Six Syllable Mantra + HRI melody.

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Six Syllable Mantra + HRI melody.

Post by Johnny Dangerous » Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:29 am

I remember once hearing (I think) Garchen Rinpoche singing the melody for the six syllable mantra with "HRI" said out loud. Anyone know of a good recording out there with a melody for singing it with HRI? I cannot seem to quite get it on my own.
"...if you think about how many hours, months and years of your life you've spent looking at things, being fascinated by things that have now passed away, then how wonderful to spend even five minutes looking into the nature of your own mind."

-James Low

Fortyeightvows

Re: Six Syllable Mantra + HRI melody.

Post by Fortyeightvows » Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:33 am

maybe one of these...

smcj

Post by smcj » Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:49 am

This version alternates between six and seven syllables.

https://soundcloud.com/user-730689343/chenrezig-puja

Mantra recitation starts around 27 minute mark.

Btw I have this link in my signature too. I really like this rendition of Chenrezig.
1.The problem isn’t ‘ignorance’. The problem is the mind you have right now. (H.H. Karmapa XVII @NYC 2/4/18)
2. I support Mingyur R and HHDL in their positions against lama abuse.
3. Student: Lama, I thought I might die but then I realized that the 3 Jewels would protect me.
Lama: Even If you had died the 3 Jewels would still have protected you. (DW post by Fortyeightvows)

Sennin

Post by Sennin » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:35 am

Johnny Dangerous wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:29 am
I remember once hearing (I think) Garchen Rinpoche singing the melody for the six syllable mantra with "HRI" said out loud. Anyone know of a good recording out there with a melody for singing it with HRI? I cannot seem to quite get it on my own.

Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Post by Könchok Thrinley » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:11 am

On Spotify there is an album with Garchen Rinpoche, sth from Himalayas and there he sings two versions of Mani and other mantras too.
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

Formerly known as Miroku.

Fortyeightvows

Post by Fortyeightvows » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:14 am

I think last year they made a chanting box of him reciting many different mantras. I'm sure there are still some available somewhere

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”