The Dalai Lama has new Oracles

greenvajrapani27
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:53 am

Re: The Dalai Lama has new Oracles

Post by greenvajrapani27 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:24 am

There is a question that needs answering about this whole matter.

If the Nechung Oracle did in fact declare this woman to be the Mamaki Oracle, is she???

I have read that on many occasions in the past if a Tulku or Oracle stated that someone was an Oracle or Tulku that was all it took.

The Tibetan people and monks accepted it on face value.

The Tulku or Oracle were never questioned about it.

So if the Nechung Oracle says Yeye is Mamaki is the deal done?

Must we all now accept the Nechung Oracle's recognition of Yeye Omileye? :shrug:

greenvajrapani27
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:53 am

Re: The Dalai Lama has new Oracles

Post by greenvajrapani27 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:29 am

Norwegian wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:20 pm
greenvajrapani27,

Your post and the way it was written led me to believe you supported the idea of there being a Mamaki oracle, so that's why I wrote the above.

I would be interested in hearing the response from the Office of the Dalai Lama and CTA's Department of Religion, if you ever do get one.
So Norwegian I hope this clears up any misunderstandings between us.
Indeed.
Yes, your key verse in your statement is very correct, "I would be interested in hearing the response from the Office of the Dalai Lama and CTA's Department of Religion, IF YOU EVER DO GET ONE. :rolling:

Malcolm
Posts: 31174
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Re: The Dalai Lama has new Oracles

Post by Malcolm » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:05 am

greenvajrapani27 wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:24 am
There is a question that needs answering about this whole matter.

If the Nechung Oracle did in fact declare this woman to be the Mamaki Oracle, is she???

I have read that on many occasions in the past if a Tulku or Oracle stated that someone was an Oracle or Tulku that was all it took.

The Tibetan people and monks accepted it on face value.

The Tulku or Oracle were never questioned about it.

So if the Nechung Oracle says Yeye is Mamaki is the deal done?

Must we all now accept the Nechung Oracle's recognition of Yeye Omileye? :shrug:
No.

greenvajrapani27
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:53 am

Re: The Dalai Lama has new Oracles

Post by greenvajrapani27 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:40 am

Malcolm wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:05 am
greenvajrapani27 wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:24 am
There is a question that needs answering about this whole matter.

If the Nechung Oracle did in fact declare this woman to be the Mamaki Oracle, is she???

I have read that on many occasions in the past if a Tulku or Oracle stated that someone was an Oracle or Tulku that was all it took.

The Tibetan people and monks accepted it on face value.

The Tulku or Oracle were never questioned about it.

So if the Nechung Oracle says Yeye is Mamaki is the deal done?

Must we all now accept the Nechung Oracle's recognition of Yeye Omileye? :shrug:
No.
Hello Malcolm

Could you please expand upon your answer.

greenvajrapani27
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:53 am

Re: The Dalai Lama has new Oracles

Post by greenvajrapani27 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:14 pm

Who was it who actually recognized Yeye Omileye as the Mamaki Oracle?

If it wasn't the Dharmapala Dorje Drakden then was it Thubten Ngodrup the monk who is the Nechung Oracle?

If it was Thubten Ngodrup then he has a lot of explaining to do.

My bet is it wasn't Dorje Drakden who recognized Yeye Omileye as the Mamaki Oracle.

User avatar
heart
Posts: 4925
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:55 pm

Re: The Dalai Lama has new Oracles

Post by heart » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:47 pm

greenvajrapani27 wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:14 pm
Who was it who actually recognized Yeye Omileye as the Mamaki Oracle?

If it wasn't the Dharmapala Dorje Drakden then was it Thubten Ngodrup the monk who is the Nechung Oracle?

If it was Thubten Ngodrup then he has a lot of explaining to do.

My bet is it wasn't Dorje Drakden who recognized Yeye Omileye as the Mamaki Oracle.
This is truly a very uninteresting discussion. A oracle is just a doorway for a deity, in this case that new age woman is a doorway for water (as weird as that sounds).

Why don't you try to grab fire for your own oracle greenvajrapani27?

/magnus
Last edited by heart on Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)

humble.student
Posts: 242
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:35 pm

Re: The Dalai Lama has new Oracles

Post by humble.student » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:02 pm

greenvajrapani27 wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:24 am
I have read that on many occasions in the past if a Tulku or Oracle stated that someone was an Oracle or Tulku that was all it took.
That's funny, Steven Seagal heard that rumour too.

Malcolm
Posts: 31174
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Re: The Dalai Lama has new Oracles

Post by Malcolm » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:59 pm

greenvajrapani27 wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:14 pm
Who was it who actually recognized Yeye Omileye as the Mamaki Oracle?

If it wasn't the Dharmapala Dorje Drakden then was it Thubten Ngodrup the monk who is the Nechung Oracle?

If it was Thubten Ngodrup then he has a lot of explaining to do.

My bet is it wasn't Dorje Drakden who recognized Yeye Omileye as the Mamaki Oracle.
Mamaki cannot have an oracle. It's impossible.

greenvajrapani27
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:53 am

Re: The Dalai Lama has new Oracles

Post by greenvajrapani27 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:38 am

Malcolm wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:59 pm
greenvajrapani27 wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:14 pm
Who was it who actually recognized Yeye Omileye as the Mamaki Oracle?

If it wasn't the Dharmapala Dorje Drakden then was it Thubten Ngodrup the monk who is the Nechung Oracle?

If it was Thubten Ngodrup then he has a lot of explaining to do.

My bet is it wasn't Dorje Drakden who recognized Yeye Omileye as the Mamaki Oracle.
Mamaki cannot have an oracle. It's impossible.
I agree with you fully Malcolm but the question I have is did the Nechung Oracle illegally make her an Oracle.

If the Dharmapala Dorje Drakden did not recognize this woman as Mamaki did the Nechung Oracle fake a trance and make her the Mamaki Oracle?

It appears that the Dalai Lama and the CTA were unaware of what the Nechung Oracle was doing.

There is money to be made in selling Tulku or Oracle titles.

It's happened in the past and it appears to continue in the present and will happen in the future.

Malcolm
Posts: 31174
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Re: The Dalai Lama has new Oracles

Post by Malcolm » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:40 am

greenvajrapani27 wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:38 am
Malcolm wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:59 pm
greenvajrapani27 wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:14 pm
Who was it who actually recognized Yeye Omileye as the Mamaki Oracle?

If it wasn't the Dharmapala Dorje Drakden then was it Thubten Ngodrup the monk who is the Nechung Oracle?

If it was Thubten Ngodrup then he has a lot of explaining to do.

My bet is it wasn't Dorje Drakden who recognized Yeye Omileye as the Mamaki Oracle.
Mamaki cannot have an oracle. It's impossible.
I agree with you fully Malcolm but the question I have is did the Nechung Oracle illegally make her an Oracle.
Since the only report of this comes from this women, I think we can chalk it up to her complete and total misunderstanding.

greenvajrapani27
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:53 am

Re: The Dalai Lama has new Oracles

Post by greenvajrapani27 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:17 am

Malcolm wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:40 am
greenvajrapani27 wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:38 am
Malcolm wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:59 pm


Mamaki cannot have an oracle. It's impossible.
I agree with you fully Malcolm but the question I have is did the Nechung Oracle illegally make her an Oracle.
Since the only report of this comes from this women, I think we can chalk it up to her complete and total misunderstanding.
Malcolm can you explain the photo that you posted on April 14, 2018 of the Nechung Oracle together with the so Mamaki Oracle.

They are both seating about a foot away from each other with there eyes closed in prayer.

It was posted by you on this website regarding the "Nechung Kuten Recognizes Yeye Omileye".

Both are wearing formal Tibetan robes at the Nechung Monastery and the Mamaki Oracle is wearing an Oracle Mirror (Melong) on her chest and a Crown on her head.

The Melong she stated the Nechung Oracle got for her from Nepal and the Mamaki Crown that he got from Mongolia.

Here's the link.

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=28332&hilit=mamaki&start=20

How do you interpret the meaning of this photo?

You stated that "I think we can chalk it up to her complete and total misunderstanding.".

This is not how I interpret the meaning of this photo.

The smartest thing that Yeye did was document her "Ceremony" to show proof of what happened that day.

This is no longer a possible "he says, she says" debate.

This photo speaks a thousand words.

Malcolm
Posts: 31174
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Re: The Dalai Lama has new Oracles

Post by Malcolm » Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:55 am

greenvajrapani27 wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:17 am
Malcolm wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:40 am
greenvajrapani27 wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:38 am


I agree with you fully Malcolm but the question I have is did the Nechung Oracle illegally make her an Oracle.
Since the only report of this comes from this women, I think we can chalk it up to her complete and total misunderstanding.
Malcolm can you explain the photo that you posted on April 14, 2018 of the Nechung Oracle together with the so Mamaki Oracle.

They are both seating about a foot away from each other with there eyes closed in prayer.

It was posted by you on this website regarding the "Nechung Kuten Recognizes Yeye Omileye".

Both are wearing formal Tibetan robes at the Nechung Monastery and the Mamaki Oracle is wearing an Oracle Mirror (Melong) on her chest and a Crown on her head.

The Melong she stated the Nechung Oracle got for her from Nepal and the Mamaki Crown that he got from Mongolia.

Here's the link.

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=28332&hilit=mamaki&start=20

How do you interpret the meaning of this photo?

You stated that "I think we can chalk it up to her complete and total misunderstanding.".

This is not how I interpret the meaning of this photo.

The smartest thing that Yeye did was document her "Ceremony" to show proof of what happened that day.

This is no longer a possible "he says, she says" debate.

This photo speaks a thousand words.
That photo is from her website and that crown is just a standard five Buddha family crown. There is nothing special about it.
You are making something out of nothing.

User avatar
PeterC
Posts: 1838
Joined: Tue May 20, 2014 12:38 pm

Re: The Dalai Lama has new Oracles

Post by PeterC » Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:58 am

greenvajrapani27 wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:17 am
Malcolm wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:40 am
greenvajrapani27 wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:38 am


I agree with you fully Malcolm but the question I have is did the Nechung Oracle illegally make her an Oracle.
Since the only report of this comes from this women, I think we can chalk it up to her complete and total misunderstanding.
Malcolm can you explain the photo that you posted on April 14, 2018 of the Nechung Oracle together with the so Mamaki Oracle.

They are both seating about a foot away from each other with there eyes closed in prayer.

It was posted by you on this website regarding the "Nechung Kuten Recognizes Yeye Omileye".

Both are wearing formal Tibetan robes at the Nechung Monastery and the Mamaki Oracle is wearing an Oracle Mirror (Melong) on her chest and a Crown on her head.

The Melong she stated the Nechung Oracle got for her from Nepal and the Mamaki Crown that he got from Mongolia.

Here's the link.

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=28332&hilit=mamaki&start=20

How do you interpret the meaning of this photo?

You stated that "I think we can chalk it up to her complete and total misunderstanding.".

This is not how I interpret the meaning of this photo.

The smartest thing that Yeye did was document her "Ceremony" to show proof of what happened that day.

This is no longer a possible "he says, she says" debate.

This photo speaks a thousand words.
No, not really.

A lama performed a ritual of some kind for her. The only information we have about the nature and intent of the ceremony, and the source of the objects used, comes from a woman who doesn't have a clue about the Buddhadharma and who can generously be described as a hustler.

We don't know what the ritual was, we don't know what the implements are or where they came from, and we don't know how much she paid to whom for the ceremony. She could have just dressed up and received a blessing.

Like Manuel in Fawlty Towers, we know nothing.

The Nechung Oracle is a monk of some experience and standing, and I very much doubt he would have done what this woman claims he did. But the only way to find out is to ask. I doubt you'll get a useful answer, though. I suspect that the office of the DL and other relevant bodies will consider the whole thing too silly to merit looking into it.

User avatar
Ayu
Global Moderator
Posts: 8040
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:25 am
Location: Europe

Re: The Dalai Lama has new Oracles

Post by Ayu » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:00 am

Malcolm wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:55 am
....
You are making something out of nothing.
This is my impression since post number one of this thread.

I would like to close this thread now. Many questions were answered thoroughly already. Please let those answers sink in instead of creating more wrong assumptions.

Thread locked until anybody has some new substantial information to add.
For the benefit and ease of all sentient beings. :heart:

Locked

Return to “Gelug”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests