Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

jet.urgyen

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by jet.urgyen »

dharmafootsteps wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:12 pm
javier.espinoza.t wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:51 am
dharmafootsteps wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:15 am Does anyone have/know of a recording of the melody for the Avalokiteshvara Korwa Tongtrug practice?
i could find only the melody that sms instructors use. in barcelona there was a AKT retreat, but i could't attend nor find it, maybe there is a melody from Rinpoche.

does it serves you as well?
Ah yes, the one the SMS instructors use would be great!

I know some of the Barcelona sangha, so I'll ask around there as well. Do you know what year the retreat was?
aparently in October 12th-16th, 2012; and prior dates.

http://static1.1.sqspcdn.com/static/f/8 ... oxs1RxM%3D
http://dzogchen.gr/en/webcasts/webcast-in-barcelona/
true dharma is inexpressible.

The bodhisattva nourishes from bodhicitta, through whatever method the Buddha has given him. Oh joy.
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Post by Johnny Dangerous »

http://shangshung.org/store/index.php?m ... cts_id=756

Does anyone know when the transmission of this was given? What other Medicine Buddha practices does the DC do? I know I have the transmission of the Mantra itself, but I am unsure about what transmissions I have for specific sadhana such as this.
Meditate upon Bodhicitta when afflicted by disease

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when sad

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when suffering occurs

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when you are scared

-Khunu Lama
Josef

Post by Josef »

Johnny Dangerous wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:08 am http://shangshung.org/store/index.php?m ... cts_id=756

Does anyone know when the transmission of this was given? What other Medicine Buddha practices does the DC do? I know I have the transmission of the Mantra itself, but I am unsure about what transmissions I have for specific sadhana such as this.
Rinpoche gave this transmission regularly. He would often do this one and Orgyen Menla at retreats.
If you participated in many retreats you probably got it a few times.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Josef wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:47 pm
Johnny Dangerous wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:08 am http://shangshung.org/store/index.php?m ... cts_id=756

Rinpoche gave this transmission regularly. He would often do this one and Orgyen Menla at retreats.
Yeah I did three webcast retreats where he gave a ton of lungs for many things, but I'm not certain whether I got transmission of a practice or just the mantra.

-Khunu Lama
amanitamusc

Post by amanitamusc »

Johnny Dangerous wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:01 am

Yeah I did three webcast retreats where he gave a ton of lungs for many things, but I'm not certain whether I got transmission of a practice or just the mantra.
One example is Green Tara.Rinpoche would give the lung for the Main mantra's and for the 21 Tara's so you could practice the Green Tara text. Since there are many Orgyen Menla practices you might check with an SMS instructor to see what Sadhana you can practice.
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

amanitamusc wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:33 am

One example is Green Tara.Rinpoche would give the lung for the Main mantra's and for the 21 Tara's so you could practice the Green Tara text. Since there are many Orgyen Menla practices you might check with an SMS instructor to see what Sadhana you can practice.
I don't even remember what all webcasts I attended, might be a lost cause, but I'll ask.

-Khunu Lama
amanitamusc

Post by amanitamusc »

Johnny Dangerous wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:34 am

I don't even remember what all webcasts I attended, might be a lost cause, but I'll ask.
Yes I would try because I may be wrong and Rinpoche may have given the Lung for a certain Orgyen Menla most of the time.
jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

any chance you heared one of this webcasts? i checked and Rinpoche gave both medicine Buddha practices in each one of the webcasts.

http://www.shangshungpublications.org/practices/

The bodhisattva nourishes from bodhicitta, through whatever method the Buddha has given him. Oh joy.
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

javier.espinoza.t wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:10 am

any chance you heared one of this webcasts? i checked and Rinpoche gave both medicine Buddha practices in each one of the webcasts.

Yeah, I got all the lungs for the Longsal Rushen retreat, so I think I have it.

-Khunu Lama
jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

Johnny Dangerous wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:12 am
javier.espinoza.t wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:10 am

Yeah, I got all the lungs for the Longsal Rushen retreat, so I think I have it.
if so, you in fact have it. what's the doubt then?

Mantrik
Former staff member

Post by Mantrik »

If you have received DI then the mantra or practice lung and explanation is sufficient for a deity practice.
The lung must be 'live' and the explanation can come from a book.
Many of them can be inserted into the Thun format, of course.

That's my understanding of ChNN's approach to it, but of course other Lamas may teach differently and regard a wang as essential. I think it depends also on the confidence you have in ChNN. :)
http://www.khyung.com ཁྲོཾ

Om Thathpurushaya Vidhmahe
Suvarna Pakshaya Dheemahe
Thanno Garuda Prachodayath

Micchāmi Dukkaḍaṃ (मिच्छामि दुक्कडम्)
DechenDave

Post by DechenDave »

Does a list exist of lungs Rinpoche *always* gave at the end of retreats? Like if you attended an introductory retreat 10 years ago and didnt write down all the lungs he gave and don’t remember, is there a way to know which ones he would definitely have given - ones that he never didn’t give?

Ones that I’m specifically wondering about include Guru Arya Tara, Mandarava/Tsalung, Chod and Vajrapani, but there could be others.
Moha

Post by Moha »

DechenDave wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:30 am Does a list exist of lungs Rinpoche *always* gave at the end of retreats?
DechenDave

Post by DechenDave »

Ignorant_Fool wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:11 am
DechenDave wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:30 am Does a list exist of lungs Rinpoche *always* gave at the end of retreats?
Thanks!
mechashivaz

Post by mechashivaz »

Santi Maha Sangha guidance from some one who is practicing it please!

I have the SMS base sadhana and audio but need clarification on the overall practices and their sequence. PM please!
DechenDave

Post by DechenDave »

Does anyone know if Rinpoche transmitted the Mandarava tsalung practices separately from lung he would normally give?
I noticed in the document from the above link entitled “Transmissions given by Chögyal Namkhai Norbu, 27 February-12 March 2017” lists:
The Practice of Mandarava and related Tsalung practices as the lung.
Is this different from the lung simply entitled “Mandarava” in the other lists?

In short I didnt receive a separate lung for Mandarava tsalung. Can I practice it?

Feel free to PM if preferred.
jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

DechenDave wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:51 pm
Does anyone know if Rinpoche transmitted the Mandarava tsalung practices separately from lung he would normally give?
I noticed in the document from the above link entitled “Transmissions given by Chögyal Namkhai Norbu, 27 February-12 March 2017” lists:

In short I didnt receive a separate lung for Mandarava tsalung. Can I practice it?

If i remember well, Nina Robinson is the person you should ask.

imo, one needs both the lung of the Mandarava saddhana and of the Tsalung text, or, for this last one, to receive teaching from an instructor.

DechenDave

Post by DechenDave »

javier.espinoza.t wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:52 am
DechenDave wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:51 pm

If i remember well, Nina Robinson is the person you should ask.

imo, one needs both the lung of the Mandarava saddhana and of the Tsalung text, or, for this last one, to receive teaching from an instructor.
Thanks Javier
I did attend the webcast of the last retreat on the Tsalung practices but because no lungs were given (naturally), it has remained a question for me.
I will try to contact Nina.
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

I'm not overly concerned about the cost of membership but I am a bit puzzled as to why, getting on for a year after ChNN rested his intent, it's still unclear what the plan for the sangha is going forward. Will there be arrangements for people to give lungs and explanations? Will other teachers be give to give DI? Etc etc. There's a lot of people out there who received DI and some teachings and would like to be able to practice other teachings - and there needs to be some process for doing this, otherwise this set of termas will just end with this generation of practitioners.

(If indeed there is a plan that I've somehow missed, I would appreciate anyone pointing me towards it...)
treehuggingoctopus

Post by treehuggingoctopus »

PeterC wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:13 am I'm not overly concerned about the cost of membership but I am a bit puzzled as to why, getting on for a year after ChNN rested his intent, it's still unclear what the plan for the sangha is going forward. Will there be arrangements for people to give lungs and explanations? Will other teachers be give to give DI? Etc etc. There's a lot of people out there who received DI and some teachings and would like to be able to practice other teachings - and there needs to be some process for doing this, otherwise this set of termas will just end with this generation of practitioners.

(If indeed there is a plan that I've somehow missed, I would appreciate anyone pointing me towards it...)
According to the IDG: Rinpoche's passing away was (still is) to be followed by a one-year long period of mourning (and silence regarding the future). So one might perhaps most cautiously hope for a Grand Reveal of sorts to happen on September 27. Or at any time later on.
Générosité de l’invisible.
Notre gratitude est infinie.
Le critère est l’hospitalité.

Edmond Jabès

Return to “Dzogchen”