Les Gilets Jaunes

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
kalden yungdrung

Les Gilets Jaunes

Post by kalden yungdrung »

Tashi delek,

In France there is a national resistance against the president monsieur Emanuel Macron.

Reason is that the fuel prices are too high and there are many French people who cannot live anymore from their monthly income, like everywhere the rich get too rich and richer and the poor more poor.
Also macron said the French were nothing, and that was very dangerous to have said this in public.

The police killed already an old lady somewhere in Marseille and also children were injured.
The French are furious and like Macron under the guillotine .

There is an important French general who is on 1 line with the gilets jaunes
General Piquemal is very listening in the army, his opinion will disturb many officers...!

The French are realy upset and want Macron.

Some police officers choose the side of the gilets jaunes.
The police will strike for 2 days.

Last edited by kalden yungdrung on Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
The best meditation is no meditation
tingdzin

Re: Les Gilets Jaunes

Post by tingdzin »

It's hard to get real news about what's going on in France. How much did fuel go up? Are things settling down? Who would be better than Macron in your opinion?
kalden yungdrung

Post by kalden yungdrung »

IN ADDITION:

French throw manure at the government offices of the president of France, Emmanuel Macron, because of the rise in gasoline.

The best meditation is no meditation
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

tingdzin wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:58 am It's hard to get real news about what's going on in France.
Really? :shrug:
https://www.google.gr/search?ei=7PUIXKf ... F9aTw0eGbc
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
Kim O'Hara
Former staff member

Post by Kim O'Hara »

We've been talking about the revolt for awhile, over on DWE - https://dharmawheel.org/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=331

:coffee:
Kim
tingdzin

Post by tingdzin »

Thanks, Kim -- this is the sort of constructive suggestion I was looking for.
cyril

Post by cyril »

"You have to make the good out of the bad because that is all you have got to make it out of."
- Robert Penn Warren -
tatpurusa

Post by tatpurusa »

What they really demand and the mainstream media carefully hides behind "fuel taxes"

https://www.sott.net/article/402396-Wha ... -manifesto

tp
Queequeg
Former staff member

Post by Queequeg »

Sounds French.
There is no suffering to be severed. Ignorance and klesas are indivisible from bodhi. There is no cause of suffering to be abandoned. Since extremes and the false are the Middle and genuine, there is no path to be practiced. Samsara is nirvana. No severance achieved. No suffering nor its cause. No path, no end. There is no transcendent realm; there is only the one true aspect. There is nothing separate from the true aspect.
-Guanding, Perfect and Sudden Contemplation,
tatpurusa

Post by tatpurusa »

Yellow Vest Protests, Brexit Farce - Revolutionary Climate in Western Europe?

tatpurusa

Post by tatpurusa »

Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

The guys producing the yellow vests are making a killing from this revolt...

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
tatpurusa

Post by tatpurusa »

Oh yeah.... :mrgreen: :coffee: :mrgreen:

.. But those being gassed by the police .. and living on minimal wages ... and raising their voices against the suffocation by the elites ..
deserve some compassion IMO

Meta-discussion removed

.. being a Greek I am sure you know more than many others .. :ban: (PadmaNorbu treatment)
tp.
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

tatpurusa wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:53 pm Oh yeah.... :mrgreen: :coffee: :mrgreen:

.. But those being gassed by the police .. and living on minimal wages ... and raising their voiced against the suffocation by the elites ..
deserve some compassion IMO

.. being a Greek I am sure you know more than many others .. :ban:
tp.

Yup. The rest of Europe just stood on passively as we were physically crushed and forced into long and painful recession and related liberal monetary measures... Where were the yellow vests back then?

It's probably one of the reasons why the movement is not taking off here in Greece. Plus they are currently throwing us some bones to keep us docile.

tatpurusa

Post by tatpurusa »

Grigoris wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:07 pm Yup. Everybody just stood on passively as we were physically crushed and forced into long and painful recession and related liberal monetary measures... Where were the yellow vests back then?

It's probably one of the reasons why the movement is not taking off here in Greece. Plus they are currently throwing us some bones to keep us docile.
Agree. My sympaties have always been with the Greek, while they got betrayed by their own government and even much before .. They were the
test case for what is going to happen to the rest of EU and then the rest of the world for that matter.
One of the greatest shames of this century IMO

Return to “Lounge”