The Lounge: Dharma Wheel Gold

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
Queequeg
Former staff member

The Lounge: Dharma Wheel Gold

Post by Queequeg »

From time to time, we have laugh out loud, spit-your-beverage-on-your-keyboard posts. Here's where we can collect them.

To post, use the quote function, copy-and-paste, so that source thread can be captured.

To start us off:

From, "Who do Psychics talk to?"
£$&^@ wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 3:19 pm
Viach wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 2:36 pm Who do psychics talk to in TV shows like "Britain’s Psychic Challenge" when they say they talk to people who have died long ago? After all, according to Buddhism, they have long been reborn.
1) Themselves.
2) Their accountants.
There is no suffering to be severed. Ignorance and klesas are indivisible from bodhi. There is no cause of suffering to be abandoned. Since extremes and the false are the Middle and genuine, there is no path to be practiced. Samsara is nirvana. No severance achieved. No suffering nor its cause. No path, no end. There is no transcendent realm; there is only the one true aspect. There is nothing separate from the true aspect.
-Guanding, Perfect and Sudden Contemplation,
Aemilius

Re: The Lounge: Dharma Wheel Gold

Post by Aemilius »

3. People who are still in the in-between state
4. People who have been reborn as gods or devas of the kamaloka heavens, or as gods or devas in the rupaloka or arupaloka heavens
5. People who have been reborn elsewhere in the wheel of becoming
6. People who have been reborn in the purerealms, i.e. in the realms beyond samsara
svaha
"All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights.
They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.
Sarvē mānavāḥ svatantrāḥ samutpannāḥ vartantē api ca, gauravadr̥śā adhikāradr̥śā ca samānāḥ ēva vartantē. Ētē sarvē cētanā-tarka-śaktibhyāṁ susampannāḥ santi. Api ca, sarvē’pi bandhutva-bhāvanayā parasparaṁ vyavaharantu."
Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 1. (in english and sanskrit)
Queequeg
Former staff member

Post by Queequeg »

Aemilius wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 4:28 pm 3. People who are still in the in-between state
4. People who have been reborn as gods or devas of the kamaloka heavens, or as gods or devas in the rupaloka or arupaloka heavens
6. People who have been reborn in the purerealms, i.e. in the realms beyond samsara
Boo.
There is no suffering to be severed. Ignorance and klesas are indivisible from bodhi. There is no cause of suffering to be abandoned. Since extremes and the false are the Middle and genuine, there is no path to be practiced. Samsara is nirvana. No severance achieved. No suffering nor its cause. No path, no end. There is no transcendent realm; there is only the one true aspect. There is nothing separate from the true aspect.
boda

Post by boda »

Hmm, the topic seems to confirm my observation that the forum is generally lacking in humor. Taking ourselves too seriously is not a sign of spiritual progress. :|
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Aemilius wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 4:28 pm 3. People who are still in the in-between state
What is on the opposite end of the spectrum from gold?
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
DharmaJunior

Post by DharmaJunior »

boda wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 9:06 pm Hmm, the topic seems to confirm my observation that the forum is generally lacking in humor. Taking ourselves too seriously is not a sign of spiritual progress. :|
I pulled an all-nighter and trawled through 30 pages of 'the lounge' before falling into a stupor (sadface). I also laugh internally 99% of the time so no coffee came back out.

Jokes on me. :mrgreen:
Yavana

Post by Yavana »

Grigoris wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:27 pm
Aemilius

Post by Aemilius »

Queequeg wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 4:42 pm
Boo.
"In the in-between state you will see those that are similar to you (in consciousness)", Bardo Thödol. Similarly in the in-between state of life you will see and be in contact with those that are similar to you. The psychics are also people in the in-between state of life.
svaha
They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.
Sarvē mānavāḥ svatantrāḥ samutpannāḥ vartantē api ca, gauravadr̥śā adhikāradr̥śā ca samānāḥ ēva vartantē. Ētē sarvē cētanā-tarka-śaktibhyāṁ susampannāḥ santi. Api ca, sarvē’pi bandhutva-bhāvanayā parasparaṁ vyavaharantu."
Queequeg
Former staff member

Post by Queequeg »

Aemilius wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:56 am
Queequeg wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 4:42 pm
Boo.
"In the in-between state you will see those that are similar to you (in consciousness)", Bardo Thödol. Similarly in the in-between state of life you will see and be in contact with those that are similar to you. The psychics are also people in the in-between state of life.
Uh huh.
Aemilius

Post by Aemilius »

The opposite of matter is antimatter. Gold is one of the elements and its opposite would be antigold. Antigold is mentioned in this video about antimatter (at 2min12s)

svaha
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Aemilius wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:25 am
The opposite of matter is antimatter. Gold is one of the elements and its opposite would be antigold. Antigold is mentioned in this video about antimatter (at 2min12s)

joke.png
joke.png (19.67 KiB) Viewed 3689 times
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

I get the feeling that this thread isn't really working out as was intended
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Post by Könchok Thrinley »

PeterC wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:29 am I get the feeling that this thread isn't really working out as was intended
Dunno, looks like classic Dharma Wheel to me.
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

For those who do virtuous actions,
goodness is what comes to pass.
For those who do non-virtuous actions,
that becomes suffering indeed.

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
Yavana

Post by Yavana »

Miroku wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:36 am
PeterC wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:29 am I get the feeling that this thread isn't really working out as was intended
Dunno, looks like classic Dharma Wheel to me.
Of course.

"Life is one continuous mistake." — Dogen / Japanese proverb
catmoon
Former staff member

Post by catmoon »

Well isn't this odd. I've devoted way more of my time here to humour than I should, but I didn't make the list. Maybe because a lot of it was Lolcat memes. Just ask Greg, he will testify that most of my many posts here are funny, if not outright laughable...

BTW I think you missed an important source of DW humour.... signatures and taglines.
Sergeant Schultz knew everything there was to know.
Yavana

Post by Yavana »

catmoon wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:20 am BTW I think you missed an important source of DW humour.... signatures and taglines.

Sergeant Schultz knew everything there was to know.—catmoon's signature

"Speaking" of Sergeant Schultz...

Hitler, the Holocaust, and the Tiantai Doctrine of Evil as the Good: A Response to David R. Loy

Dechen Norbu

Post by Dechen Norbu »

:focus:
Queequeg wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:17 pm
Its the Finger-Wagging Precept. "I shall not stop wagging my finger until all beings have been shamed."
:lol:

Return to “Lounge”