Blue Dakini Vajravarahi (Vima Nyingthig)

pawel

Blue Dakini Vajravarahi (Vima Nyingthig)

Post by pawel »

Hello!

Two years ago in Barcelona Chogyal Namkhai Norbu gave teachings on the Dudtsi Jonshing from Vima Nyingthig and there was a guruyoga with blue dakini Vajravarahi.
I would love to see a picture of the dakini, but couldn't find any related to the teachings and mostly findable are of red dakini alone.

There is however a thanka in trocadero store of 5 dakini Vajravarahi which is supposed to be from Gelug linage (there is Vth Dalai Lama on it also), I'm wondering if this is just going to be same or any particular difference etc.?

If anyone could point me out to the picture or share I will be very grateful.

Pawel
Pero

Re: Blue Dakini Vajravarahi (Vima Nyingthig)

Post by Pero »

Wow has it been two years already? Time sure flies... Sorry I don't have picture but wanted to ask are you sure it's from Vima Nyingthig? From my memory it was a practice from Longchenpa?
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
pawel

Post by pawel »

yes, flies... it was november so precisely a little less.
yes it was Vima Nyingthig and precise pages were also given, which I don't remember now though.
As to my knowledge, Vima Nyingthig comes from Longchenpa, no?
heart

Post by heart »

pawel wrote:yes, flies... it was november so precisely a little less.
yes it was Vima Nyingthig and precise pages were also given, which I don't remember now though.
As to my knowledge, Vima Nyingthig comes from Longchenpa, no?
I comes through Longchenpa who also clarified these teachings in the Lama Yantig.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Pero

Post by Pero »

Coming from and coming through Longchenpa are two different things. Vima Nyingthing is called "Vima" because it's a lineage from Vimalamitra. Lama, Zabmo and Khandro Yangtig are from Longchenpa. Also Longchen Nyingthig is called "Longchen" because Jigmed Lingpa received it from Longchenpa. Or am I mistaken?
So it's different saying Dudtsi Jonshing is from Vima Nyingthig or Longchenpa and though it's not really important (sorry for derailing your thread), now I'm really curious where it comes from (and not through whom hehe). :smile:
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Pero wrote:Coming from and coming through Longchenpa are two different things. Vima Nyingthing is called "Vima" because it's a lineage from Vimalamitra. Lama, Zabmo and Khandro Yangtig are from Longchenpa. Also Longchen Nyingthig is called "Longchen" because Jigmed Lingpa received it from Longchenpa. Or am I mistaken?
So it's different saying Dudtsi Jonshing is from Vima Nyingthig or Longchenpa and though it's not really important (sorry for derailing your thread), now I'm really curious where it comes from (and not through whom hehe). :smile:

This text is from the bla ma yang thig, volume two, and details an outer, inner and secret guru yoga and utterly secret unsurpassed guru yoga. The blue vārāhi is the secret guru yoga.

N
username

Post by username »

Vima & Khandro Nyingthigs were brought together originally by Longchenpa whose name links him to space series and he appeared on occasions, 3 major times, to teach Jigmed Lingpa in pure visions. Also Jigmed Lingpa was emanation of both King Trisong Deutson who received Khandro Nyingthig before it was hidden in his dead daughter by Padmasambhava to be revealed later as well as Vimalamitra himself. So the two streams joined in him. However the whole cycle was placed in Jigmed Lingpa as a mind ter by Padmasambhava and revealed through his kindness for sentient beings and after Jigmed Lingpa felt great devotion and met him in visions and person.

LN posters commissioned by H.H. Dodrubchen Rinpoche for practitioners:
http://www.mahasiddha.org/store/Pos-LongNying.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Zam store:
http://www.zamstore.com/index.php?main_ ... s_id=30776" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.zangthal.co.uk/files/The_Que ... _Bliss.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dzogchen masters I know say: 1)Buddhist religion essence is Dzogchen 2)Religions are positive by intent/fruit 3)Any method's OK unless: breaking Dzogchen vows, mixed as syncretic (Milanese Soup) 4)Don't join mandalas of opponents of Dalai Lama/Padmasambhava: False Deity inventors by encouraging victims 5)Don't debate Ati with others 6)Don't discuss Ati practices online 7) A master told his old disciple: no one's to discuss his teaching with some others on a former forum nor mention him. Publicity's OK, questions are asked from masters/set teachers in person/email/non-public forums~Best wishes
Pero

Post by Pero »

Namdrol wrote:
Pero wrote:Coming from and coming through Longchenpa are two different things. Vima Nyingthing is called "Vima" because it's a lineage from Vimalamitra. Lama, Zabmo and Khandro Yangtig are from Longchenpa. Also Longchen Nyingthig is called "Longchen" because Jigmed Lingpa received it from Longchenpa. Or am I mistaken?
This text is from the bla ma yang thig, volume two, and details an outer, inner and secret guru yoga and utterly secret unsurpassed guru yoga. The blue vārāhi is the secret guru yoga.
Cool, thanks. I'd have to listen to the recording again for the others, but the outer guru yoga is a very nice simple practice.
- Shabkar
pawel

Post by pawel »

Thank you!
Pero wrote: Cool, thanks. I'd have to listen to the recording again for the others, but the outer guru yoga is a very nice simple practice.
All three are nice simple practices :smile:
ratna

Post by ratna »

These practices were also part of Jamgon Kongtrul's recommended three-year retreat curriculum, to be practiced during the Thogal part of the retreat.

R
username

Post by username »

Also a question of karmic connections, so Pero might be linked to Pema Lingpa for example and others to LN cycle, perhaps. Worth investigating one's karmically connected cycles as well as our current practices.
Dzogchen masters I know say: 1)Buddhist religion essence is Dzogchen 2)Religions are positive by intent/fruit 3)Any method's OK unless: breaking Dzogchen vows, mixed as syncretic (Milanese Soup) 4)Don't join mandalas of opponents of Dalai Lama/Padmasambhava: False Deity inventors by encouraging victims 5)Don't debate Ati with others 6)Don't discuss Ati practices online 7) A master told his old disciple: no one's to discuss his teaching with some others on a former forum nor mention him. Publicity's OK, questions are asked from masters/set teachers in person/email/non-public forums~Best wishes
Pero

Post by Pero »

username wrote:Also a question of karmic connections, so Pero might be linked to Pema Lingpa for example and others to LN cycle, perhaps. Worth investigating one's karmically connected cycles as well as our current practices.
Hm, I don't know about that, I've only received transmission of one practice from Pema Lingpa's teachings. :smile:
- Shabkar

Return to “Dzogchen”