What are you doing about the coronavirus?

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
Nemo

Re: What are you doing about the coronavirus?

Post by Nemo » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:46 pm

Malcolm wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:43 pm
DNS wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:49 pm
Senator Rand Paul (KY) tests positive for Covid-19.
I don't like the fellow, but I hope he does not have any comorbidity which can cause complications, etc.
Our reaction to the virus was slow until the wife of our PM contracted it while in England. It helps a lot when rich assholes realize they have skin in the game.

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:49 pm

Nemo wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:46 pm
Malcolm wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:43 pm
DNS wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:49 pm
Senator Rand Paul (KY) tests positive for Covid-19.
I don't like the fellow, but I hope he does not have any comorbidity which can cause complications, etc.
Our reaction to the virus was slow until the wife of our PM contracted it while in England. It helps a lot when rich assholes realize they have skin in the game.
However, they have one line, and we have another. Trump even said as much on Wed, unapologetically, when asked why the rich and famous were getting tested and others were not.

If this does not convince the American people that we need a better health care system, nothing will.

Pero

Post by Pero » Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:19 pm

Norwegian wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:01 am
Pero wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:40 pm
There are also other very real dangers that come with more power given to the government. Over here the measures taken by the governement (that just came into power) in the past two weeks are eerily similar to a coup and a sliding into dictatorship. In the best case scenario they will have "only" stolen some money by the time the crisis is over (already "lost" 10 million €).
Norwegian government have been in talks with parliament basically every day, all parties are working together (in and out of government) to come up with the best possible plan to handle this disaster. And first government suggested a crisis law to be installed for 1 year. Next it was argued that it would last for six months. Now the agreed upon duration is one month.

I think it's certainly possible for some countries to abuse this situation, but many countries will not. We've had lots of debate in media regarding this, and no matter what party affiliation of people, the thought is to not cross any lines.
Can we become your protectorate? :D
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar

Norwegian

Post by Norwegian » Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:37 pm

Pero wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:19 pm
Norwegian wrote:
Pero wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:40 pm
There are also other very real dangers that come with more power given to the government. Over here the measures taken by the governement (that just came into power) in the past two weeks are eerily similar to a coup and a sliding into dictatorship. In the best case scenario they will have "only" stolen some money by the time the crisis is over (already "lost" 10 million €).
Norwegian government have been in talks with parliament basically every day, all parties are working together (in and out of government) to come up with the best possible plan to handle this disaster. And first government suggested a crisis law to be installed for 1 year. Next it was argued that it would last for six months. Now the agreed upon duration is one month.

I think it's certainly possible for some countries to abuse this situation, but many countries will not. We've had lots of debate in media regarding this, and no matter what party affiliation of people, the thought is to not cross any lines.
Perhaps I could make some calls, see what could be done... :thumbsup:
"The Guru is the Buddha, the Guru is the Dharma,
The Guru is the Sangha too,
The Guru is Śrī Heruka.
The All-Creating King is the Guru."

-- The Secret Assembly Tantra

Virgo
Former staff member

Post by Virgo » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:12 pm

How far is the US behind Italy, two weeks?

Virgo

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:13 pm

Virgo wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:12 pm

Virgo
two or three. it is going to be really bad.

Virgo
Former staff member

Post by Virgo » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:20 pm

Malcolm wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:13 pm
Virgo wrote:

Virgo
Yep. A lot of people here still don't really understand just what we are in for. It is very unfortunate.

Virgo

Norwegian

Post by Norwegian » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:21 pm

Malcolm wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:13 pm
Virgo wrote:

Virgo
Projection from Johns Hopkins University:
That curve for the US is concerning.
"The Guru is the Buddha, the Guru is the Dharma,
The Guru is the Sangha too,
The Guru is Śrī Heruka.
The All-Creating King is the Guru."

-- The Secret Assembly Tantra

Virgo
Former staff member

Post by Virgo » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:25 pm

Norwegian wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:21 pm
That curve for the US is concerning.
Yes, it is. :namaste:

Virgo

smcj

Post by smcj » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:43 pm

There was an article quoting the governor of New York saying that he anticipates a 40%-80% infection rate for his state. I was trying to link it but I think it has been taken down.

BTW New York has 20M people.
1.The problem isn’t ‘ignorance’. The problem is the mind you have right now. (H.H. Karmapa XVII @NYC 2/4/18)
2. I support Mingyur R and HHDL in their positions against lama abuse.
3. Student: Lama, I thought I might die but then I realized that the 3 Jewels would protect me.
Lama: Even If you had died the 3 Jewels would still have protected you. (DW post by Fortyeightvows)

Pero

Post by Pero » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:09 pm

Norwegian wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:37 pm
Pero wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:19 pm
Norwegian wrote:

Perhaps I could make some calls, see what could be done... :thumbsup:
:lol:
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar

Virgo
Former staff member

Post by Virgo » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:10 pm

smcj wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:43 pm
There was an article quoting the governor of New York saying that he anticipates a 40%-80% infection rate for his state. I was trying to link it but I think it has been taken down.

BTW New York has 20M people.
Yes, indeed. The coasts will probably peak first followed by States which big cities that are also air hubs like Chicago and Atlanta, and then everywhere else.

Virgo

Pero

Post by Pero » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:20 pm

PeterC wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:46 pm
We’re beyond parody at this stage

https://www.defenseone.com/threats/2020 ... enseOneTCO
The U.S. Air Force quietly flew 500,000 swabs for COVID-19 testing kits from Italy to Memphis, Tennessee, on Monday, Defense One has learned. ...

“This is a great example of how nations are working together to ensure that we’re meeting the global demand,”
Italy, a country that has no particular need of testing materials right now.
Hmm but is there any indication that this effects Italy negatively? Perhaps they make enough of them?
- Shabkar

Dan74
Former staff member

Post by Dan74 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:11 pm

There may be some cause for optimism, people. If you look at the US data, the daily new deaths and the daily new infected vs recovered has gone down for the last two days. There may be other explanations, of course, and the virus sometimes spreads to new vulnerable locations after being successfully controlled in one, but I hope through both local, state and federal actions, this can be brought under control.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavir ... mZisFAJ2aY
Screenshot (174).png
Screenshot (174).png (489.82 KiB) Viewed 493 times
Screenshot (173).png
Screenshot (173).png (381.5 KiB) Viewed 490 times
Attachments
Screenshot (172).png
Screenshot (172).png (396.05 KiB) Viewed 493 times

Virgo
Former staff member

Post by Virgo » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:19 pm

College students in Florida test positive for coronavirus after spring break trip (may have to turn off vpn if your using one):

https://fox8.com/news/college-students- ... DE3g6lUND8

Virgo

PeterC

Post by PeterC » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:01 am

Dan74 wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:11 pm
There may be some cause for optimism, people. If you look at the US data, the daily new deaths and the daily new infected vs recovered has gone down for the last two days. There may be other explanations, of course, and the virus sometimes spreads to new vulnerable locations after being successfully controlled in one, but I hope through both local, state and federal actions, this can be brought under control.
For the next few weeks changes in reported case numbers in the US will be due mostly to rollout of testing, not actually infections, as there is such a large number of untested cases out there. The same thing happened in Hubei province through February. I would reserve any optimism until there is genuine national testing in place

well wisher

Post by well wisher » Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:38 pm

About which best practices to help limit the spread of the coronavirus epidemic? I think: washing hands frequently, avoid touching one's own faces, keep distances or wear masks while speaking. Also doing at least some exercises everyday, eat vegetables and fruits and hot soups / teas to help keep immune system strong. I am sure plenty of others already cover at least some of these points already.

Anyways, can anybody confirm if the below links articles / pictures looks genuine or not? Looks like namaste might be a safer greeting than handshakes and kisses! :namaste:
Amid coronavirus fear, world leaders adopt 'Namaste'

Coronavirus pandemic | India's 'namaste' catches world’s fancy as it strives to contain COVID-19
https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/world ... 38451.html

Tenma

Post by Tenma » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:10 pm

well wisher wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:38 pm
About which best practices to help limit the spread of the coronavirus epidemic? I think: washing hands frequently, avoid touching one's own faces, keep distances or wear masks while speaking. Also doing at least some exercises everyday, eat vegetables and fruits and hot soups / teas to help keep immune system strong. I am sure plenty of others already cover at least some of these points already.

Anyways, can anybody confirm if the below links articles / pictures looks genuine or not? Looks like namaste might be a safer greeting than handshakes and kisses! :namaste:
Amid coronavirus fear, world leaders adopt 'Namaste'

Coronavirus pandemic | India's 'namaste' catches world’s fancy as it strives to contain COVID-19
https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/world ... 38451.html
I dunno, here in NY and the city, we're now just nodding our heads instead of shaking hands.

Lucas Oliveira

Post by Lucas Oliveira » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:05 pm

OVER 100,000 PEOPLE HAVE RECOVERED FROM CORONAVIRUS AROUND THE WORLD
https://www.newsweek.com/coronavirus-re ... ns-1493723

VIRUS HOPE
More than 100,000 coronavirus sufferers around the world have recovered from the deadly bug
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11236431/ ... recovered/

:namaste:
I participate in this forum using Google Translator. https://translate.google.com.br/

http://www.acessoaoinsight.net/

Lucas Oliveira

Post by Lucas Oliveira » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:07 pm

World’s fastest supercomputer identifies coronavirus drug candidates

IBM AC922 Summit, the first supercomputer capable of reaching a quintillion operations per second, has identified 77 compounds with the potential to be used to fight the coronavirus responsible for the ongoing pandemic.

https://eandt.theiet.org/content/articl ... andidates/

:namaste:
I participate in this forum using Google Translator. https://translate.google.com.br/

http://www.acessoaoinsight.net/

Return to “Lounge”