Shabkar Tshogdruk Rangdrol

Pictures of revered teachers, places, rupas, temples, shrine rooms etc. that bring inspiration to our members. Pilgrimage advice etc.
Post Reply
Sennin
Posts: 864
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:19 am

Shabkar Tshogdruk Rangdrol

Post by Sennin » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:36 am

A gur from The Festival of Melodious Songs

I bow to the guru.

If the turquoise blue thunder-dragon
Descends to the ground, he is not beautiful.
When he stays among the clouds
And proclaims melodious sounds, he is beautiful.

If the white snow lion
Descends to the valley, he is not beautiful.
When he poses dauntingly on the summits of snowy mountains
And roars, he is beautiful.

If the renunciant yogi
Roves about in villages, he is not beautiful.
When he practices the Dharma in solitary places
And sings songs of realization, he is beautiful.

Tshogdruk Rangdrol sang this also.


--258-259; Gsung 'bum 3:11--
Translated by Victoria Sujata
"One should always recite mantra, purifying the body."
--Cakrasaṃvara Tantra

pemachophel
Posts: 1407
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:19 pm
Location: Lafayette, CO

Re: Shabkar Tshogdruk Rangdrol

Post by pemachophel » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:55 pm

Crying to the Guru From Afar by Tshog-drug Rang-drol (Shabkar)

LA-MA KHYEN LA-MA KHYEN
LA-MA KHYEN

MA-RIG MUN-SEL PAL-DEN LA-MA
Glorious Guru, dispeller of the darkness ignorance

THAR-PAI LAM-TON PAL-DEN LA-MA
Glorious Guru, shower of the way to Liberation

KHOR-WAI CHU-DROL PAL-DEN LA-MA
Glorious Guru, ferryman across the river of samsara

DUG-NGAI NAY-SEL PAL-DEN LA-MA
Glorious Guru, healer of the sickness of the five poisons

YID-ZHIN NOR-BU PAL-DEN LA-MA
Glorious Guru, wish-fulfilling jewel

KHYOD-LA SOL-DEB JIN-GYI LOB-SHIG
To You we pray; please bless us.

MI-TAG CHI-WA NYING-NAY DRAN-PAR
PAL-DEN LA-MAY JIN-GYI LOB-SHIG
So that we may remember death and impermanence from our hearts, bless us glorious Guru.

GO-MED LO-NA GYUD-LA KYE-WAR
PAL-DEN LA-MAY JIN-GYI LOB-SHIG
So that the thought of needlessness arises within us, bless us glorious Guru.

WEN-PAR TSE-CHIG DRUP-PA NU-PAR
PAL-DEN LA-MAY JIN-GYI LOB-SHIG
So that we attain one-pointed concentration in solitude, bless us glorious Guru.

DRUB-LA BAR-CHED GANG-YANG MED-PAR
PAL-DEN LA-MAY JIN-GYI LOB-SHIG
So that there are no obstalces to our practice, bless us glorious Guru.

TRUL-MED NAY-LUG TA-WA TOG-PAR
PAL-DEN LA-MAY JIN-GYI LOB-SHIG
So that we may realize the illusionless ultimate view, bless us glorious Guru.

KYEN-NGEN THAM-CHED DROG-SU CHAR-WAR
PAL-DEN LA-MAY JIN-GYI LOB-SHIG
So that all bad causes are turned into friendly one, bless us glorious Guru.

DAG-SHEN DON-NYI LHUN-GYI DRUB-PAR
PAL-DEN LA-MAY JIN-GYI LOB-SHIG
So that the two purposes of self and others are spontaneously accomplished, bless us glorious Guru.

DA-TA NYI-DU JIN-GYI LOB-SHIG
Bless us right now.

NYUR-WA NYUR-DU JIN-GYI LOB-SHIG
Bless us immediately.

DUG-SA DI-RU JIN-GYI LOB-SHIG
Bless us in this abode.

DEN-THOG DI-RU JIN-GYI LOB-SHIG
Bless on this seat.

KHOR-WAI PHUN-TSHOG DUG-DRUL TSHANG-TA-BU
THONG-NAY TSHE-DAI JA-WA THAM-CHED-LA
NGON-ZHEN TING-NAY LOG-PAY JA-TANG-WA
TSHOG-DRUG RANG-DROL SHAB-LA SOL-WA-DEB

We pray at the feet of Tshogdrug Rangdrol, the world renouncer, Who, after seeing samsaric activities are like the den of a poisonous snake, has expelled all attachment to any activities of this life.
Pema Chophel པདྨ་ཆོས་འཕེལ

Lukeinaz
Posts: 412
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:34 pm

Re: Shabkar Tshogdruk Rangdrol

Post by Lukeinaz » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:51 pm

A Wonder!

Behind me, the rock walls,
Beautiful and massive.
In front, snow on the peaks
Of the majestic range.
In the four directions, the mist rises,
And rainbows appear.
You are truly astonishing--going to look for yourself when you already are yourself! --Longchen Rabjam

Sennin
Posts: 864
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:19 am

Re: Shabkar Tshogdruk Rangdrol

Post by Sennin » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:39 pm

Be inspired by the wide open sky.
Mind without center or edge - Meditate on that!
Though inner thoughts build up like southern clouds,
Mind, like the sky is at ease.

Be inspired by the luminous sun.
Mind without shadow or light - Meditate on that!
Though inner thoughts radiate like beams,
Mind, like the sun, is at ease.
view.jpg
view.jpg (65.72 KiB) Viewed 2422 times
"One should always recite mantra, purifying the body."
--Cakrasaṃvara Tantra

Lukeinaz
Posts: 412
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:34 pm

Re: Shabkar Tshogdruk Rangdrol

Post by Lukeinaz » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:35 pm

In the vastness of the sky,
without center or edges,
The sun shines, illuminating
all things without choosing.
This is the way you should help beings.
You are truly astonishing--going to look for yourself when you already are yourself! --Longchen Rabjam

Sennin
Posts: 864
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:19 am

Re: Shabkar Tshogdruk Rangdrol

Post by Sennin » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:17 am

Meditation Experiences:

E ma! Joyous, clear awareness!

Yogis live in natural caves
In solitary places with no clamor,
Practicing alone like the Indian sages
On green grass and mats
Arousing the wish to have love, compassion and bodhicitta,
They straighten their bodies and abandon all speech.

Clouds of thoughts clear.
They see the sky of mind vividly.
Though rainbows of feelings appear,
They do not fixate upon them.

Although they do not focus
On the slightest trace of a meditation object,
They are not distracted for an instant.

When they place their minds in equipoise like that,
Mind does not move, like Meru, lord of mountains.
The more their minds settle, the more they come to rest.

When yogis let go,,
Though their minds fill with virtuous thoughts,
There are no obstructions.
Their bodies and minds are still competent,
But they are drawn into great bliss.

Yogis can see faces of deities naturally.
Miraculous displays of supernatural perceptions appear everywhere.

The moonlight of the yogis' renown
Clears away the darkness of delusion of deities and humans.
The lotuses of their disciples' hands close by themselves.
They prostrate themselves with respect
And divine music reverberates from the sky.
Rains of incense and flowers descend.
On the earth, people offer food and clothing.
They call out wondrous, gentle words in the ten directions.

Be a yogi like that
Who directly or indirectly benefits
The teachings and all beings without exception.

Otherwise, turn your back to the village,
Stay in a small monastery, or some mountain cave or rock cave,
And renounce your homeland.

Although you have made yourself a monk of the highest order,
Cast away the Vinaya rules of monastic discipline
And the four principles of virtuous training like grass,
If they are not important to you.

And if your vows are insincere,
Though you may call yourself a renunciant, your greed will be great,
And you will accumulate even more food and wealth than
a householder.

Sustaining the facade of a yogi like that, what good will you do?
If you are not sincere in your practice, be a person of the world.

I spoke this as it came to mind, in order to benefit all the disciples at the hermitage in Tsari

--Gsung 'bum 4: 455-57--
Translated by Victoria Sujata
"One should always recite mantra, purifying the body."
--Cakrasaṃvara Tantra

Sennin
Posts: 864
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:19 am

Post by Sennin » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:03 pm

At Mt Kailash

Once, I gave this advice to some fifty friends and
disciples doing retreat:

Life is short; the time of death uncertain;
Even tonight you may die.

A lot of talking is the source for evil deeds.
A lot of thinking is the work of Mara.
A lot of running around just weakens your
practice.

The crucial instruction:
Stay on your meditation seat!

Keep to your silent retreat, don't talk;
Obstacles won't come, siddhis will.

You who practice the preliminaries,
Persevere throughout day and night.

Meditators resting in samadhi,
Meditate with unwavering body, speech,
and mind.

Practitioners of tummo, the path of skillful
means,
Be diligent, and bliss-warmth will blaze
forth.

Even those of you who know only the mani,
Don't run around, stay inside; do your
recitations.

Be ready to starve to death for the sake of
Dharma;
Be ready to endure hardship for the sake of
happiness in future lives.

In brief, don't think so much!
Put all your energy into practice!
"One should always recite mantra, purifying the body."
--Cakrasaṃvara Tantra

Sennin
Posts: 864
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:19 am

Re: Shabkar Tshogdruk Rangdrol

Post by Sennin » Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:12 pm

In the retreat hut that is my own body
I sweep away the dirt ...
My retreat helper is emptiness.
"One should always recite mantra, purifying the body."
--Cakrasaṃvara Tantra

User avatar
Grigoris
Site Admin
Posts: 19853
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 9:27 pm
Location: Greece

Re: Shabkar Tshogdruk Rangdrol

Post by Grigoris » Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:36 pm

Sennin wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:36 am
A gur from The Festival of Melodious Songs

I bow to the guru.

If the turquoise blue thunder-dragon
Descends to the ground, he is not beautiful.
When he stays among the clouds
And proclaims melodious sounds, he is beautiful.

If the white snow lion
Descends to the valley, he is not beautiful.
When he poses dauntingly on the summits of snowy mountains
And roars, he is beautiful.

If the renunciant yogi
Roves about in villages, he is not beautiful.
When he practices the Dharma in solitary places
And sings songs of realization, he is beautiful.

Tshogdruk Rangdrol sang this also.


--258-259; Gsung 'bum 3:11--
Translated by Victoria Sujata
Beautiful!
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde

Sennin
Posts: 864
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:19 am

Re: Shabkar Tshogdruk Rangdrol

Post by Sennin » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:21 pm

I pray to the lord Milarepa,
Who roamed the glacial mountains of Tibet
Like an unbridled lion.
Please bless me.

I renounced food, clothing, and other concerns for this life.
But when I practice the holy Dharma
Alone in solitary places--
Glaciers, clay or slate mountains, forests--
Sometimes I long to wear fine clothing.
And when I long to do so,
I should put on the worst rags
And see softness and quality as illusions.

Sometimes I crave delicious food, And when I crave such food,
I should be happy to eat a few scraps,
And see delicious and sweet things as illusions.

Now and then I desire wealth,
And when I desire it,
I should accumulate the seven noble riches instead,
And see wealth and riches as illusions.

Occasionally I get homesick,
And when I get homesick,
I should take the palace of the dharmadhatu as my home,
And see my homeland as an illusion.

At times i miss my parents,
And when I miss them,
I should think of all beings as kind parents,
And see my own parents as illusions.

Now and then I miss my friends,
And when I miss them,
I should make friends with the birds and wild hoofed animals,
And see my human friends as illusions.

Sometimes I want to see my lama,
And when I want to meet him, I should realize he is inseparable
from me,
At the crown of my head and in the middle of my heart
And see the lama as an illusion.

I have prayed to the unrivaled Milarepa,
And have sung this song.
May Milarepa's blessing
Benefit all who dwell in the mountains.

Tshogdruk Rangdrol also said this.
"One should always recite mantra, purifying the body."
--Cakrasaṃvara Tantra

zerwe
Posts: 279
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:25 am
Location: North Carolina

Re: Shabkar Tshogdruk Rangdrol

Post by zerwe » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:28 am

pemachophel wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:55 pm
Crying to the Guru From Afar by Tshog-drug Rang-drol (Shabkar)

LA-MA KHYEN LA-MA KHYEN
LA-MA KHYEN

MA-RIG MUN-SEL PAL-DEN LA-MA
Glorious Guru, dispeller of the darkness ignorance

THAR-PAI LAM-TON PAL-DEN LA-MA
Glorious Guru, shower of the way to Liberation

KHOR-WAI CHU-DROL PAL-DEN LA-MA
Glorious Guru, ferryman across the river of samsara

DUG-NGAI NAY-SEL PAL-DEN LA-MA
Glorious Guru, healer of the sickness of the five poisons

YID-ZHIN NOR-BU PAL-DEN LA-MA
Glorious Guru, wish-fulfilling jewel

KHYOD-LA SOL-DEB JIN-GYI LOB-SHIG
To You we pray; please bless us.

MI-TAG CHI-WA NYING-NAY DRAN-PAR
PAL-DEN LA-MAY JIN-GYI LOB-SHIG
So that we may remember death and impermanence from our hearts, bless us glorious Guru.

GO-MED LO-NA GYUD-LA KYE-WAR
PAL-DEN LA-MAY JIN-GYI LOB-SHIG
So that the thought of needlessness arises within us, bless us glorious Guru.

WEN-PAR TSE-CHIG DRUP-PA NU-PAR
PAL-DEN LA-MAY JIN-GYI LOB-SHIG
So that we attain one-pointed concentration in solitude, bless us glorious Guru.

DRUB-LA BAR-CHED GANG-YANG MED-PAR
PAL-DEN LA-MAY JIN-GYI LOB-SHIG
So that there are no obstalces to our practice, bless us glorious Guru.

TRUL-MED NAY-LUG TA-WA TOG-PAR
PAL-DEN LA-MAY JIN-GYI LOB-SHIG
So that we may realize the illusionless ultimate view, bless us glorious Guru.

KYEN-NGEN THAM-CHED DROG-SU CHAR-WAR
PAL-DEN LA-MAY JIN-GYI LOB-SHIG
So that all bad causes are turned into friendly one, bless us glorious Guru.

DAG-SHEN DON-NYI LHUN-GYI DRUB-PAR
PAL-DEN LA-MAY JIN-GYI LOB-SHIG
So that the two purposes of self and others are spontaneously accomplished, bless us glorious Guru.

DA-TA NYI-DU JIN-GYI LOB-SHIG
Bless us right now.

NYUR-WA NYUR-DU JIN-GYI LOB-SHIG
Bless us immediately.

DUG-SA DI-RU JIN-GYI LOB-SHIG
Bless us in this abode.

DEN-THOG DI-RU JIN-GYI LOB-SHIG
Bless on this seat.

KHOR-WAI PHUN-TSHOG DUG-DRUL TSHANG-TA-BU
THONG-NAY TSHE-DAI JA-WA THAM-CHED-LA
NGON-ZHEN TING-NAY LOG-PAY JA-TANG-WA
TSHOG-DRUG RANG-DROL SHAB-LA SOL-WA-DEB

We pray at the feet of Tshogdrug Rangdrol, the world renouncer, Who, after seeing samsaric activities are like the den of a poisonous snake, has expelled all attachment to any activities of this life.
This is also purported to be composed by--Zarongfu Sangya Ngawang Tenzin Rinpoche
Doesn't make any difference from my point of view, but just saying.

Shaun :namaste:

pemachophel
Posts: 1407
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:19 pm
Location: Lafayette, CO

Re: Shabkar Tshogdruk Rangdrol

Post by pemachophel » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:49 pm

Can you say more on who and when Zarongfu Sangya Ngawang Tenzin Rinpoche was? Never heard of this Rinpoche.
Pema Chophel པདྨ་ཆོས་འཕེལ

zerwe
Posts: 279
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:25 am
Location: North Carolina

Re: Shabkar Tshogdruk Rangdrol

Post by zerwe » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:25 am

pemachophel wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:49 pm
Can you say more on who and when Zarongfu Sangya Ngawang Tenzin Rinpoche was? Never heard of this Rinpoche.
One would have to ask HE Shyalpa Rinpoche, Lama Zopa Rinpoche or a more senior/ knowledgable student than myself. This is in the Colophon at the end of the text as published by FPMT. It states that HE Shyalpa Rinpoche indicates that it was composed by Zarongfu Sangya Ngawang Tenzin Rinpoche. That is all. As it is posted this is the precise (abbreviated version) of Calling the Guru From Afar that we utilize in our practice.

Shaun :namaste:

pemachophel
Posts: 1407
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:19 pm
Location: Lafayette, CO

Re: Shabkar Tshogdruk Rangdrol

Post by pemachophel » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:42 pm

Thank you.
Pema Chophel པདྨ་ཆོས་འཕེལ

pemachophel
Posts: 1407
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:19 pm
Location: Lafayette, CO

Re: Shabkar Tshogdruk Rangdrol

Post by pemachophel » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:57 pm

Wiki: Ngawang Tenzin Norbu (Tib. ངག་དབང་བསྟན་འཛིན་ནོར་བུ་, Wyl. ngag dbang bstan 'dzin nor bu) (1867-1940/42), who was one of the main teachers of Kyabjé Trulshik Rinpoche, is remembered especially for his commentaries on the Thirty-Seven Practices of the Bodhisattvas. One of the foremost disciples of Trulshik Dongak Lingpa, he became known as the Buddha of Dza Rongphu (རྫ་རོང་ཕུ་, Wyl. rdza rong phu) after his place of residence in the upper valley of the Dzakar River. It was there that he undertook retreat and founded the monastery of Dongak Zungjuk Ling in 1901[1] on the northern slopes of Mount Everest. He also studied for many years at Mindroling Monastery.

In 1922 Ngawang Tenzin Norbu met a group of climbers led by General C. G. Bruce and later wrote about the encounter in his autobiography.[2]

After he passed away his body was enshrined in a case made of akaro wood. It was later brought out of Tibet by Trulshik Rinpoche and the monks of Dza Rongphu as they fled in 1959. The body was cremated at Thangmé Monastery in the Solu Khumbu region of Nepal.[3]

Since this Lama lived after Shabkar, I think it safe to say that my original assertion of authorship is correct. I know Trulshik Rinpoche was a disciple of Shukseb Jetsun Chonyid Wangmo and would've heard this prayer said at Shukseb nunnery every morning.

Two or three years ago, I visited Rong Phug gompa on the north face of Everest above the base camp parking lot. Rong is the name of the place and phug refers to a cave above the monastery where Guru Rinpoche meditated. You can still see His peaceful and wrathful handprints on the wall of the cave. You enter the cave and there's an altar with lots of candles and you think, this is the place. But then you see a hole in the floor with a ladder. The cave underneath the entry cave is the actual cave where Guru Rinpoche meditated. It's quite an experience. Maybe some day I can say more.

My Teacher once did a mirror divination for me which said I had a connection with the Buddha from Rong Phug (Rong Phug Sang-gay), i.e., Ngawang Tenzin Rinpoche. So very interesting. The current Rong Phug Tulku sometimes visits the Sherpas living in my city to minister to their spiritual needs, although I have not had the opportunity to meet Him. That's why I asked my Teacher to do the divination to see if there was any past-life connection. According to my Lama, it was in my immediate past life.
Pema Chophel པདྨ་ཆོས་འཕེལ

zerwe
Posts: 279
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:25 am
Location: North Carolina

Re: Shabkar Tshogdruk Rangdrol

Post by zerwe » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:09 pm

pemachophel wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:57 pm
Wiki: Ngawang Tenzin Norbu (Tib. ངག་དབང་བསྟན་འཛིན་ནོར་བུ་, Wyl. ngag dbang bstan 'dzin nor bu) (1867-1940/42), who was one of the main teachers of Kyabjé Trulshik Rinpoche, is remembered especially for his commentaries on the Thirty-Seven Practices of the Bodhisattvas. One of the foremost disciples of Trulshik Dongak Lingpa, he became known as the Buddha of Dza Rongphu (རྫ་རོང་ཕུ་, Wyl. rdza rong phu) after his place of residence in the upper valley of the Dzakar River. It was there that he undertook retreat and founded the monastery of Dongak Zungjuk Ling in 1901[1] on the northern slopes of Mount Everest. He also studied for many years at Mindroling Monastery.

In 1922 Ngawang Tenzin Norbu met a group of climbers led by General C. G. Bruce and later wrote about the encounter in his autobiography.[2]

After he passed away his body was enshrined in a case made of akaro wood. It was later brought out of Tibet by Trulshik Rinpoche and the monks of Dza Rongphu as they fled in 1959. The body was cremated at Thangmé Monastery in the Solu Khumbu region of Nepal.[3]

Since this Lama lived after Shabkar, I think it safe to say that my original assertion of authorship is correct. I know Trulshik Rinpoche was a disciple of Shukseb Jetsun Chonyid Wangmo and would've heard this prayer said at Shukseb nunnery every morning.

Two or three years ago, I visited Rong Phug gompa on the north face of Everest above the base camp parking lot. Rong is the name of the place and phug refers to a cave above the monastery where Guru Rinpoche meditated. You can still see His peaceful and wrathful handprints on the wall of the cave. You enter the cave and there's an altar with lots of candles and you think, this is the place. But then you see a hole in the floor with a ladder. The cave underneath the entry cave is the actual cave where Guru Rinpoche meditated. It's quite an experience. Maybe some day I can say more.

My Teacher once did a mirror divination for me which said I had a connection with the Buddha from Rong Phug (Rong Phug Sang-gay), i.e., Ngawang Tenzin Rinpoche. So very interesting. The current Rong Phug Tulku sometimes visits the Sherpas living in my city to minister to their spiritual needs, although I have not had the opportunity to meet Him. That's why I asked my Teacher to do the divination to see if there was any past-life connection. According to my Lama, it was in my immediate past life.
Very cool. Authorship aside, this is a very powerful and profound way of making requests to the Guru. Naturally, there are more connections than differences between Nyingma and Sarma schools.

Shaun :namaste:

Sennin
Posts: 864
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:19 am

Re: Shabkar Tshogdruk Rangdrol

Post by Sennin » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:45 pm

I bow to the guru.

When you, the turquoise thunder-dragon who has
perfected the three skills,
Soar in the summer sky,
Call out with a pleasing, loud, rumbling voice!
It will inspire the peacocks.

When you, southern clouds
Gather and gently drift about the sky,
Cause a gentle rain to fall!
It will inspire the cuckoos.

When you, the renunciant Tshogdruk Rangdrol,
Wander aimlessly among mountain hermitages,
Sing gur melodies clearly!
It will inspire the faithful.

I said this to myself

{Gsung 'bum 3: 111.}

--Translated by Victoria Sujata.
"One should always recite mantra, purifying the body."
--Cakrasaṃvara Tantra

zerwe
Posts: 279
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:25 am
Location: North Carolina

Re: Shabkar Tshogdruk Rangdrol

Post by zerwe » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:27 am

I am requesting the kind lord root guru,
Who is more extraordinary than all the buddhas:
Pless bless me to be able to devote myself to the
qualified lord guru with great respect in all my future
lifetimes.

By realizing that correctly devoting myself to the kind
lord guru--who is the foundation of all good
qualities--is the root of happiness and goodness, I shall
devote myself to him with great respect, not forsaking
him even at the cost of my life.

Thinking of the importance of the qualified guru,
May I allow myself to enter under his control.
May I be like an obedient son,
Acting exactly in accordance with the guru's advice.

Even when maras, evil friends and the like
Try to split me from the guru,
May I be like a vajra, inseparable forever.

When the guru gives me work, whatever the burden,
May I be like the earth, carrying all.

When I devote myself to the guru,
Whatever suffering occurs (hardships or problems),
May I be like a mountain, immovable.
(The mind should not be upset or discouraged.)

Even if I have to perform all the unpleasant tasks,
May I be like a servant of the king,
With a mind undisturbed.

May I abandon pride.
Holding myself lower than the guru,
May I be like a sweeper.

May I be like a rope,
Joyfully holding the guru's work,
No matter how difficult or heavy a burden.

Even when the guru criticizes, provokes or ignores me,
May I be like a dog without anger;
Never responding with anger.

May I be like a (ferry) boat,
Never upset at any time to come and go for the guru.

O glorious and precious root guru,
Please bless me to be able to practice in this way.
From now on, in all my future lifetimes,
May I be able to devote myself to the guru in this way.

--Shabkar Tsokdrug Rangdrol. trans. by Lama Zopa Rinpoche

Sennin
Posts: 864
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:19 am

Re: Shabkar Tshogdruk Rangdrol

Post by Sennin » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:11 am

The cubs of the powerful snow lioness
Are merrily heading off to the summit of the snow mountain.
May the snow lioness and her cubs
Meet again later, again and again.
"One should always recite mantra, purifying the body."
--Cakrasaṃvara Tantra

Post Reply

Return to “Shrine Room”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests