called Naturally Liberating Whatever You Meet. Khenpo Gangshar was one of Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoches Root Gurus and famous for his direct and clear instructions on the essentials of the Dzogchen tradition.

For those unable to attend, Rinpoche kindly agreed to make those teachings available online in their entirety for students all around the world. However, there is a stipulation: All registrants are required to take the teachings in sequential order, starting from the beginning of the seminar.

We are further delighted to announce that Phakchok Rinpoche might offer teachings on some afternoons as well.

The Annual RYI seminar offers a unique opportunity for students of all levels - from beginners to advanced practitioners - to receive a series of truly profound teachings. We would, therefore, ask that you share this notice with all those who might be interested to join us either online or in person.

The teachings will be in Tibetan and translation will be consecutively into English.

Online participants will be able to watch the teachings through our website beginning November 15, 2018. The seven days of posted teachings will remain accessible for eighteen days, until Dec 7, 2018, CET. Thereafter they will no longer be available.

To link the greatest number of people possible with the precious Dharma, the first three days of the seminar will be Rinpoche’s personal gift to you! They will be live streamed via Facebook and simultaneously on DharmaSun.org, both without any registration required! (Live streaming will start on 15th November, probably around 05:00 CET / 20:00 PST / 23:00 EST)

In order to access the teachings, all students must register online at www.DharmaSun.org.

Registration will remain open from Nov 10 until Nov 25, 2018.

The suggested donation for the teachings is: 75 USD

I hope this helps answer some questions for people that are interested.

I will be attending this seminar in person. Curious if anyone from the dharma wheel community will be going?
pael

Post by pael »

Dvs wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:04 amAll registrants are required to take the teachings in sequential order, starting from the beginning of the seminar.
Is recordings enough?
May all beings be free from suffering and causes of suffering
Dvs

Post by Dvs »

pael wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:15 pm
Dvs wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:04 amAll registrants are required to take the teachings in sequential order, starting from the beginning of the seminar.
Is recordings enough?
The first 3 days will be live-streamed and free, via Facebook and simultaneously on DharmaSun.org. They might live-stream the whole seminar. I would contact them to see if this will be the case. I apologize for not having more information to contribute.
Pero

Post by Pero »

Dvs wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:34 am
pael wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:15 pm
Is recordings enough?
The first 3 days will be live-streamed and free, via Facebook and simultaneously on DharmaSun.org. They might live-stream the whole seminar. I would contact them to see if this will be the case. I apologize for not having more information to contribute.
I contacted them just in case, they will try to livestream the whole seminar for registered people. They hope it'll work because the internet connection there can be problematic.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
Dvs

Post by Dvs »

Pero wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:04 pm
Dvs wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:34 am
pael wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:15 pm Is recordings enough?
I contacted them just in case, they will try to livestream the whole seminar for registered people. They hope it'll work because the internet connection there can be problematic.
Thanks, Pero for the update.
Aryjna

Post by Aryjna »

https://dharmasun.org/live-webcast/

It should be starting 9-10 hours from now.
Aryjna

Post by Aryjna »

Aryjna wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:22 pm https://dharmasun.org/live-webcast/

It should be starting 9-10 hours from now.
Just starting.
pael

Post by pael »

How long were the stream? I didn't watch last 15 minutes. Can I continue this seminar? I can't pay for recordings.
dharmafootsteps

Post by dharmafootsteps »

pael wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:18 pm How long were the stream? I didn't watch last 15 minutes. Can I continue this seminar? I can't pay for recordings.
You should email them with your situation. I'm sure you'll be allowed to register anyway. Only the first 3 days are going to be streamed to those who aren't registered.
pael

Post by pael »

dharmafootsteps wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:32 pm
pael wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:18 pm How long were the stream? I didn't watch last 15 minutes. Can I continue this seminar? I can't pay for recordings.
You should email them with your situation. I'm sure you'll be allowed to register anyway. Only the first 3 days are going to be streamed to those who aren't registered.
I can take only first 2 days. Did he give lung already? I missed ending today.
Aryjna

Post by Aryjna »

pael wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:35 pm
He gave 2 lungs but not for the main text. Just email them and tell them you do not have money for registration but want to follow all the sessions. https://dharmasun.org/courses/38th-annu ... ar-online/
Pero

Post by Pero »

Aryjna wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:35 am
pael wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:35 pm

He gave 2 lungs but not for the main text. Just email them and tell them you do not have money for registration but want to follow all the sessions. https://dharmasun.org/courses/38th-annu ... ar-online/
He gave the lung for the main text at the end of the second day.
- Shabkar
prsvrnc

Post by prsvrnc »

I'm registered for the event and have been following along. Have they been streaming the afternoon sessions by Lama Tenzin Sangpo and Dr. Thomas? I never seem to catch them as a live stream but they're up there as teaching recordings at the end of the day. Curious if I'm somehow missing the stream or if they're not streaming them. Thanks for any help!
Pero

Post by Pero »

prsvrnc wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:40 am I'm registered for the event and have been following along. Have they been streaming the afternoon sessions by Lama Tenzin Sangpo and Dr. Thomas? I never seem to catch them as a live stream but they're up there as teaching recordings at the end of the day. Curious if I'm somehow missing the stream or if they're not streaming them. Thanks for any help!
I have no idea but thanks for mentioning this anyway. I didn't know that the aftternoon sessions have been recorded too.
- Shabkar
Pero

Post by Pero »

I think on the first day Rinpoche said he will give the lung for Calling The Lama From Afar, has he already given it and I missed it? I checked the part I know 100% sure that I missed and it doesn't seem like he did during that time.
- Shabkar
Aryjna

Post by Aryjna »

Pero wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:45 pm I think on the first day Rinpoche said he will give the lung for Calling The Lama From Afar, has he already given it and I missed it? I checked the part I know 100% sure that I missed and it doesn't seem like he did during that time.
He didn't give it yet as far as i know.
Pero

Post by Pero »

Aryjna wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:08 am
Pero wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:45 pm I think on the first day Rinpoche said he will give the lung for Calling The Lama From Afar, has he already given it and I missed it? I checked the part I know 100% sure that I missed and it doesn't seem like he did during that time.
He didn't give it yet as far as i know.
Thanks.
- Shabkar
Aryjna

Post by Aryjna »

It sounds like it will continue. But maybe it won't be webcasted from now on. Does anyone know?

Return to “Dharma Events”