Victims of the Haiti Earthquake - Dedication of merits

Discuss the application of the Dharma to situations of social, political, environmental and economic suffering and injustice.
retrofuturist
Former staff member

Victims of the Haiti Earthquake - Dedication of merits

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

Something I received today that I thought would be worth passing on.
Subject: For “Victims of the Haiti Earthquake” - An Invitation to All Disciples of the Buddha in the Ten Directions for Dedication of Merits

Dear All:

On 13th Jan'10, Haiti experienced a 7.0 degree Earthquake, resulting in severe damage and casualties, with death toll rate amounting to over 10 thousand. Approximately over 3 million Haiti residents were affected by the quake. CNN journalist who visited the affected area described the scene as "horror", where an overview of Prince Street shows demolised buildings, leaving almost no complete or intact houses and buildings.

Even the more affluent residential estates were not spared from the fate of collapsed. A mine field in Prince Street area explored, with unknown number of casualties being buried alive underneath the mine. The place was replead with bodies and without appropriate transport to moved them, could only be left on the streets.

It is hoped that all compassionate disciples of the Buddha could exercise the mindset of Great Loving-Kindness and Compassion of the Bodhisattva together in dedication of merits. Through the supreme merits generated from: chanting of Sutras, recitation of Buddha Name, upholding of Mantra, paying homage to the Buddha, denouncing of Killing, animal liberation etc. To wish for the blessings of Buddha, Boddhisattva Nagas and all Dharma Protectors, so as to relieve all victims of Haiti earthquake, their negative karma and blessings in wisdom.

For survivals, blessings in good health, avoidance of calamities, peace and harmony. For Victims, being free from adversity, generate minds of Bodhi resolving in the wish for rebirth in the Pure Land of the Ultimate Bliss.

For those who wish to participate in this dedication of merits, after you complete your Sutra chanting, recitation of Buddha Name, upholding of Mantra, paying homage to the Buddha and various practice etc.

You may add in this verses at the time when you do dedication of merits:

May the merits thus accrued be dedicated to:
All Sentinent Beings who were victims of Haiti earthquake,
be free from negative karma and grow in wisdom.
May survivals be blessed with good health,
free from calamities, reside in peace and harmony.
May victims who have died be relieved from sufferings,
generate minds of Boddhi and the wish to gain rebirth in the Pure Land of the Ultimate Bliss.

May sentinent beings of this land, other land, limitless land, awakened to Enlightenment.

May all sentinent beings in this world, other world, limitless world systems, attain Enlightenment.

Repaying the four kindness, aiding the three lower realms, may all beings unite in wisdom.

After dedication of merits, kindly in the website below :
http://dakuanshih.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Post a Comment
Indicate your Name (Refuge Name)

Wish to gather the compassionate energies and merits from practice of all, to enable victims of all Haiti earthquake, to be free from pain and suffering!

Sincere Thanks to All disciples of the Buddha for your kindness and compassion!

Warmest regards from Da-Kuan Venerable

ps. Please add me as your friend :
http://www.facebook.com/people/Da-Kuan- ... 0686194057" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(This is my english version account.)

http://zh-tw.facebook.com/dakuan00" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(This is my chinese version account.)
:meditate:

Metta,
Retro. :)
Live in concord, with mutual appreciation, without disputing, blending like milk and water, viewing each other with kindly eyes.

Return to “Engaged Buddhism”