booker

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by booker »

Sure it does answer mate, thanks :)
"Be Buddhist or be Buddha"
florin

Post by florin »

A few questions related to Direct transmission on 8 of August.

Is this an introduction into rigpa?
Why is it that some call it Worldwide Guru Yoga transmission?
Is this a Guru yoga transmission or is it an introduction to rigpa ?
If it is a Guru yoga transmision how is this different from ...for example the transmission of guru yoga and thuns which contain guru yoga which rinpoche quite often gives at the end of the various retreats?
Is this an open webcast?

Thank you
Josef

Post by Josef »

alpha wrote:A few questions related to Direct transmission on 8 of August.

Is this an introduction into rigpa?
Why is it that some call it Worldwide Guru Yoga transmission?
Is this a Guru yoga transmission or is it an introduction to rigpa ?
If it is a Guru yoga transmision how is this different from ...for example the transmission of guru yoga and thuns which contain guru yoga which rinpoche quite often gives at the end of the various retreats?
Is this an open webcast?

Thank you
Guru Yoga is an introduction.
Guru Yoga is the daily practice of working with that introduction and transmission.
Its no different from the transmissions Rinpoche gives at retreats.
Yes, its an open webcast.
I believe Rinpoche is going to explain the practice before the transmission so tune in early.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Time?
:namaste:
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
Sönam

Post by Sönam »

Nangwa wrote: Yes, its an open webcast.
no, it's not!

Sönam
By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -
Josef

Post by Josef »

Sönam wrote:
Nangwa wrote: Yes, its an open webcast.
no, it's not!

Sönam
Yes it is.
The retreat on Garuda is closed but the WWT is open.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Time?

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
Josef

Post by Josef »

gregkavarnos wrote:Time?
Explanation starts at 8:30 Eastern Time in the US.
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

AM or PM EST?
Thank you!

Josef

Post by Josef »

gregkavarnos wrote:AM or PM EST?
Thank you!
PM :smile:
Sönam

Post by Sönam »

Dear Friends,

We are pleased to inform you that the Garuda retreat with Rinpoche will be broadcast live from Merigar West in Italy as a CLOSED webcast.
To ensure that your username and password will function your membership must be current for the year 2011.

Become a member or renew here:
http://tsegyalgar.org/support/onlinemembership/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

To sign up for membership with Tsegyalgar West, please contact their secretary at [email protected]

Webcast information can be found here:
http://www.freezecast.com/webcast/?Home" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Schedule for the "Dark Garuda" Teaching can be found here:
http://www.freezecast.com/webcast/?Regi ... &year=2011" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Register your membership to receive a username and password here:

http://www.freezecast.com/webcast/?How_ ... to_Webcast" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thank you,

The Gakyils of Tsegyalgar East & West

[email protected]

[email protected]

------------------------
[email protected]
[email protected]

Date Event Time and Location
5-08-2011 CLOSED WEBCAST Merigar West Retreat - The Dark Garuda 17:00-19:00 (Italy) Rome time GMT+2
6-08-2011 CLOSED WEBCAST Merigar West Retreat - The Dark Garuda 10:00-12:00 (Italy) Rome time GMT+2
7-08-2011 **NO WEBCAST** - Initiation of the Dark Garuda 10:00-12:00 (Italy) Rome time GMT+2
8-08-2011 Ganapuja for the day of Guru Rinpoche 12:30-13:00 (Italy) Rome time GMT+2
8-08-2011 CLOSED WEBCAST Merigar West Retreat - The Dark Garuda 10:00-12:00 (Italy) Rome time GMT+2
9-08-2011 CLOSED WEBCAST Merigar West Retreat - The Dark Garuda 10:00-12:00 (Italy) Rome time GMT+2
10-08-2011 CLOSED WEBCAST Merigar West Retreat - The Dark Garuda 10:00-12:00 (Italy) Rome time GMT+2
11-08-2011 CLOSED WEBCAST Merigar West Retreat - The Dark Garuda 10:00-12:00 (Italy) Rome time GMT+2
11-08-2011 Medium Ganapuja 17:00-20:00 (Italy) Rome time GMT+2
12-08-2011 CLOSED WEBCAST Merigar West Retreat - The Dark Garuda 10:00-12:00 (Italy) Rome time GMT+2
By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -
Pema Rigdzin

Post by Pema Rigdzin »

The post about the WWT says it includes a 20 minute group practice including visualizations, mantras, mudras, etc. Is any of this found in the tun book? If not, is there anyone that could scan & email me the relevant pages from the worldwide transmission booklet??! I will definitely purchase my own copy asap, but of course I'll need one in the meantime for Sunday. I would be eternally grateful!
Pema Rigdzin/Brian Pittman
Josef

Post by Josef »

Pema Rigdzin wrote:The post about the WWT says it includes a 20 minute group practice including visualizations, mantras, mudras, etc. Is any of this found in the tun book? If not, is there anyone that could scan & email me the relevant pages from the worldwide transmission booklet??! I will definitely purchase my own copy asap, but of course I'll need one in the meantime for Sunday. I would be eternally grateful!
Hi Pema,
It will most likely be instruction on the Short Tun.
The Tun book will be sufficient.
Pema Rigdzin

Post by Pema Rigdzin »

Thanks, Nangwa!
Pema Rigdzin/Brian Pittman
simhanada

Post by simhanada »

Pema Rigdzin wrote:The post about the WWT says it includes a 20 minute group practice including visualizations, mantras, mudras, etc. Is any of this found in the tun book? If not, is there anyone that could scan & email me the relevant pages from the worldwide transmission booklet??! I will definitely purchase my own copy asap, but of course I'll need one in the meantime for Sunday. I would be eternally grateful!
The practices done for the WWT are different to the practices found in the Tun book. Some elements are the same as some of the other practices Rinpoche gives(eg, purification, refuge, dedication etc), but content of the practices are different. The relevant chants/visualisations and explanations etc of the practice are only found in the WWT booklets, as far as I know.

Maybe you could contact the closest Gakyil/Ling/Gar to you and see if they can provide you with a temporary copy and maybe see if they can have someone go over it with you over the phone if not in person.
Sönam

Post by Sönam »

here the new schedule of the next retreat from Merigar West (Italy - GMT+2).

We would like to remind you that it will be a CLOSED WEBCAST.

5 th Aug. 5-7 pm
6 th Aug. 10-12 am
8 th Aug. 10-12 am
8 th Aug. 12:30-1pm
9 th Aug. 10-12 am
12 th Aug. 10-12 am

In the Webcast Support Site http://www.freezecast.com/webcast" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; You will find updated SCHEDULE and informations.

Bye,
The Webcast Team
Nangwa I'm lost with your answer ... is it open webcast or closed?

Sönam
- Longchen Rabjam -
simhanada

Post by simhanada »

Sönam wrote: Nangwa I'm lost with your answer ... is it open webcast or closed?

Sönam
The WWT is open, the Garuda Retreat is closed
Sönam

Post by Sönam »

simhanada wrote:

Sönam
I must be completely stupid ... WWT means world wide transmission ? and it says closed webcast ? what did I missed ?

Sönam
- Longchen Rabjam -
simhanada

Post by simhanada »

Sönam wrote:
simhanada wrote:

Sönam
I must be completely stupid ... WWT means world wide transmission ? and it says closed webcast ? what did I missed ?

Sönam
haha, I'm not sure what you missed :) The times you posted are for the Garuda retreat, which is a closed webcast.

The World Wide Transmission (WWT) is an Open webcast(as far as I know. It is not mentioned on the webcast homepage yet) which will happen at around 5am in Italy and is not mentioned on the retreat schedule.
daelm

Post by daelm »

Nangwa wrote:
Hi Pema,
It will most likely be instruction on the Short Tun.
The Tun book will be sufficient.

the WWT on the 08th is structured around the Guru Yoga of Padmasambhava. (the March WWT is built around the Guru Yoga of Garab Dorje, and the November, the Guru Yoga of Adzom Drukpa.) the group practice in each WWT is the Guru Yoga for the relevant personage, and that differs from the short Tun, though structurally it has some things in common.

in this WWT, the invocation, mudras and visualizations are specific, and are not part of the Tun.

d

Return to “Dzogchen”