Help David and Retro!

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
Ngawang

Help David and Retro!

Post by Ngawang »

I can't get into DWT or DWM! I set up this dummy account so I can post and contact you.
Do you want to give this account admin privelages so I can troubleshoot it?

Thanks a zillion!

Laura :)
retrofuturist
Former staff member

Re: Help David and Retro!

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings Laura,

David knows about this (well, the DWM one) so I'll leave it for him to fix it, lest we "double-dip" and do actions that conflict with one another.

Have you got any idea why you suddenly can't log into either? It does seem awfully bizarre!

David - Assuming you're friends with Laura on Facebook, maybe send her new password there?

Metta,
Paul. :)
Live in concord, with mutual appreciation, without disputing, blending like milk and water, viewing each other with kindly eyes.
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Hi Laura,

I sent a new password for DW - Theravada & DW - Mahayana to your e-mails. Let me know if you did not get it.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Don't let this site get hacked like e-sangha. Best to check for the source of the problem. Get any emails from people you don't know lately? One of the easiest ways to gain control of a site is to hack an admins home computer. Install a stealth keylogger trojan to get their login. I hope you are using firefox, have a fully updated Windows and virus protection. Don't expect all trojans and loggers to be found by antivirus software. People who are good at this can be almost invisible. Remember how HH Dalai Lamas computers were hacked by the Chinese for years most likely.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/ma ... -computing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by Nemo on Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ngawang

Post by Ngawang »

Thanks a ton! I'll go to FB right now :)
Ngawang Drolma
Founding Member

Post by Ngawang Drolma »

Resolved, thank you. :)
ronnewmexico

Post by ronnewmexico »

Perhaps you know...but about 22 hours ago this site had a problem. I thought perhaps it was going to crash. I checked other sites to see if it was my computer but all others seemed fine. Did various scans and my computer seem OK. Basically it was moving at a snails speed and timed out once. Seems fine today.

Years ago you used to be able to crash a site by inputting certain computer code messages into a reply thread. Times I assume have changed and this is probably protected against now.

As I mentioned on another thread after replying on this site in the past, invariably my computer would slow dramatically. I would have to delete entire history to get it to return to speed. But now that seems to be not occuring. It could be however I am no longer accessing the thread or link that had something on it. I don't know.
"This order considers that progress can be achieved more rapidly during a single month of self-transformation through terrifying conditions in rough terrain and in "the abode of harmful forces" than through meditating for a period of three years in towns and monasteries"....Takpo Tashi Namgyal.
Ngawang Drolma
Founding Member

Post by Ngawang Drolma »

Thanks Nemo and Ron :namaste:
retrofuturist
Former staff member

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings Ron,

I think the problem you observed was just some downtime with the hosting provider. It does happen every now and then, but happens more infrequently now than it used to.

Metta,
Retro. :)
Live in concord, with mutual appreciation, without disputing, blending like milk and water, viewing each other with kindly eyes.

Return to “Lounge”