Dharma Transmissions at Shechen Monastery 2019

thogme19

Dharma Transmissions at Shechen Monastery 2019

Post by thogme19 »

Kyabje Shechen Rabjam Rinpoche will impart the empowerments and oral transmission of the entire collected writings of Rigzin Jigme Lingpa, along with the complete oral transmission of the collected writings of Patrul Rinpoche,Orgyen Jigme Chokyi Wangpo, at Shechen Monastery, Kathmandu, Nepal. The transmission will begin on March 19, 2019 and will last approximately 15 days. 🙏🙏🙏☀️🌕💐🌻🌼🌸🌹🌈✨

simhanada

Re: Dharma Transmissions at Shechen Monastery 2019

Post by simhanada »

Now changed to 12-26 April 2019
Douglas Westbury

Post by Douglas Westbury »

thogme19 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:00 am Kyabje Shechen Rabjam Rinpoche will impart the empowerments and oral transmission of the entire collected writings of Rigzin Jigme Lingpa, along with the complete oral transmission of the collected writings of Patrul Rinpoche,Orgyen Jigme Chokyi Wangpo, at Shechen Monastery, Kathmandu, Nepal. The transmission will begin on March 19, 2019 and will last approximately 15 days. 🙏🙏🙏☀️🌕💐🌻🌼🌸🌹🌈✨

Wowee !!!
Schrödinger’s Yidam

Post by Schrödinger’s Yidam »

I’ve heard good things about him.
1.The problem isn’t ‘ignorance’. The problem is the mind you have right now. (H.H. Karmapa XVII @NYC 2/4/18)
2. I support Mingyur R and HHDL in their positions against lama abuse.
3. Student: Lama, I thought I might die but then I realized that the 3 Jewels would protect me.
Lama: Even If you had died the 3 Jewels would still have protected you. (DW post by Fortyeightvows)
Natan

Post by Natan »

Oh yeah. These guys are fantastic.
Vajra fangs deliver vajra venom to your Mara body.
ismael

Post by ismael »

Apparently it no longer includes the LN Wangs ( announcement by administrator on Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche Closed Group on Facebook):

Announcement
Shechen Rabjam Rinpoche will be giving the lung (oral transmission) of the Collected Writings of Rigdzin Jigme Lingpa (Jigling Sungbum Lung) from 12-26 of April, 2019 at Shechen Monastery in Baudhanath.
To clear any confusion, this does not include the empowerments of the Longchen Nyingtik, nor does it contain the majority* of the transmissions found within the Root Volumes of The Longchen Nyingtik (Nyingtik Tsa-Po), which are largely comprised of arrangements of Jigme Lingpa’s termas (such as empowerment rituals and sadanas) written by different authors such as Dodrubchen Jigme Thinley Oser, Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche and others.
[/i]
thogme19

Post by thogme19 »

NEW Rabjam Rinpoche Events Nepal and USA:

Nepal April:
Shechen Rabjam Rinpoche will be giving the lung (oral transmission) of the Collected Writings of Rigdzin Jigme Lingpa (Jigling Sungbum Lung),* and the complete oral transmission of the collected writings of Patrul Rinpoche, Orgyen Jigme Chokyi Wangpo.

April 12-26 at Shechen Monastery in Baudha. No reservations needed.

*PLEASE NOTE: This does not include the empowerments of the Longchen Nyingtik, nor does it contain the majority* of the transmissions found within the Root Volumes of The Longchen Nyingtik (Nyingtik Tsa-Po), which are largely comprised of arrangements of Jigme Lingpa’s termas written by different authors.

USA October:
Rinpoche will be giving teachings in NYC October 12 - 22.
Help is estimate the size of the venue by leaving a comment below or emailing [email protected] if you would like to attend. Thank you!

https://www.facebook.com/dilgokhyentseshechen/
Vaktar

Post by Vaktar »

For the sake of completeness here is the schedule at Shechen for Losar. Note Rabjam Rinpoche gives the Lama Sangdu empowerment on 3/17:

---------------------------------------

5-Feb TIBETAN NEW YEAR (LOSAR)
10-Feb 8 am Vajrasattva Drupchen begins (Minling Dorsem)

Blessing of the Ground and Tagön for the Vajrasattva Drupchen
11-Feb 3 pm colsing the mandala
Feb 12-18 6 am Main part of the Minling Dorsem Drupchen for seven days
19-Feb 3.30 am Receiving Blessing from the Mandala of Minling Dorsem Drupchen
21-Feb 8 am Blessing of the Ground and Tagon For the Tsokchen Duepa
22-Feb 9 am Ka’ma Tsal Cham (Lama Dance associated with Ka’ma Teachings)
25-Feb 1 pm Anniversary of Jamyang Khyentse Wangpo Closing the Mandala For the Five Ka’ma Ceremonies
26 Feb-4 mar 6 am Main part of the Tshokchen Duepa Dupchen
3-Mar 5 am Puja and Garcham (Dance)
4-Mar 5 am Fire Puja
5-Mar 3 am Receiving Blessing from the Mandala of Tshokchen Duepa
7-9 Mar 9 am All Shechen Annual Meeting for Three Days
11-Mar 9 am MEETING
12-Mar 8 am Result announcement
14-16Mar 6 am Ceremony of Lama Sangdu for Three Days
15-Mar 12pm Rehearsal of the Tse-chu Dance Festival in the Courtyard
16-Mar 3 am Lama Sangdu Puja
9 am Great Tse-Chu Festival of Sacred Dances
17-Mar 9 am Lama Sangdu Empowerment
*****12-26April
Kyabje Rabjam Rinpoche give empowerment and oral reading transmission of Jigme Lingpa’s collected works (Sung bum) and the complete oral transmission of the collected writings of Patrul Rinpoche, Orgyen Jigme Chokyi Wangpo.
thogme19

Post by thogme19 »

Rroman

Post by Rroman »

So, is this on entire wang and lung or collective writings?
thogme19

Post by thogme19 »

Rroman wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:10 am So, is this on entire wang and lung or collective writings?

all empowerments of Longchen Nyingthig, and oral transmission of all collected writings of Jigme Lingpa & Patrul Rinpoche.
Tata1

Post by Tata1 »

Is there an empowerment for yeshe lama?
thogme19

Post by thogme19 »

Tata1 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:43 am Is there an empowerment for yeshe lama?
i think must have. why not?
heart

Post by heart »

Yes, it is in the book in the beginning of the Tögal section. However, there is nothing indicating that he will give that. If I understand correctly he will give the empowerments from the root volumes of the LN, not all empowerments from LN.

https://www.rigpawiki.org/index.php?tit ... ot_Volumes

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Josef

Post by Josef »

heart wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:59 pm
Yes, it is in the book in the beginning of the Tögal section. However, there is nothing indicating that he will give that. If I understand correctly he will give the empowerments from the root volumes of the LN, not all empowerments from LN.

/magnus
Yeshe Lama is a root volume. It is in volume 3 of the Shechen Edition. So there is indeed a clear indication that it will be included.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
Rroman

Post by Rroman »

A friend of mine asked about this in the few months away told they don’t have the time for yeshe lama. Which makes sense
Josef

Post by Josef »

Rroman wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:49 pm A friend of mine asked about this in the few months away told they don’t have the time for yeshe lama. Which makes sense
It actually doesnt make sense.
The Yeshe Lama empowerment and the text itself is quite short.
The only reason to exclude it is to restrict the thogal practice manual from the transmissions.
I would be pretty surprised if it was left out of a transmission of the collected works of Jigme Lingpa in a transmission that is saying "all" root volumes.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
Tata1

Post by Tata1 »

Rroman wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:49 pm A friend of mine asked about this in the few months away told they don’t have the time for yeshe lama. Which makes sense
Maybe this was before they decided to include the empowerments
thogme19

Post by thogme19 »

Jyotish

Post by Jyotish »

heart wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:59 pm

/magnus

The picture of thr schedule above means that now again it is decided that the empowerments will be given. AS IN even those that were earlier canceled?

Return to “Nyingma”